User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Migrant caught hunting with a rifle in park B

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    What? C'mon. A target shooter needs ear protection not a hunter as a hunter only fires a few times a day. Besides most airguns aren't all that loud.

BooBoo has a Co2 Pistol that has a Louder Report than a .22 Cal Rifle...!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BooBoo For This Useful Post:

Dr. Felix Birdbiter (11-12-2020)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post

My spring "air riffle" is only loud when you fire it with no projectile in it. Either way I don't know any hunters who use supressors and my impression would be that some methods of silencing would not lend themselves to accuracy at a distance.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-12-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    My spring "air riffle" is only loud when you fire it with no projectile in it. Either way I don't know any hunters who use supressors and my impression would be that some methods of silencing would not lend themselves to accuracy at a distance.
    Dry firing a "springer" air rifle will damage your piston seal and shorten the life span of your air rifle if done too often. Most commonly suppressors are utilized on PCP air rifles. They are less common (though not unheard of) on springers due to the fact that the mechanical action of the piston releasing cannot be muffled with a suppressor. That noise has to be mitigated by down tuning your rifle.
    Last edited by Bastion; 11-12-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    Hold the line President Trump! We’ve got your back, 70 million strong. #SAYWHEN

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    What he was sentenced for was shooting wildlife in a park, a designated safe haven for wildlife and humans, he knew it was illegal, he just did it because nobody said anything to him by the public until a park warden spotted him.
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Bastion (11-12-2020),BooBoo (11-12-2020),Old Ridge Runner (11-12-2020)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastion View Post
    I get a lot more shooting in than most folks just because I can do it daily. While ballistically Airguns in general don’t compare with that of firearms; stance, breathing, and follow through are quite consistent. Shooting like anything else is a perishable skill. So rather than not shoot at all due to ammo shortage, or the inability to get to the range, or “neighbors”; a quality air rifle is an excellent way to stay in good form, despite the differences.
    As for hunting I typically eat what I kill. And keep in mind modern quality Airguns aren’t the Daisy Red Ryders of years past. I took a nuisance coyote at 35 yards with my Hatsan 135 .30 cal. Dropped in its tracks, and didn’t even quiver. Point being a quality air rifle is more accurate, and powerful than many realize.

When it comes to the giraffe story, if its the same one I’m thinking of; there’s more to the story that the media didn’t cover. That giraffe was earmarked for culling by the wildlife management. It was very aggressive, and the dominant male of the herd. It was old too. It was killing the younger males, for breeding rights with the females, thinning the gene pool through incest. Not a healthy thing for the overall herd. As such it was earmarked for culling, and the management areas sell hunting privileges to cull these animals to foreigners at a premium price, with the proceeds going to their wildlife preservation efforts. And the meat is given to local tribes. It was a win for every party involved except that old giraffe buck.
    Another example maybe of if the "news" were doing their jobs the way they're supposed to maybe a fuller picture would emerge, I', somewhere in between on the issue because of issues like that, or even the feral hog problem thats gonna be an issue one day when they start killing people on picnics, it'll be hog season then.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-12-2020),Old Ridge Runner (11-12-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
    Note he said "most" airguns. Most does not mean all and in the case of those that are louder then yes you do.

Hunters have been lobbying in the US for years to legalize silencers on their guns.
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Thanks
    See the people come from 3rd world and soviet bloc countries, and behave like its 1850.

Back in England, wher im from, thers is a large Swan population. Swans are protected birds, and in fact all swans in UK are the property of the Queen. the only bird to have such status. If any bird canclaim to be the Uk national Bird, its the Swan.

For a several years, ther was uproar because Poles, campign rough, were killing and eating swans.

This is not only an insult to us, its also tragic because swans mate for life, and if a swans mate dies, it doesnt find another mate.

Similarly, you need a licence to fish in the UK. every square inch of water within the 12 mile limit of the land is owned by someone. And we had Poles going down river banks with petrol generators and electrocuting fish en masse.

One of them came unstuck, a body was found floating in the River Witham near Boston, Lincolnshire a few years ago. It transpired he was electrofishing. He climbed along an overhanging tree branch to drop the electrode in the river, and the branch broke, and he plummetted into the water still holding the live electrode....serves the bastard right....
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 11-12-2020 at 06:10 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-12-2020),Neo (11-12-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Donny FL suppressors are top of the line, and have a proven track record of not detracting from accuracy. As for the "need"..? Thats for the individual to determine for themselves; but... If you are hunting multiple targets, such as rabbits, and squirrels. The report of a fair powered air rifle is more than enough to scare off the rest of them. It takes more than one to fill the pot. Additionally a suppressor allows the suburbanites, or those with neighbors near by to shoot, plink, and practice without disturbing their neighbors.
    Hold the line President Trump! We’ve got your back, 70 million strong. #SAYWHEN

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Also makes Blind Hunting easier...!!!

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastion View Post
    Dry firing a "springer" air rifle will damage your piston seal and shorten the life span of your air rifle if done too often. Most commonly suppressors are utilized on PCP air rifles. They are less common (though not unheard of) on springers due to the fact that the mechanical action of the piston releasing cannot be muffled with a suppressor. That noise has to be mitigated by down tuning your rifle.
    Are you talking about those indoor parks where the boys shoot each other? Air soft ??

Thanks I only did it twice, before I got the right ammo.
    Last edited by donttread; 11-12-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Thread Information