User Tag List

Thread: England v Ireland Try of the match

Green eyed monster V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks

England v Ireland Try of the match

JONNY MAY scored a wonder-try to become Englandís joint second-highest scorer.
    And, quite simply, it was the greatest try no one ever saw live.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13261...ning-solo-try/
    RIP Wes.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Split between Wakefield,England and Alicante,Spain,England and Alicante,Spain
    Thanks
    Oh dear,Neo! You get excited about one of 2 or 3 occasions during a game of push and shove(sorry.rugby union) during a sleep inducing game when there is a discernable movement.You should have watched the 2 rugby league semi finals and seen fast skilfull and tough athletes at work!The final is next week.Don't miss it!
    For our American cousins who may(or not)be interested there are 2 different codes of rugby.Rugby union has 15 players on the pitch and was born in the public school in the town of Rugby.Rugby league uses 13 players and was born in 1895 with roots in the heavy industrial areas of northern England.It has always been a professional game whereas union had always claimed to be amateur but wasn't.The split saw different rules and styles of play develop.Opinions differ but I prefer the much faster game of league,the majority follow union which I find pedestrian and tedious.
    Nowadays there is more cooperation and little animosity between the codes but historically there has been deep resentment.The worst time was during WW2 when the French Rugby Union with the Vichy government of the time betrayed rugby leaguers and their assets to the nazis.A very interesting and shocking book was written about this period.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Wheeler For This Useful Post:

Dubler9 (11-22-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wheeler View Post
    Oh dear,Neo! You get excited about one of 2 or 3 occasions during a game of push and shove(sorry.rugby union) during a sleep inducing game when there is a discernable movement.You should have watched the 2 rugby league semi finals and seen fast skilfull and tough athletes at work!The final is next week.Don't miss it!
    For our American cousins who may(or not)be interested there are 2 different codes of rugby.Rugby union has 15 players on the pitch and was born in the public school in the town of Rugby.Rugby league uses 13 players and was born in 1895 with roots in the heavy industrial areas of northern England.It has always been a professional game whereas union had always claimed to be amateur but wasn't.The split saw different rules and styles of play develop.Opinions differ but I prefer the much faster game of league,the majority follow union which I find pedestrian and tedious.
    Nowadays there is more cooperation and little animosity between the codes but historically there has been deep resentment.The worst time was during WW2 when the French Rugby Union with the Vichy government of the time betrayed rugby leaguers and their assets to the nazis.A very interesting and shocking book was written about this period.
    Yes yes, very interesting, but! In rugby union we have pockets in our shorts, because as every gentleman knows, he must always have a handkerchief.

I am a West Country man, in the city not far from my pile of bricks we have a top Union Rugby team.
    RIP Wes.

Thanks
    Oh very la di da! Handkerchief indeed. What's wrong with a sleeve?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Wheeler For This Useful Post:

Neo (11-22-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wheeler View Post
    Oh very la di da! Handkerchief indeed. What's wrong with a sleeve?
    Sleeves are used by northern men bereft of common manners, grunting, coal mining louts, farm labourers, that sort of oik.

No, a true Englishman gent has pockets for carrying his snot rag old chap!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/adult-...0/_/R-p-119646
    Last edited by Neo; 11-22-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    RIP Wes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Big Wheeler (11-23-2020)

Thanks
    Neo.Did you watch last night's RL Play Off final between Wigan and St.Helens.What an exciting game.My finger nails are chewed down to my elbows.Winning score after the final hooter.Missed penalty in the last minute plus a drop goal attempt rebounding off the post.
    There are some games of push and shove rugby,I believe,this weekend.Unfortunately I don't have the time as I'm shaving my legs!

Thread Information