User Tag List

Thread: NBA's revenue expected to drop 40% for 2020-21 season

Blue State Conservative Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassYour first Group
    Overall activity: 21.0%

Thanks

NBA's revenue expected to drop 40% for 2020-21 season

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/nb...20-2021-season
    Amid crashing NBA viewership now that basketball has become a venue for "in your face" (whether you asked for it or not) political activism, it will not come as a surprise that NBA revenues are also slumping and according to financial numbers shared with teams and obtained by ESPN, NBA's revenues dropped 10% to $8.3 billion for the 2019-20 season.
    But if the 2019-2020 disaster was bad, 2020-2021 is shaping up to be nothing short of horrific: as the NBA and National Basketball Players Association discuss start dates and financial amendments to the collective bargaining agreement, ESPN writes that "the potential for a grim financial landscape without fans in the 2020-21 season looms over the league."

This would have devastating financial consequences for the league and certainly NBA players: if the 2020-21 season advances without fans and accompanying gate-night receipts, the league expects a projected 40% loss in overall revenue, or approximately $4 billion.
    With all of the BLM propaganda, it couldn't have happened to a nicer league. Nevertheless, most Americans still seem to be more interested in watching ridiculously-tall ghetto thugs bounce a ball than whatever is on Biden's son's laptop. And to think some of you here are suggesting Trump will win in a landslide.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TLSG For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (10-29-2020),donttread (10-29-2020),Lone Gunman (10-29-2020),Quark (10-29-2020),WarriorRob (10-29-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Not me.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    I continually hope to witness the collapse of the NBA. A totally racist entity, top to bottom. Where is the racial diversity in the NBA? Guess it only counts when the Nike is on the other foot.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (10-29-2020),Lone Gunman (10-29-2020),WarriorRob (10-29-2020)

Alumni, VIP, Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TLSG View Post

With all of the BLM propaganda, it couldn't have happened to a nicer league. Nevertheless, most Americans still seem to be more interested in watching ridiculously-tall ghetto thugs bounce a ball than whatever is on Biden's son's laptop. And to think some of you here are suggesting Trump will win in a landslide.
    Given California and New York...I don't see a landslide ever for Republican again. Ronnie Raygun was the last one who will ever hit that one out of the park.
    Last edited by Canadianeye; 10-29-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    "I told you the economy was going to tank under Trump". "Yeah you did. Pre Pandemic". "It was going to tank even without the Pandemic". "Uh-huh. Trumps economy was hitting it out of the park Pre Pandemic." <---My cut and paste time saving signature - for all the doom and gloom predictors who will try to rewrite history.

50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassYour first Group

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    Given California and New York...I don't see a landslide ever for Republican again. Ronnie Raygun was the last one who will ever hit that one out of the park.
    The only way Republicans could win in a landslide is if most of the non-white population votes for them along with most whites. Back in '72 and '84, America was still predominately white, so Nixon and Reagan were able to pull off a landslide. But now that the three primary racial groups (whites, blacks and Latinos) are being evened out, with the non-white population increasing and the white population decreasing, the GOP is going to have to figure out a way to appeal to the blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc. without losing their white base who have long trusted them to look after their best interests.
    Last edited by TLSG; 10-29-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Out and About...! V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 94.0%

Thanks
    Dang, Thought this thread was about the NBA which I thought was lower than 40%...!!!
    "‘We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive!’ This Day, Nov 03, 2020, we celebrate our Independence Day!”

Who built the cages Joe ?!?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
    Dang, Thought this thread was about the NBA which I thought was lower than 40%...!!!
    Not much else can be said, really. This is basically what we want, to see the pro sports leagues falter due to their anti-American, phony social justice grandstanding. I actually hope they keep it up, because even when they weren't doing all of this, I still felt these leagues were a net negative for our society and culture. Just more bread and circuses, and making black thugs richer at the expense of the struggling, middle-class white people who allow themselves to worship these false idols.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Good NBA to cowering to BLM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WarriorRob For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (10-29-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TLSG View Post

Does this involve tV revenues? If not they are headed for even bigger heart ache when those contracts are renewed. Or NOT renewed. As you said, they brought this on themselves.

Thread Information