Thread: Intelligent Life Is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY To Be Out There

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    We have split the atom, built a machine that has caught the God particle, we have the technology to enable us to visit other worlds, surely we are the masters of the universe?
    We are specs of fly shit in the universe.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2020),NuYawka (12-03-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    We have split the atom, built a machine that has caught the God particle, we have the technology to enable us to visit other worlds, surely we are the masters of the universe?

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Probably only 100 years and we will be doing this.

Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2020)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Our brain size makes us completely different from other forms of life on this planet, Neanderthals had bigger brains, with that a bigger head size, it is argued that human men had Neanderthal women bare children, human women could not birth Neanderthal babies because of the much larger head size of the babies, thats one of the theory why our nearest human cousin isn’t around to share nuclear missiles with.
    Dolphins are not that far away from us on the brain weight to body mass scale, but I agree that Man is unique.

But as to the big cranium birth thing, yes, human women are, on average, barely capable of birthing the largest human babies and the cranium is the biggest problem.
    Of course this is presaged in Genesis 3:16, because Man ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil,
    To the woman He said,
    “I will greatly multiply
    Your pain in childbirth,
    In pain you will bring forth children...

And that there were giants in the land that interbred with humans (Gen 7), I was not surprised when Science "discovered" this.
    And don't start me, I read the Bible first, but I read the science too. Memorizing shit is easy, Physics shit is hard.

This knowledge is ancient.
    Who made Who!?

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Probably only 100 years and we will be doing this.

Describe the deep space propulsion system that could take us to Alpha Centauri in less than 20 years (speed of about .25C)...

I won't wait.
    Who made Who!?

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Opinions are like assholes. If I had a nickel for every time someone said something was impossible, I'd be filthy rich.

These fucking birdbrains simply don't get it. Life is a fundamental physical property of the universe. It will ALWAYS evolve, any place there's matter and light. (And maybe even some places there isn't).

Calculating the "probability of life evolving" is like phrenology. Yeah, let's measure the distance between your lobes.

The fucking rotten assholes can't even define what LIFE is, and they have the overwhelming arrogance to claim they can measure it - nay, not even measure, but PREDICT!

I have only one comment:

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (12-04-2020),BooBoo (12-04-2020)

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Humans and chimps diverged from a common ancestor perhaps about 7 million years ago, and their hands now look very different. We have a relatively long thumb and shorter fingers, which allows us to touch our thumbs to any point along our fingers and thus easily grasp objects. Chimps, on the other hand, have much longer fingers and shorter thumbs, perfect for swinging in trees but much less handy for precision grasping. For decades the dominant view among researchers was that the common ancestor of chimps and humans had chimplike hands, and that the human hand changed in response to the pressures of natural selection to make us better toolmakers.
    But recently some researchers have begun to challenge the idea that the human hand fundamentally changed its proportions after the evolutionary split with chimps. The earliest humanmade stone tools are thought to date back 3.3 million years, but new evidence has emerged that some of the earliest members of the human line—such as the 4.4-million-year-old Ardipithecus ramidus (“Ardi”)—had hands that resembled those of modern humans rather than chimps, even though it did not make tools. And back in 2010, a team led by paleoanthropologist Sergio Almécija, now at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., began arguing that even earlier human relatives, dating to 6 million years ago—very soon after the human-chimp evolutionary split—already had humanlike hands as well. This even included the ability to press the thumb against the fingers with considerable force, a key aspect of precision gripping.

The furs that early humans wore were stitched together, thumb and finger coordination meant we survived in colder weather.
    Making stone tools, Knapping flints, all these technological achievements enabled us to build and keep building until we split the atom.
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    There IS Intelligent Live Out There and the Bums are Smart Enough to Stay Away from Earth and it's Primitive Races...!!!

Could bee he's a Demo...?!?

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    Humans supposedly evolved from 3ft chimps in 1myrs...

Hell, we should be the pets, game, or slaves of aliens before we become a threat.

I won't hold my breath.
    I wonder why chimps aren't still turning into people?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (12-04-2020)

Thread Information