Thread: Takes kid on crime spree:dont want him to be soft

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks

Takes kid on crime spree:dont want him to be soft

-

A32F853E-3DFC-444A-A8DF-5F9D0937EBB0.jpeg

Dont want him to be soft: Florida man accused of taking child with him on crime spree

A Florida man accused of several burglaries told deputies he brought an 8-year-old child with him for some of the alleged crimes because he was trying to toughen him up, authorities said.

Ernest McKnight III, 36, of Lake Wales, was arrested Thursday and charged with burglary of an occupied dwelling, burglary of an unoccupied dwelling, burglary of an unoccupied conveyance, grand theft motor vehicle, tampering with evidence, petit theft and three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, according to a news release from the Polk County Sheriffs Office. He is also facing traffic charges and a negligent child abuse charge from Lake Wales police, according to WFLA-TV.

According to the Polk County Sheriffs Office, McKnight allegedly stole an empty red Hyundai that was parked in Lake Wales on Nov. 7. The car was idling and its owner was outside of the car surveying for construction, the television station reported.

On Thursday at about 7 a.m., McKnight allegedly rummaged through an SUV when a man left the vehicle to walk his dog at a park, then left the scene, the sheriffs office said.

Several hours later, a Lake Wales homeowner said they saw McKnight steal a package from their front porch. When the homeowner told him to return the package, McKnight allegedly yelled, Its mine now, and left the scene, the sheriffs office said.

After Lake Wales police were unsuccessful in pulling McKnight over, the sheriffs office used an aviation unit to find him near a Lake Wales home, WFLA reported.

According to the sheriffs office, McKnight had an 8-year-old boy with him when he allegedly committed some of his crimes. Deputies who asked McKnight why he took the child with him said the man responded by saying, I was trying to toughen him up I dont want him to be soft.

Folks, if you would like to read that last part again, go ahead, the sheriffs office wrote on its Facebook page. Well wait as your brain cells calm down.

Taking a child out with you while you committing felonies is not the proper way to create a positive influence, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said in a statement, adding that the child was reunited with his family. Im quite confident that there is not a child psychologist out there who would agree with this guys idea of proper activity for a child.

Source; WFTV
    Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. Senator Barry Goldwater, 1964 (1909-1998)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-25-2020),Lone Gunman (11-21-2020),TacoTuesday (11-28-2020)

Proud Boomer/V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    They really are a never-ending source of amusement. "It's mine now!"
    Unwavering support of my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (11-21-2020),BooBoo (11-25-2020),Lone Gunman (11-21-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks
    This is what I call scatacephallic logic.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrontTowardEnemy For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (11-25-2020),Brat (11-25-2020)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    He's lying. He took the kid as cover. He figured the police were more likely to stop a lone male prowling than a men with his son. Since he wasn't in NYC where no one gets stopped he might be right.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-25-2020),Brat (11-25-2020)

Out and About...! V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    More like Using the Child as a "Shield" so Police wouldn't SHOOT...!!!
    "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! Were going to live on! Were going to survive! This Day, Nov 03, 2020, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Who built the cages Joe ?!?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BooBoo For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (11-25-2020),Brat (11-25-2020)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
    More like Using the Child as a "Shield" so Police wouldn't SHOOT...!!!
    I arrested a person on the way to a school to get his step-children to use as "hostages". He had been convicted of forgery, was a child molester, and the idiot judge released him after his conviction with a date to return for his sentencing. I also dealt with a man who used his dog for "cover". "I'm just walking my dog, Officer."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-25-2020)

Thread Information