User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Crown

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    England is a pissant nation now that has no real power. USA has far more influence over Australia than ..... we are calling the British Royal family 'The Crown' now? I don't think I will - and who in Gods name is watching that trash show on TV? Why do people care about what the royals do? I don't understand it. You Americans are so lucky that you don't have to hear about everything Prince Harry does. Anyway - US far more influence. Governor General doesn't do anything really. If you look into it it was actually the CIA that had Whitlam removed not the Queen. And many believe that the CIA murdered Harold Holt. I say good on them. ASIO only exists to shine the CIAs boots really. England has very little Influence these days. This is why I am against Australia becoming a Republic - its a waste of money. England doesn't care what we do. We may as well just stay in Commonwealth. Why waste the money?
    Thanks, and the only response not aimed at taking the piss out of a dumb yank. (My wife is from Melbourne).

So, do you to belong the Liberal Party? (Took me a bit to grasp that concept!)
    Last edited by WVYankee; 03-01-2021 at 05:18 PM. Reason: grammer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

TheOneOnly2 (03-03-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StanAtStanFan View Post
    I don't consider England to be a pissant country, not as long as it has a Navy and nuclear weapons, and remains a friend of the U.S.

One has to respect Elizabeth II, on the throne of England since 1951, that is an amazing feat of political accomplishment. Hell - Charles may pass away before she does. One should also note that the British Commonwealth of Nations, of which she is the titular leader of, has gained many more members since World War II, then it had prior to 1939.

What I dislike about England is her past military rule as the British Empire. Particularly her treatment of tiny Ireland, a nation whose culture they actually tried to lobotomize and South Africa, where they engineered a pure money grab for the Transvaal where the Kimberly Diamond mines are located. Cecil Rhodes (the ultimate British imperialist), of Rhodes Scholar fame, Rhodesia was named after him, the Brits went after the tough Dutch Boer farmers in 1899-1901, a population that had been established and farming in South Africa and Natal for over 300-years. Another tiny country the Brits went after for monetary purposes, King, Queen and Country. That war saw the British institute summary executions of POW's without trial; a scorched-earth policy of their lands, farms and buildings, and concentration camps for her women and children. The Boer War found the British Army up against the first white, heavily armed military in her march to Empire, and it took a massive infusion of British troops to quell the Dutch Boers.

Australia and New Zealand are sort of strange ducks of nations. The British Fleet protected them throughout most of their history, until the start of World War II, when America took on that role. My father, a World War II Marine, always spoke highly of the New Zealand Kiwi's, and his R&R station during the island hopping battles of the Third Marines, in Auckland. The Pacific theater was an American Naval and combat Army-Marine war.

The Aussies are amusing and sort of odd-duck people when it comes to their relationship with England. They are more like America than English. The fact that they happen to have fought with America in every modern war we got ourselves into endears them to us, they are a solid ally in the Orient, with China and North Korean influence and danger always poised. Add that into the fact they happen to be the world's greatest alcohol drinkers, champions of the world at that, ya gotta like em, right Mate?

Canada has some oddities that America doesn't have. Universal health insurance for one, but essentially, it is hard to tell the difference between the two nations. The majority of their population lives within 100-miles of the U.S. border. Regarding guns, and gun violence, England and Canada do not have a reputation for that type of violence. You automatically become about 95% safer from criminal activity once you cross the Peace Bridge to Canada in Buffalo, or the tunnel to Windsor in Detroit. Generally they are considered politically our poor cousins, but they have been a staunch ally throughout most of America's modern history. Their troops fought in all our modern wars on our side. Their troops made the first test assault on Normandy to test the Nazi defenses and got slaughtered.

We share the world's longest, peaceful border with them, and even participate in sports (Canada and America have hosted the Olympic Games several times), plus the National Hockey League operates in America and Canada easily. I personally like Toronto (was brought up south of Buffalo, N.Y., 90-miles from Toronto) and like Montreal and Quebec City. Never been there but hear Vancouver is a beautiful city also. Canada is a friend, they do have a strange French-type habit of going their own way occasionally on foreign affairs, but it was Canada who recused a bunch of our hostages held in the Iranian Embassy during that crisis during the Carter Administration. I remember newspaper headlines at the time blazoned with "Thank You Canada" and they were well deserved. They might bitch and moan like the middle child, but will always follow America in most things and the number of entertainment and sports personalities that come to us from Canada? A general credit, if one excludes Justin Beiber.

As I wrote, don't like the British Empire's history. Although we fought and won two wars with them, it was the British Naval fleet that screened America for about 100-years of its political and military power that protected America and allowed us to conquer and control an entire virgin continent and develop into the great nation we are today. For that, America is thankful, although we don't say it often, and of course, their laws are the basis for many of America's Bill of Rights and Constitution. America likes England - the Queen and the Royal Family? Wally World Europe, but that doesn't stop our citizens from making London a preferred tourist stop, and a place to spend our dollars. We are treated very well in England, France? A different story.

Stan
    Thanks, but asking for responses from those other than American, though I agree with, well, MOST of what you posted.

That imparted, America's Second Amendment rights are front and center as to what won America's independence. And that FACT is not debatable, no matter how its spun. Furthermore, the FBI's own statistics have proven over and over that the well armed citizen REDUCES the violent crime rate in substantial numbers--IF those that wield them aren't doing so for criminal reasons. The cesspools that have become our cities are the exception. And therein lies the answer that's twisted into not only a lie, but the very root of the problem of just WHO possesses weapons in the first place. Even a child could figure this out--WITHOUT prompting from some impotent liberal.

V.I.P. Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    My dearest friend ever was English till the day she died. She was furious when she was forced to get an E.U. passport. She went through the Blitz in London. She was tiny and strong and crawled through tunnels in wrecked buildings looking for survivors. She told me about the day she came out of a tunnel and everyone was looking at the King and Queen. She said, "Patrick, that's when I knew we were all in it together."

England might be better off if it were still run by royalty. The left has ruined the country but another country's choice of governments doesn't concern me. America's does.

I always enjoyed the story about the Queen Mother during the Nazi air blitz of London in 1940. She would dress up in her flowered dresses and hats and have a car and driver take her around London to observe the bombing damage. It was tough on the British, but, then again, London is a very big city. Germany made the mistake of trying to break the British citizens will to fight on by terror bombing, the RAF was magnificent during this time. What the Luftwaffe should have been doing was knocking out British airdromes which were the stations for radar, something new then, which allowed the British planes to locate and fly directly at the German fighters and bombers, without wasting gas. All the Nazi fighters could only stay over London for about 6-7 minutes of fighting time, before turning back. Otherwise they would run out of fuel, crash in the Channel, be killed or captured. The British pilots who survived crashing in the Channel were rescued to fight again.

Anyway, back to the Queen Mother. The British tabloids were very critical of her at the time, complaining it was unseemly for Royalty to be rummaging around in the rubble of bombed out buildings, shelters, and homes, greeting the people, dressed to the nines.

The Queen Mother's classic response to that criticism was, "Why are you upset. The people always wear their Sunday best clothes when they visit me, so I am just repeating the courtesy."

Stan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StanAtStanFan For This Useful Post:

Swedgin (03-03-2021)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVYankee View Post
    Thanks, and the only response not aimed at taking the piss out of a dumb yank. (My wife is from Melbourne).

So, do you to belong the Liberal Party? (Took me a bit to grasp that concept!)
    Ha. Nah - Im working class so they hate me. Not as much as the leftist Labour Party hates me though. I do not participate in Australian elections. I am forced to go get my name marked off so I dont get a fine but I do not consent to being ruled by either party in Australia. I dont believe in democracy. I consider myself to be a realist.

If my pay scale improved I would probably vote liberal. Ha. Culturally I support them over the white working class hating educated leftist Labour Party but that is kind of the point of modern neoliberalism I guess. ... I should not go on. Im not taking anything personally though. But my present reality forces me to lean to what you would call the right I guess. Im not political though. It is what it is. Like if someone paid me to write leftist propaganda I would do it. And that doesnt mean that I have no integrity because at the end of the day its all nonsense anyway. Im just a guy. Im not out to cause problems. edit - For me its about who is paying me. Who is supporting me. My loyalty is with them. I would prefer to get paid by America. But I would work for China if they paid me. Having said that Im not going to break a contract for a higher bidder. Im not going to break a deal. A deal is a deal. But I do have standards. For example I wouldnt want work with ASIO - they are piss ants. Pathetic retards. I write propaganda - thats what I want to do. When I have time thats what I work on. Try to get better at.

At the end of the day I am not political. Not political. Realist. I support the elites. I want to get with the power. I am for myself. I got no family. No loyalties. I dont even have friends really. I seek to be of value. To contribute.

And yeah - 'dumb yank' stereotype is pretty dumb. Inferiority complexes are terrible things.
    Last edited by TheOneOnly2; 03-03-2021 at 05:53 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOneOnly2 For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (03-03-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    Ha. Nah - Im working class so they hate me. Not as much as the leftist Labour Party hates me though. I do not participate in Australian elections. I am forced to go get my name marked off so I dont get a fine but I do not consent to being ruled by either party in Australia. I dont believe in democracy. I consider myself to be a realist.

If my pay scale improved I would probably vote liberal. Ha. Culturally I support them over the white working class hating educated leftist Labour Party but that is kind of the point of modern neoliberalism I guess. ... I should not go on. Im not taking anything personally though. But my present reality forces me to lean to what you would call the right I guess. Im not political though. It is what it is. Like if someone paid me to write leftist propaganda I would do it. And that doesnt mean that I have no integrity because at the end of the day its all nonsense anyway. Im just a guy. Im not out to cause problems. edit - For me its about who is paying me. Who is supporting me. My loyalty is with them. I would prefer to get paid by America. But I would work for China if they paid me. Having said that Im not going to break a contract for a higher bidder. Im not going to break a deal. A deal is a deal. But I do have standards. For example I wouldnt want work with ASIO - they are piss ants. Pathetic retards. I write propaganda - thats what I want to do. When I have time thats what I work on. Try to get better at.

At the end of the day I am not political. Not political. Realist. I support the elites. I want to get with the power. I am for myself. I got no family. No loyalties. I dont even have friends really. I seek to be of value. To contribute.

And yeah - 'dumb yank' stereotype is pretty dumb. Inferiority complexes are terrible things.
    Thanks for your openness. THAT'S exactly what I was hoping to hear. From those of you outside the US.

Some things I'd like to comment on that you were good enough to share:

Compulsory voting is stupid. And irrational. It defeats the whole purpose of having a choice. Besides all of that, it invites even more morons to "mark an 'X'" than do in America's system, just for the sake of "voting." It's ludicrous--and that's being kind. The stupid and lazy shouldn't be allowed to express anything with a "vote." Voting is (or certainly SHOULD be) reserved for the INFORMED, who make INFORMED decisions. And protected while doing so--UNLIKE what just went down in America, of all places.

Over a century ago, Marxism came oh so close to getting a firm foothold on England through their Labour Party--until WWII happened. It's dangerous shit--the kind of shit that works hand in hand with even more dangerous power mongers that destroy nations, once they seize control. Europe itself is laced with such examples.

As for who is paying you, you really need to look further than the length of your own arm and come to terms with the FACT that if it's too good to be true, then it probably IS. Personal wealth and freedom are ALWAYS built on hard work, sacrifice, and a moral sense. And there are NO shortcuts to that. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. And a trap.

One more thing--anyone who proclaims themselves to be "elite" doesn't give a rat's ass about YOU. No matter what diarrhea they shoot out of their pie-hole that looks like rainbows and rays of sunshine at the moment. THAT you can take to the bank.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Belonging to The Commonwealth is pretty much the only real benefit to remaining Subject to The Crown.
    Yes, and now we are out the corrupt protectionist racket the Eu, we can rebuild out the neglected Commonwealth, which is five times the size of the rotten EU Single market
    My dearest friend ever was English till the day she died. She was furious when she was forced to get an E.U. passport. She went through the Blitz in London. She was tiny and strong and crawled through tunnels in wrecked buildings looking for survivors. She told me about the day she came out of a tunnel and everyone was looking at the King and Queen. She said, "Patrick, that's when I knew we were all in it together."
    Thats the point. The lesson to be learned was that Area bombing of civilians, which was , according to the Nazis, supposed to break civilian morale, did the exact opposite when applied to the English, because we will not put up with being bullied. It precisely the same 'Bulldog Spirit" (as it was called) when it came to Brexit, the working class Labour and the posh County Tories came together and voted out. In WW2, when the Queen got bombed in Buckingham Palace that totally sealed it, and we all became one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    England might be better off if it were still run by royalty. The left has ruined the country but another country's choice of governments doesn't concern me. America's does.
    Quite possibly, but its far too late. Our democracy and civil liberties were gained over a 600 year period in a series of "Settlement Treaties", ie agreements between the King and the people, the first was Magna Carta, there were others, such as the Charter of the Forest of 1217. Such Treaties gave the King right to tax us in return for recognising our civil liberties and freedoms. Too late to undo it all now!

Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Personally, I would like to know the feelings of British citizens towards Prince Harry and his American bride....?

They can fuck off, both are now totally Persona Non Grata. She insulted the English people, our culture, traditions and our Monarchy. She thought she was going to come her, be Queen Bee, and live a life of semi-torpor and lotus eating riding the taxpayer funded gravy train, and not have to give public service in return. Furthermore, she utterly failed to grasp firstly that she was a minor member of the RF and down the bottom of the pile (even Eugenia and Beatrice outranked her) and secondly she completely failed to grasp the difference between 'celebrity' and 'royalty', and still hasnt grasped it. So, i strongly suggest the bitch doesn't dare step foot on english soil ever again, her or her Gamma male lapdog.

Whats more, she foolishly thinks she can take on the Monachy, ie the richest woman in the world with the most powerful contacts and connections ,and unlimited resources at her disposal. She ow accusing the Monachy of lying, which is an outrageous insult to us.

'There's a lot that's been lost': Meghan slams The Firm for 'perpetuating falsehoods about us' | Daily Mail Online

First, the one thing the Queen doesnt do is lie, because the people have to believe in the Monarchy for it to survive, and it would be a catastrophic mistake to lie and be found out, Andrew has got very near the knuckle on this one, but the Queen says nothing rather than tells a lie. Furthermore, these allegations of Markle bullying staff have been floating round for a while (Kate had to intervene at one stage). All that happened was the staf were asked to keep a lid on it to save markel and Harry embarrassment. Now that shes decided to launch a full on attack against the Monachy on TV, the Queen has said "well fuck her then, lets have a full on investigation into her bullyign and she if we can damage her back".

This is not a battle the idiot markle woman can win, the Monarchy has been doing this for a thousand years, they are well practised at the art of dealign with troublesome people like markle, who are out to cause trouble. And attacking the Monachy just gets her more and more hated here.
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 03-04-2021 at 04:08 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Swedgin (03-08-2021),WVYankee (03-04-2021)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (03-04-2021)

Banned Achievements:
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    The Monarchy stashes multi millions of pounds in offshore accounts while war veterans suffer and are homeless- through lack of money..
    Prince Andrew is protected form proper pursuance into his alleged sexual perversions with under age girls. (Epstein was his best friend and a convicted pedo, sexual deviant)
    I wore the Crown (as part of my uniform) and saluted the Crown and took an oath to Her Majesty for many years... then I woke up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubler9 For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (03-04-2021)

Thanks

Don't underestimate the influence of the Queen Of England. Although she doesn't rule the nation politically, or directly, every politician in England is subservient to her. The Prime Minister isn't the ruler or a President-type - he is simply the Queen's First Minister. If she isn't pleased with what her politicians do or pass as legislation, it is my understanding that she can delay implementation of any legislation, as long as six months if necessary, and force Parliament occasionally to edit or eliminate parts she doesn't like. "I am not pleased" is a powerful influence in British politics.

Stan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVYankee View Post
    Thanks, but asking for responses from those other than American, though I agree with, well, MOST of what you posted.

That imparted, America's Second Amendment rights are front and center as to what won America's independence. And that FACT is not debatable, no matter how its spun. Furthermore, the FBI's own statistics have proven over and over that the well armed citizen REDUCES the violent crime rate in substantial numbers--IF those that wield them aren't doing so for criminal reasons. The cesspools that have become our cities are the exception. And therein lies the answer that's twisted into not only a lie, but the very root of the problem of just WHO possesses weapons in the first place. Even a child could figure this out--WITHOUT prompting from some impotent liberal.

You can ask for responses from other than American's regarding the relationship between two age-old nations like England and America, but when you post up a new thread here in TPF, all of us get to comment on it. You are not an editor or monitor, the post was interesting, and the British RF and politics and their position in the world, is always of immense interest to American's. The forum is open to all, not selected audiences.

Stan

Thread Information