User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Intelligent Life Is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY To Be Out There

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    We have just heard the Chinese have built a computer that is so fast it would take the super computers we have 2 billion years to calculate what it calculated is few minutes.
    I bet Wal-Mart sells it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NuYawka For This Useful Post:

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NuYawka View Post
    I bet Wal-Mart sells it.
    You can build one at home. All it takes is 2400 precisely aligned lasers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

NuYawka (12-06-2020)

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NuYawka View Post
    I bet Wal-Mart sells it.
    Our Walmart is called ASDA....but Walmart has sold the chain now I believe?
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

NuYawka (12-06-2020)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    How precisely are we talking about?
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

NuYawka (12-06-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Rubbish! In the 1920s Rocket research started, it is 100 years, not even a snap of the fingers relatively speaking, look how far we have come, man made object sent flying out of our solar system.
    We have just heard the Chinese have built a computer that is so fast it would take the super computers we have 2 billion years to calculate what it calculated is few minutes.
    Given our giant leaps in technology it wouldn’t be much of a gamble to place a bet we invent some system to propel space craft at speeds approaching light speed.
    See post 15, and note that once we went to the moon, then VGER, then some rovers to Mars, we ran out of rocket advances. It is called Physics. Without a human written algorithm based on Physics, that supercomputer is like a Lamborghini being used as a room heater.

I had hoped that you might be interesting.
    Who made Who!?

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Physics Hunter;2640453]See post 15, and note that once we went to the moon, then VGER, then some rovers to Mars, we ran out of rocket advances. It is called Physics. Without a human written algorithm based on Physics, that supercomputer is like a Lamborghini being used as a room heater.

What you saw was a lack of funds to NASA the interest in going to space was lost, America had beaten the USSR in the space race.
    What we have now is a renewal of interest, more funding, private enterprise, because as you know there is a lot of money in space for countries like the U.K. to build satellites and space equipment.

Elon Musk is a prime example, he has ensured his company will be the prime mover in technology that invents and operates sub light speed rocketry spacecraft.

Who would of believed we now have rockets that can go up into space and land on a boat in the ocean in the vertical, it’s like something out of a comic I read as a boy.
    Last edited by Neo; 12-06-2020 at 04:03 AM.
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    The history of space exploration is following exactly the same pattern as exploration has throughtout tiemand across the world.

All such explorations int onew lands starts with a trickle of intrepid individuals. eventually a large public org gets involved and throws soem money at it creates a colony, harvests some resources., Then its all fogotten and no one goes back for a hundred years. The business gets intersted and the explotation of the new resource sbegins, with bigger better colonies and bigger better expeditiosn and supply lines.

This is roughly the pattern that has happened time and time agian.

The first post o nthis thread is of the type ive torn apart several times on here. If a bunch pf distinguished men declare soming impossoble, they almost certaily will be proved wrong withi na few years. Ive given dozens of examples in the past. The idea we arethe only form of life in a universe of at least 400 trillion trillion planets i na time scale of 13 nillion years is utterly absurd. The universe is teeming with life, but its also very very large and existed a long long time. Mammalian species generally only live 1-10 million years, which is the blink of an eye. To bump into another intelligent species you have to exist in the same million year time slot and within communicable distance in a universe 30 billion parsecs across. Life is plentiful, its just a lot rarer to bump into it. I suspect we have only been contacted so far by no more than 4 other alien species (cos we all know they have recovered UFOs and dead aliens in Area 51, as do the russians and chinese. Even the Nazis recovered a crashed UFO in the Black Forest in 1935.).

Thanks
    How precisely are we talking about?
    lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    See, this is exactly the reason I'm not into physics. I thought it would take 2338 haphazardly-aligned lasers.

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Neo;2640483]
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    See post 15, and note that once we went to the moon, then VGER, then some rovers to Mars, we ran out of rocket advances. It is called Physics. Without a human written algorithm based on Physics, that supercomputer is like a Lamborghini being used as a room heater.
    What you saw was a lack of funds to NASA the interest in going to space was lost, America had beaten the USSR in the space race.
    What we have now is a renewal of interest, more funding, private enterprise, because as you know there is a lot of money in space for countries like the U.K. to build satellites and space equipment.

Not that impressive, cross a rocket with a segue, micro RLGs. Didn't have those when I was a kid.
    Last edited by Physics Hunter; 12-06-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    Who made Who!?

Thread Information