Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Burning The Candle At Both Ends

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks

NFL Burning The Candle At Both Ends

...attendance wise.

NFL attendance (adjusted for the lockdown) and TV audience dropped for both younger and older demographics. Not a one-year thing due to masks. This drop has been going on for nine years.

The drop is also noticeable at the college and high school levels.

But the most dramatic manifestation has been at the Super Bowl.

NFL Hemorrhaging Young Viewers, Under 50 Super Bowl Viewership Declines for Ninth Straight Year (breitbart.com)

The link explained loss of younger audience due to less people playing football these days at lower levels. I can confirm that. Small high schools used build stadia that hold about 2,000 fans and the big schools build them to hold 5,000 to 10,000. Forty years ago even small town games had people standing room only. Cincinnati Moeller vs Cincinnati Elder packed Riverfront to the top of the red seats (nosebleed heaven) in the 1970s. No more.

Even in parts of the country where high school football is adored such as Texas, Pennsylvania, and Ohio, empty seats are easy to find.

Less men are going to college and that drives down audience. Yeah, the Power 5 conferences still have good audiences but they are very lonely in that respect.

On the other end of the age spectrum the “Woke” emphasis has been driving off older fans in droves. Fans don't want Marxist political slogans rammed down their throats. If the TV ads at the last Super Bowl are any indication, advertisers are apparently betting that white men will completely abandon the NFL.

Will the NFL die off by 2030 or can it make a comeback? The experience of NASCAR, MLB and the NBA would not make one optimistic. Roman sports lasted for seven centuries. American sports look like one and a half might be difficult.
    Last edited by Taxcutter; 02-12-2021 at 11:06 AM.
    Americans despise WOKE

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Taxcutter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (02-12-2021),BooBoo (02-12-2021),donttread (02-12-2021),Quark (02-12-2021),Rutabaga (02-12-2021),teeceetx (02-12-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Sports is dead.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (02-12-2021),FNguy (02-12-2021),Swedgin (02-12-2021),teeceetx (02-12-2021)

50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Sports is dead.

Taxcutter says:
    Definitely in the ICU. Babe Ruth saved baseball and took it to heights of popularity, but gravity never lets up.
    Americans despise WOKE

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taxcutter For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (02-12-2021),Quark (02-12-2021)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    The nfl's ratings with younger viewers has been going down for years. (MY THEORY: The sport just isn't popular with the growing numbers of shemales, transfreaks and left wing bent-wristers. They are too busy posting "positive body images" of themselves, while trolling anyone to the right of Karl Marx in the Twitisphere....)

So, obviously, the "wise ones" at the top decided the ONLY way to help ratings would be to piss off the loyal fans who have been following them (and, filling their over flowing coffers) for decades.

Now, we see what your post is pointing out.

The NFL will certainly continue, BUT....I, for one, will be very interested to see how the TV negotiations go over the next few years.

Unfortunately for the NFL, the Chinese are not as keen on American Football, as they are on Basketball. Speaking of which, I have footage of the new Anthem, the NBA will be playing in the next few seasons:

Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (02-12-2021),Quark (02-12-2021),Rutabaga (02-12-2021)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxcutter View Post
    Taxcutter says:
    Definitely in the ICU. Babe Ruth saved baseball and took it to heights of popularity, but gravity never lets up.
    --Nor, does the abject stupidity of the human species.......
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swedgin For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (02-12-2021),Quark (02-12-2021)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Sports is dead.
    If there's one good thing to come of this, it's the Death of Sportsball.

When you think about it, it's really one of the most asinine ways to spend a free afternoon or evening. WATCHING...STRANGERS throw an odd-shaped ball around? Men you don't know, wearing team colors, a franchise owned by a rich man who has no regard for you? Because THE BUSINESS is in your metro area? Odds are, the actual owner is living elsewhere with no roots locally. Most of the players are from elsewhere. They have contempt for you. They're freaks, and frequently they are stupid.

I get watching your kid's high-school team perform. That's parental support. Not the vicarious thrills, not even very strong, that come of Sportsball.

LET IT DIE. When we're clear of Face Diapers and White Privilege, the wreckage of this nation is going to put severe limits on our leisure time; better we get used to it now. And enjoy what we can while we can. REAL pleasure - not Sportsball.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Quark (02-12-2021)

Banned Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    im hoping they reverse course and publicly apologize to all their past fans. sunday was the first time i watched more than a quarter of play in three years. i used to watch every game i could, plus i was league manager to two fantasy leagues and was a team holder to three more. those days will never come back. theyve created that much hate in me. kneeling to God after a touchdown and raising your hands to Him in suplication isnt the same as taking a knee while the SSB plays. if you hate your life so much as to put down how and why you got there in the first place, i suggest you tie a plastic bag over your head and dive as deep as you can in the river.
    Last edited by jirqoadai; 02-12-2021 at 11:32 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jirqoadai For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (02-12-2021),East of the Beast (02-12-2021),Swedgin (02-12-2021)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Sports is dead.

Professional Sports has committed suicide.

No one wants to watch these millionaire morons spew their social and political opinions.

People watch Pro Sports to ESCAPE all the shit in their lives, not to have it vomited back in their faces at game time.

Adios Pro Sports.

Guess there'll be a whole lot of mansions and luxury cars for sale in the coming years, along with a lot of new fast food employees.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (02-12-2021),Hillofbeans (02-12-2021),Quark (02-12-2021),tlmjl (02-14-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxcutter View Post
    ...attendance wise.

NFL attendance (adjusted for the lockdown) and TV audience dropped for both younger and older demographics. Not a one-year thing due to masks. This drop has been going on for nine years.

The drop is also noticeable at the college and high school levels.

But the most dramatic manifestation has been at the Super Bowl.

NFL Hemorrhaging Young Viewers, Under 50 Super Bowl Viewership Declines for Ninth Straight Year (breitbart.com)

The link explained loss of younger audience due to less people playing football these days at lower levels. I can confirm that. Small high schools used build stadia that hold about 2,000 fans and the big schools build them to hold 5,000 to 10,000. Forty years ago even small town games had people standing room only. Cincinnati Moeller vs Cincinnati Elder packed Riverfront to the top of the red seats (nosebleed heaven) in the 1970s. No more.

Even in parts of the country where high school football is adored such as Texas, Pennsylvania, and Ohio, empty seats are easy to find.

Less men are going to college and that drives down audience. Yeah, the Power 5 conferences still have good audiences but they are very lonely in that respect.

On the other end of the age spectrum the “Woke” emphasis has been driving off older fans in droves. Fans don't want Marxist political slogans rammed down their throats. If the TV ads at the last Super Bowl are any indication, advertisers are apparently betting that white men will completely abandon the NFL.

Will the NFL die off by 2030 or can it make a comeback? The experience of NASCAR, MLB and the NBA would not make one optimistic. Roman sports lasted for seven centuries. American sports look like one and a half might be difficult.

The game is different a one point game can now be relatively boring , inconsistent officiating, too much sports talk TV plus all the stuff you mentioned. Much of this they brought on themselves. Golden Goose story i guess.

An unrelated observation: "Less men are going to college" Now why isn't that a huge deal? Why don't we have special programs to help boys with communications and Language arts like we have to help girls with STEM. ? Kangaroo college courts ruining young men without evidence and sometimes leading to suicide.

Will our society be anti racism and genderism? Or will it just pick a target like Hitler did? Are we falling into a a pervasive anti-male and possibly anti- white message? Or is this just the pendulum going a bit too far for a little while?
    Less men going to college should be a very big deal.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Quark (02-12-2021),Swedgin (02-12-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceetx View Post
    Professional Sports has committed suicide.

No one wants to watch these millionaire morons spew their social and political opinions.

People watch Pro Sports to ESCAPE all the shit in their lives, not to have it vomited back in their faces at game time.

Adios Pro Sports.

Guess there'll be a whole lot of mansions and luxury cars for sale in the coming years, along with a lot of new fast food employees.
    Sports use to be where real men and real women went to escape the daily grind of life. Not any more. No wonder depression and suicides are sky rocketing. Life isn't worth living any more.

Thread Information