Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
    Walther MaximaThor

Reg Price: $850.00
    Check Price on Amazon:
    The deer you are about to hunt must certainly fear the MaximaThor. Loaded with a .25 caliber, 1150 FPS and a capacity to fire 8 rounds, this weapon is certainly effective. It comes with an adjustable trigger, 11mm dovetail rail, auto safety and a quick-fill adapter. It is priced like Sam Yang but if you have to choose, this firearm definitely surpasses the other one.

While waling thru Wally World, spied an Air Rifle with even more FPS...!!! They can and Will KILL...!!
    Don’t fall for manufacturers claims of FPS. Often times they use alloy pellets, that virtually no one uses due to accuracy, and ft/lbs deficiencies. Often times their numbers are way overinflated. Additionally at the reduced ft/lbs energy air guns deliver accuracy becomes more important than ever before if your coming directly over from powder burners.
    Hold the line President Trump! We’ve got your back, 70 million strong. #SAYWHEN

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    The big deal was that he was carrying the gun in full view, camo clothes, the lot. Since the Hungerford massacre the British public has a fear of firearms, quite rightly.... again I say quite rightly. An unarmed public would be at the mercy of a lone gunman (as was the case at Hungerford)
    The armed police swoop heavily over here on any reported firearms legal and illegal.
    Air rifle shooting can be done on your own land, or land designated for air rifle sport. I cannot fire my air rifle 25 ft from any road.
    Last edited by Neo; 11-12-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-12-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
    From the OP : "said hunting birds was normal in the Czech Republic."...!!! Ship his Monkey Azz back to where he bee Normal...!!
    Eh, something about this story doesn’t add up. Airguns hunting is somewhat popular, and legal in the UK. Perhaps this guy shot something he shouldn’t have, or didn’t have the proper permitting, or was hunting in a prohibited area. The firearms charge suggests that his rifle was oversprung, and producing more than 14 ft/lbs of energy.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastion View Post
    As for hunting I typically eat what I kill. And keep in mind modern quality Airguns aren’t the Daisy Red Ryders of years past. I took a nuisance coyote at 35 yards with my Hatsan 135 .30 cal. Dropped in its tracks, and didn’t even quiver. Point being a quality air rifle is more accurate, and powerful than many realize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastion View Post
    Don’t fall for manufacturers claims of FPS. Often times they use alloy pellets, that virtually no one uses due to accuracy, and ft/lbs deficiencies. Often times their numbers are way overinflated. Additionally at the reduced ft/lbs energy air guns deliver accuracy becomes more important than ever before if your coming directly over from powder burners.
    Last edited by BooBoo; 11-12-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    A MIGRANT in camouflage gear caught hunting in a park with a rifle told a court it was normal in his home country.
    Pavel Jakes, 52, startled a dog walker who saw him in the undergrowth.

Armed cops seized an air rifle, telescopic sight, silencer and a baton.
    Carpenter Jakes, who lives with his dog, said hunting birds was normal in the Czech Republic.
    Michael Lee, defending at Manchester’s Minshull Street crown court, said: “Hunting was his pastime and in that country it is less regulated.”
    Jakes admitted possessing a firearm and having an offensive weapon.
    He got an eight-month suspended jail term and 180 hours of unpaid work.
    Sentencing Jakes, Judge Tina Landale said: “One can imagine the scene – a man dressed in camouflage clothing and armed with a rifle emerging from the undergrowth in North Manchester in broad daylight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/131744...ormal-country/

Now if I did the same I’d be serving the sentence in the big house along with the other convicts.

I don't know, where I live I shoot critters with an air riffle in my front yard in town if they are somehow bothering my garden or my wife. Presumably there were signs not to hunt? That's where the focus should be although what hunter needs a silencer?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-12-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I don't know, where I live I shoot critters with an air riffle in my front yard in town if they are somehow bothering my garden or my wife. Presumably there were signs not to hunt? That's where the focus should be although what hunter needs a silencer?
    Suppressors are an over the counter item in the UK. And even Air Rifles can benefit from their use.

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Was he a Proud Boy?
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

Thanks
    When my wife was an apartment manager one of the residents was reported shooting birds with an air rifle. I could not believe she went up to this 200 lb guy armed with an air gun and said "Give me that gun or I will have you arrested" When he did (I was hiding behind her!!) she told him that if he wanted the gun back she was giving it to the resident police officer and he could retrieve it there! I couldn't believe she was so calm about it. I made a mental note to NEVER piss off my wife.

Actually "air guns" as opposed to BB guns can be quite lethal. A 22 caliber air rifle has a muzzle velocity of about 900 ft per second with 130 ft pounds of force. A 22 long rifle has a muzzle velocity of 1020, only 120 fps higher. A velocity of 500 fps is enough to pass through a human body.

BIG difference between Ralphies Red Ryder BB rifle and a Gamo Whisper Fusion 22 Cal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-12-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post

Silencers are an important feature to keep the shooter from having hearing loss from the report of the gun. Unlike TV and movie portrayals silencers do not take the sound down to the level of a mild fart but reduce the pressure of the sound to less harmful levels.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (11-12-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Silencers are an important feature to keep the shooter from having hearing loss from the report of the gun. Unlike TV and movie portrayals silencers do not take the sound down to the level of a mild fart but reduce the pressure of the sound to less harmful levels.

What? C'mon. A target shooter needs ear protection not a hunter as a hunter only fires a few times a day. Besides most airguns aren't all that loud.

Thread Information