User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 162

Thread: Evidence for The Creator: Life

  1. #141
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    tiny1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    rural NC
    Posts
    4,453
    Thanks
    952
    Thanked: 6,103
    Rep Power
    21474845
    SharetheHedge

    I'm going with "7th Day Adventist" or "Oneness Penecostal" or "Biblical Unitarian" in that order - based on your clues

    Unless those weren't really clues and you're just being even more secretive?

    In which case I'm going with "stray/loner/renegade" Christian?
    Wrong, wrong and .......wrong.
    I am not being secretive. I refuse to share my sacred beliefs with someone with zero chance of accepting me for who and what I am. You see, because I don't believe in proselytizing, I can say without remorse, I couldn't care less if you ever believe, or even if you ever understand. I believe what I believe because of my life experience. What you think of what I believe will change nothing, except my disposition. Since it would be fruitless, I refuse to place it out there so you can ridicule me and those like me. You won't agree, so what is the point. But, at least I got you to turn your attention to me, and caused you to leave my brethren alone for a minute. Since I do not care if you live eternally or not, I can take your abuse, without much pain.
    Have a nice day.

    (If I'm wrong on any of those, you have to admit they're pretty good guesses? )
    Fair, or at least rational. Wrong, but rational. Let's just say, I am a Christian and leave it at that.

  2. #142
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    11,645
    Thanks
    3,077
    Thanked: 11,971
    Rep Power
    18016376
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    First off, I never accused you of any Satanic anything. And for the record, I am not offended, cause that would mean I assigned value to what you say. Nah, just annoyed. But, just like the horse's ass that keeps harping on Fat people, constantly harping on matters of Belief gets old. In Fact, it gets laboriously old, quick.
    None of you atheists will ever accept what we believe. We'll never let you shame us into betraying our beliefs. We get it. You think we believe in Fairy Tales, or Magic or some shit. Your beliefs are NOT my effing business and frankly Scarlett..... I don't come to science threads or opinion threads and trash your beliefs. And our beliefs are sacred to us. SO, when you try bullying Christians into betraying our God, it gets personal. Pardon me for taking personally what you attack that is personal.
    Beating your dead horse won't change us, or you, it just fans flames that divide us, further. But, continue on because we cannot make you stop. That said, I hope your ego gets its necessary boost from your persecution.

    I think you're confused? My post was about USFAN starting trouble by taking yet another stab at atheists (or any "...ist" that doesn't agree with him). If no atheist will ever accept what you believe why do Christians keep starting threads trying to "enlighten" them while at the same time demeaning them?

    As I pointed out to one such poster (I don't remember who) it's the CHRISTANS that initiate the majority of these type threads. I didn't say it was YOU that made the "Satanic lie" quip. In fact, your whole response to me is misguided. It wasn't an atheist that started the thread, it was a Christian accusing non-Christians of being deceived and deluded - which is pretty much the norm around here.
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 04-08-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)


    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance"
    (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

  3. #143
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    11,645
    Thanks
    3,077
    Thanked: 11,971
    Rep Power
    18016376
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    Wrong, wrong and .......wrong.
    I am not being secretive. I refuse to share my sacred beliefs with someone with zero chance of accepting me for who and what I am. You see, because I don't believe in proselytizing, I can say without remorse, I couldn't care less if you ever believe, or even if you ever understand. I believe what I believe because of my life experience. What you think of what I believe will change nothing, except my disposition. Since it would be fruitless, I refuse to place it out there so you can ridicule me and those like me. You won't agree, so what is the point. But, at least I got you to turn your attention to me, and caused you to leave my brethren alone for a minute. Since I do not care if you live eternally or not, I can take your abuse, without much pain.
    Have a nice day.

    Fair, or at least rational. Wrong, but rational. Let's just say, I am a Christian and leave it at that.

    I accept EVERYONE for who and what they are - and I don't ridicule anyone unless someone else starts it. Your brethren knows full well that their antagonistic threads will get a reaction, they DEPEND on it. So don't pretend that anyone is a victim here, it's just a harmless internet discussion forum, light years removed from REAL persecution.
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 04-08-2021 at 03:03 PM.
    "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)


    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance"
    (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

  4. #144
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    tiny1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    rural NC
    Posts
    4,453
    Thanks
    952
    Thanked: 6,103
    Rep Power
    21474845
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    I accept EVERYONE for who and what they are - and I don't ridicule anyone unless someone else starts it. If your brethren knows full well that their antagonistic threads will get a reaction, they DEPEND on it. So don't pretend that anyone is a victim, it's just a internet forum.
    Nice cop out. Sorry, but I don't buy it.
    I am not talking specifics. I am simply responding to posts you posted at me. I refuse to play the game. SO, you try to demean me in the eyes of those reading these stupid threads to get me to play. My non answers, as you call them, are simply posts that explain why I won't answer. SO, you belittle me for not answering.
    And no, Christians do not start all these stupid threads. If we post ANYTHING resembling a faith based comment, here comes the Godless, ready to do battle of the "evidence".
    We are on two different pages here. We KNOW our beliefs are based on Faith. It is what we are instructed to do. You KNOW the evidence you seek isn't available, but you continue to seek our admission that we don't have earthly physical proof of God's Existence. It isn't enough for you folks. This discussion, and the ones that precede and follow are fruitless. My only participation is to show others that no matter how we discuss, we'll be labelled as "childish" or "ignorant" or believers in magic.
    Now, if I misinterpret your intentions, my apologies. Victims? LOL! It is prophesied that people like you will ridicule us over what we believe. Thanks for fulfilling our scriptures for us.

  5. #145
    Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    34,611
    Thanks
    14,910
    Thanked: 37,354
    Rep Power
    21474878
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    I accept EVERYONE for who and what they are - and I don't ridicule anyone unless someone else starts it. Your brethren knows full well that their antagonistic threads will get a reaction, they DEPEND on it. So don't pretend that anyone is a victim here, it's just a harmless internet discussion forum, light years removed from REAL persecution.
    Hm. Maybe "harmless" for you, cause you're smart and you know a lot and you've lived a while.

    Imagine your 14 year old daughter getting up here and reading that all naturalists are atheists and can't be trusted.

    I know teenagers, I have two and used to be one. They're not exactly what you'd call "well defined". And they don't take that stuff to their parents, they take it to SCHOOL. Where it spreads like a virus.

    No one is being persecuted, unless you consider propaganda a form of persecution.

    Man, y'know, if you have an agenda and you want to advertise, you should pay us for the privilege. Pay Trinnity, pay the forum owners, pay SOMEONE (even me, lol).

    I mean, even nailing circulars to the church door costs money. Paper costs money. Nails cost money. Bandwidth costs money. Gnome sain'?

    The forum can live without the trolling. The mods are being very generous keeping this forum open under free speech, and I think it's a good idea not to abuse that privilege by trolling all the time.

    The OP's thesis is simply unsupportable. In a word it's a load of hooey, and the mere idea of trying to pass it off as science is ridiculous on its face.

    But an impressionable young man or woman might not know that. Which is precisely how the social rot spreads. Pretty soon you'll have a bunch of young people who are too scared to engage in science because they think it'll make them atheist progressives.

    I'm real sorry, but that kinda stuff is stupid AND DANGEROUS.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

    SharetheHedge (04-08-2021)

  7. #146
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    11,645
    Thanks
    3,077
    Thanked: 11,971
    Rep Power
    18016376
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    Nice cop out. Sorry, but I don't buy it.
    I am not talking specifics. I am simply responding to posts you posted at me. I refuse to play the game. SO, you try to demean me in the eyes of those reading these stupid threads to get me to play. My non answers, as you call them, are simply posts that explain why I won't answer. SO, you belittle me for not answering.
    And no, Christians do not start all these stupid threads. If we post ANYTHING resembling a faith based comment, here comes the Godless, ready to do battle of the "evidence".
    We are on two different pages here. We KNOW our beliefs are based on Faith. It is what we are instructed to do. You KNOW the evidence you seek isn't available, but you continue to seek our admission that we don't have earthly physical proof of God's Existence. It isn't enough for you folks. This discussion, and the ones that precede and follow are fruitless. My only participation is to show others that no matter how we discuss, we'll be labelled as "childish" or "ignorant" or believers in magic.
    Now, if I misinterpret your intentions, my apologies. Victims? LOL! It is prophesied that people like you will ridicule us over what we believe. Thanks for fulfilling our scriptures for us.

    Again, Tiny, I think you have it backwards, or at least it works "both ways"? Here is a quote from the OP...

    "Yet atheistic abiogenesis is taught.. no, INDOCTRINATED, into gullible youth from infancy. It is DECLARED, with no evidence at all, that life began spontaneously, in some distant primordial ooze, and we 'evolved!' to what we are today. This fantastic religious belief has no basis in fact or scientific methodology, yet it is mandated as a belief. It is the Official State Religion.

    But it is a satanic lie. It is a deception, to divide man from his Creator, and distract him from his accountability. There is no evidence that abiogenesis is possible, and thousands of experiments that say it isn't."

    Here the poster calls atheists "indoctrinated and gullible" and accuses THEM of having no scientific evidence for their belief (or rather, their lack of belief). This is the OP mind you, which begins the festivities apparently aching for a scrap. If FAN is right that there is no evidence for abiogenesis, isn't he doing to non-believers in God what you claim the Godless are doing to you here - demanding EVIDENCE? Believers here constantly complain about being attacked by atheists but it's the BELIEVER'S that seem to initiate the bulk of the combative threads.

    As for the prophesy that Christians will be ridiculed for their belief - that's not much of a "prophecy", is it? The adherents of ANY religion that is based on FAITH, not "sight" (2Cor.5:7) are probably going to be ridiculed at some point - whether the belief is false OR true. Thing is, MOST religions are false, even if yours is true, which you would have to concede, right? So those who make fun of faith-based religions are no doubt correct more than they are mistaken, if only ONE is true?

    This is all just human nature and the psychological behaviour of group mentality - not hard to predict and certainly not "prophetic".
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 04-08-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)


    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance"
    (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

  8. #147
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    11,645
    Thanks
    3,077
    Thanked: 11,971
    Rep Power
    18016376
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Hm. Maybe "harmless" for you, cause you're smart and you know a lot and you've lived a while.

    Imagine your 14 year old daughter getting up here and reading that all naturalists are atheists and can't be trusted.

    I know teenagers, I have two and used to be one. They're not exactly what you'd call "well defined". And they don't take that stuff to their parents, they take it to SCHOOL. Where it spreads like a virus.

    No one is being persecuted, unless you consider propaganda a form of persecution.

    Man, y'know, if you have an agenda and you want to advertise, you should pay us for the privilege. Pay Trinnity, pay the forum owners, pay SOMEONE (even me, lol).

    I mean, even nailing circulars to the church door costs money. Paper costs money. Nails cost money. Bandwidth costs money. Gnome sain'?

    The forum can live without the trolling. The mods are being very generous keeping this forum open under free speech, and I think it's a good idea not to abuse that privilege by trolling all the time.

    The OP's thesis is simply unsupportable. In a word it's a load of hooey, and the mere idea of trying to pass it off as science is ridiculous on its face.

    But an impressionable young man or woman might not know that. Which is precisely how the social rot spreads. Pretty soon you'll have a bunch of young people who are too scared to engage in science because they think it'll make them atheist progressives.

    I'm real sorry, but that kinda stuff is stupid AND DANGEROUS.

    I'm similtaneousy accused of being both too mean AND too easy. I can't win

    (just kidding, I appreciate your response )
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 04-08-2021 at 07:09 PM.
    "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)


    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance"
    (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

  9. #148
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,018
    Thanks
    15,795
    Thanked: 10,065
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    No, your purpose is to ANTAGONIZE those who you know don't agree with you. You are clearly LOOKING for a fight - then you play the MARTYR when you get one.
    There's a pattern there...
    You misjudge and falsely accuse me. But i understand why.

    You seem to be triggered by 'satanic lies!', so i have written a detailed explanation, just for you, about that topic. It is in the humanities subforum.

    You were the one who challenged me to respond with a more appropriate attitude.. not a careless, flippant air, as though lies and truth were the same, and neither matter, anyway.

    The closing window for open expression also ..motivates.. me to call out warnings with more urgency and seriousness.

    Antagonism is NOT a motivation for me, nor has it ever been. I have returned fire, in the past, with snarky posters, and to you as well. I picked up the ad hom grenades, pulled the pins, and threw them back.

    But my love of levity and silliness must take a back seat for the seriousness of this world, and the times i find mysel in. So i heeded your advice, and take the duty seriously, of throwing out life buoys to drowning men, even if they don't know it.
    "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." ~Jesus

    No Creator? No America.

  10. #149
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,018
    Thanks
    15,795
    Thanked: 10,065
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Remember this exchange? It was in the 'hysterical hostility' thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    ..
    Now if you don't spend much time on the "JUDGEMENT" portion of the gospel message, I guess that's your own preference (?), but MANY do, and those who are familiar with the message at all KNOW about the intended "ramifications" of what is believed there.
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    ..
    3. IF.. there is a Creator/God, AND IF.. there is a judgment for violating the internal standards of morality that are embedded in humans, THEN.. warnings for those judgement are appropriate. You are right. I have not spent much time warning of this judgement, but have concentrated on the physical and circumstantial evidence FOR the Creator. I have preferred dispassionate reason, and have become indifferent to the urgent plight of those lost in the deception of this world.

    I will take your criticism to heart, and reevaluate my postings, here. Perhaps more emotional appeals, and warnings of the dangers ahead, would be more appropriate that dry scientific and rational appeals to minds that are closed to their Maker.
    "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." ~Jesus

    No Creator? No America.

  11. #150
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    11,645
    Thanks
    3,077
    Thanked: 11,971
    Rep Power
    18016376
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    You misjudge and falsely accuse me. But i understand why.

    You seem to be triggered by 'satanic lies!', so i have written a detailed explanation, just for you, about that topic. It is in the humanities subforum.

    You were the one who challenged me to respond with a more appropriate attitude.. not a careless, flippant air, as though lies and truth were the same, and neither matter, anyway.

    The closing window for open expression also ..motivates.. me to call out warnings with more urgency and seriousness.

    Antagonism is NOT a motivation for me, nor has it ever been. I have returned fire, in the past, with snarky posters, and to you as well. I picked up the ad hom grenades, pulled the pins, and threw them back.

    But my love of levity and silliness must take a back seat for the seriousness of this world, and the times i find mysel in. So i heeded your advice, and take the duty seriously, of throwing out life buoys to drowning men, even if they don't know it.
    Oh, the condescension

    Let me reword that statement, as it appears to critical thinkers...

    "So I heeded your advice, and take the duty seriously, of throwing out life buoys to drowning men, EVEN IF I CAN'T PROVE THEY ARE DROWNING."
    "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)


    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance"
    (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •