User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Second Amendment...An Opinion

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson2 View Post
    The problem with your opinion is that it wants to deny fundamental rights to other people. Its a typical opinion recited by the gun banners. Plus almost all of it has been refuted many times previously, in many forums and court rooms.
    Agreed. It's a dangerous opinion.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

12icer (01-04-2021),NRAforlife (01-03-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Ah a pot stirrer then? No need, it is already stirred with no flights into the world of fantasy. Usurping powers designated to other branches and redefining of hard definitions and history are the tools of dictators when they are subjugating the masses they wish to enslave. The OP is such an excursion into redefinition. The only thing needed to clearly understand the complete intent and meaning of the Second Amendment is a class in English Composition and the correct usage of punctuation. The reading is absolute and the Separate meanings are clear. IE suppose we use another sentence that is structurally congruent, A well cooked steak, being the staple of our diet, the rearing of Cattle shall not be discouraged. THE introductory qualifying clause is descriptive NOT RESTRICTIVE. Those who wish to control your rights use the general twisting and breaking of English grammatical and composition rules to make the meaning of the finite into the infinitely malleable.
    THERE can be only ONE!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 12icer For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-05-2021),jirqoadai (01-04-2021),nonsqtr (01-04-2021)

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Gun banning simply won't work. There is zero chance of it working. Ever.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

12icer (01-04-2021),Esdraelon (01-06-2021),JustPassinThru (01-04-2021),NRAforlife (04-17-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Gun banning simply won't work. There is zero chance of it working. Ever.
    Just as Decriminalization of Drugs will not work

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Goodwin View Post
    Attachment 55178The Second Amendment states: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” The meaning of this sentence is not self-evident, and has given rise to much debate but few Supreme Court decisions.

The following is not a tricky or difficult proposition in the least. It is in fact logical and intelligent.

Men and women nation wide are packing guns on their sides and slung over their shoulders the size of baby howitzers for the entire world to see frightening men and women and children wherever they go. Point in fact. One day while grocery shopping I stooped down to get something from a bottom shelf and while doing so someone stepped up next to me and as I stood up I gazed to my side as human beings do to see who they are standing next to and there was a scruffy dude in beat up old trousers, shirt covered in grime and some old floppy hat made of straw but what was most outstanding about this person was the monstrous nine millimeter handgun in a leather holster hanging from his side. That is unnerving to say the least and especially so in a supposed civilized and ethically sound society.

1. a 9mm is a "ladies gun" it's not monstrous at all. your hyperbole makes me think you couldn't identify a .22 vs a .45 without visual aides. so we aren't really off to a good start here. seems you prejudged this guy based on his looks alone, then were afraid of the guy minding his own business while he shopped while exercising his RKBA.

Then there was the time I went to the county court house to see about paying my home tax and had to walk through a mass of human beings dressed in body armor such as flack jackets, military helmets, bullet belts draped across their chests, wearing military issue shirts and fatigues, combat boots and sporting AR 15 and M-16 assault weapons slung across their backs and nine millimeter’s or revolver’s holstered on their side’s but the most frightening thing was they were better outfitted than the local police on the scene who by the way did nothing to stop these people from attempting to block the way and who were intimidating many law abiding citizens around them.
    Where was this? your stories seem suspect and no, you didn't see m16's which are NFA restricted weapons.

What’s more frightening is they are hiding behind the second amendment and the word “Militia” when in fact many are anti government, pro prejudicial terrorist hate groups and organizations that are sanctioned by the police and the United States government when same law enforcement bodies refuse to reign in such criminals and terrorists.
    prejuding again, what do you base this claim on.

The second amendment does not and has never condoned the acts of groups I have afore mentioned as a matter of fact the second amendment does not grant the right to bare an assault style weapon or any weapon for that matter on your person unless you are actively a member of an authorized body of the united States military and/or law enforcement sanctioned by either the state you live in or the United States federal government. The words “well regulated Militia” implies a professionally military trained and ready to defend State and/or federal military body and not a rag tag bunch of thugs pretending to be defenders when in fact they are nothing more than people aggressively forcing their will on others by means of fear and intimidation. This is illegal and needs to be squashed by the powers that be. We do not live in a war torn nation where assault weapons are necessary to protect your family and property. That is just ridiculous.
    this is patently false.

10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

prev | next
    The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

Secondly where it states “right of the people to keep and bear Arms” is referring to a freedom granted the United States of America to form its own military and arm same against the onslaught of foreign attackers and not a license for all human beings in America to have and hold and carry a weapon. The founding fathers assumed we would be smart enough in the future to realize their intent but they were evidently very wrong because this America has taken that amendment and bastardized it to fit their own agendas.
    wrong again, the USC recognizes rights and restricts government, it does not grant rights. The second amendment reads in common today's vernacular. In order for the US to have a militia that is ready and capable, the right of all the people to keep and bear arms common to the military is absolute.

see we never were to have a standing army, but we were to have a capable population proficient in the use of arms so that the militia could be mustered in defense of the nation.

[quote[The second amendment needs to be clarified as to its exact meaning and to have language consistent with a peaceful and law abiding society. The way in which this amendment is used is disgraceful and dangerous. A free nation of peaceful people should never be confronted with assault weapons on their streets wielded by terrorists.[/quote]

I did that for you above.

The second amendment is not a license to kill or a license to carry any weapon anywhere one pleases it is in fact a license for the nations military and law enforcement to carry weapons as needed to preserve peace and order. Citizens with such weapons are nothing more than a hazard and a danger to a free society and so therefore the second amendment should be amended to reflect our present progressive and civilized society and not a society of three hundred years ago when it really was the wild west.
    so "the people" in the 2nd refer to the government?

In conclusion, law enforcement and our military are the only ones who truly should have access to weapons of mass destruction and even they need to be better trained in the use of same.

Why?

I do note that you concern yourself here with less than 5% of the gun problem, why not instead focus on the 95% of the gun problem, handguns in possession by those with criminal records?

But then again if we just voted on it in the general election then all would be said and done but of course that would leave no room for corruption from our trusted political shysters in the senate and house of reps. They wouldn’t be allowed their self serving grafts and earmarks.

Just an opinion.

Its not a well cooked one I must say.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reverendHellh0und For This Useful Post:

FNguy (01-04-2021),JustPassinThru (01-04-2021),Oceander (01-04-2021)

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    I will take the concession.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to reverendHellh0und For This Useful Post:

Oceander (01-05-2021)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    Just as Decriminalization of Drugs will not work
    Why wouldn't it "work" and what is the goal that defines "working"?

While you're at it, cite the Constitutional authority granting Congress the power to regulate drugs.

Once you've made that up, explain why, with whatever it is you've made up, the Congress had to wait until the ratification of the Eighteenth Amendment before passing the Volkstead Act.

Good luck with that.

Let's see, decriminalizing "drugs" would mean the government has less power to violate your rights, less ability to frame the innocent, smaller police budgets, smaller court dockets, smaller prison populations, less funding for prisons, no economic incentive for gangs to push the crap on children, no incentive for gangs to shoot each other over drug territories....

...what's the downside of decriminalizing drugs...more losers dying because they're stupid and weak? Their parents did a crappy job and that's not our problem.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

She-Spy to Matt Helm, in small aircraft, after Helm shoots RINO lesbian:

"You SHOT her!"

"We can't keep a live RINO on board!"

Now we know what to do, Matt Helm leads the way.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-07-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Attachment 55178The Second Amendment states: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” The meaning of this sentence is not self-evident, and has given rise to much debate but few Supreme Court decisions.

The following is not a tricky or difficult proposition in the least. It is in fact logical and intelligent.

Men and women nation wide are packing guns on their sides and slung over their shoulders the size of baby howitzers for the entire world to see frightening men and women and children wherever they go. Point in fact. One day while grocery shopping I stooped down to get something from a bottom shelf and while doing so someone stepped up next to me and as I stood up I gazed to my side as human beings do to see who they are standing next to and there was a scruffy dude in beat up old trousers, shirt covered in grime and some old floppy hat made of straw but what was most outstanding about this person was the monstrous nine millimeter handgun in a leather holster hanging from his side. That is unnerving to say the least and especially so in a supposed civilized and ethically sound society.

Then there was the time I went to the county court house to see about paying my home tax and had to walk through a mass of human beings dressed in body armor such as flack jackets, military helmets, bullet belts draped across their chests, wearing military issue shirts and fatigues, combat boots and sporting AR 15 and M-16 assault weapons slung across their backs and nine millimeter’s or revolver’s holstered on their side’s but the most frightening thing was they were better outfitted than the local police on the scene who by the way did nothing to stop these people from attempting to block the way and who were intimidating many law abiding citizens around them.

What’s more frightening is they are hiding behind the second amendment and the word “Militia” when in fact many are anti government, pro prejudicial terrorist hate groups and organizations that are sanctioned by the police and the United States government when same law enforcement bodies refuse to reign in such criminals and terrorists.

The second amendment does not and has never condoned the acts of groups I have afore mentioned as a matter of fact the second amendment does not grant the right to bare an assault style weapon or any weapon for that matter on your person unless you are actively a member of an authorized body of the united States military and/or law enforcement sanctioned by either the state you live in or the United States federal government. The words “well regulated Militia” implies a professionally military trained and ready to defend State and/or federal military body and not a rag tag bunch of thugs pretending to be defenders when in fact they are nothing more than people aggressively forcing their will on others by means of fear and intimidation. This is illegal and needs to be squashed by the powers that be. We do not live in a war torn nation where assault weapons are necessary to protect your family and property. That is just ridiculous.

Secondly where it states “right of the people to keep and bear Arms” is referring to a freedom granted the United States of America to form its own military and arm same against the onslaught of foreign attackers and not a license for all human beings in America to have and hold and carry a weapon. The founding fathers assumed we would be smart enough in the future to realize their intent but they were evidently very wrong because this America has taken that amendment and bastardized it to fit their own agendas.

The second amendment needs to be clarified as to its exact meaning and to have language consistent with a peaceful and law abiding society. The way in which this amendment is used is disgraceful and dangerous. A free nation of peaceful people should never be confronted with assault weapons on their streets wielded by terrorists.

The second amendment is not a license to kill or a license to carry any weapon anywhere one pleases it is in fact a license for the nations military and law enforcement to carry weapons as needed to preserve peace and order. Citizens with such weapons are nothing more than a hazard and a danger to a free society and so therefore the second amendment should be amended to reflect our present progressive and civilized society and not a society of three hundred years ago when it really was the wild west.

In conclusion, law enforcement and our military are the only ones who truly should have access to weapons of mass destruction and even they need to be better trained in the use of same.

But then again if we just voted on it in the general election then all would be said and done but of course that would leave no room for corruption from our trusted political shysters in the senate and house of reps. They wouldn’t be allowed their self serving grafts and earmarks.

Just an opinion.
    Total commie bullshit.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (06-09-2021)

Hail to the Thief V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    The Second is and has always been up for discussion. It has not ever been completely decided by the SCOTUS and the founding fathers did not explain and clarify. The entire Second is up for debate. By the way thanks for the welcome back.
    No, dummy. The 2A has been attacked numerous times by your fellow dummies. Leaving it up to the SCOTUS to reiterate to you and your fellow dummies that the 2A indeed means exactly what it says. Not your dumbass idea of what it says.

Savvy, dummy?
    You are the carbon they want to reduce

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

FNguy (07-16-2021),NRAforlife (07-16-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    No, dummy. The 2A has been attacked numerous times by your fellow dummies. Leaving it up to the SCOTUS to reiterate to you and your fellow dummies that the 2A indeed means exactly what it says. Not your dumbass idea of what it says.
    Savvy, dummy?
    Remember this line “It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.” Bill Clinton.
    If you can't beat them... You're NOT hitting hard enough.

"Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No land for the lazy wolf. No battle's won in bed' - A Viking saying (Edda of Saemund the Wise)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NRAforlife For This Useful Post:

El Guapo (07-16-2021)

Thread Information