User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CDC Reveals Hospitals Counted Heart Attacks as COVID-19 Deaths

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I worked in hospitals/ Nursing Homes and managed departments there to. I did all of that for many years and worked in three different facilities.
    One thing I can tell you is that if diagnosiing a certain condition or finding a way to make a patient eligible for a fee for service special program or finding a way to tap Medicare and not just Medicaid in the NH pays better there will be pressure from administration to make those square pegs fit.
    Physical rehab got so tied up in this wheel in NYS that the qualification/reimbursement rules had to be changed to keep them honest. Once that happened regions suddenly needed less of these units, almost as if a share of their business could of been handled at a lower level all along.
    So yes as long as COVID incentives exist admin will push to take advanage of them, especially when their very solvency has been wrecked by the state.
    We saw that from the other end when we had a sick family member who had repeated bouts of hospitalization. There is a cut-off point at which the money spigot starts to close, and if one pays attention, one can see it happening in the diagnoses and "recommendations" from the hospital staff.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    The data is avaiable. The press and dem pols lie and nobody has any other POV. The dummies remain clueless. It's like Germany all over a gain. More like Germamny than Russia. Maoist purges...we wait while a page in history turns.

JPT, Quark and anyone else that said this was coming and I poo pooed it, well, you were right. But it may all be over on election night. A huge red wave will stop the Red Scourge.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (11-03-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    The data is avaiable. The press and dem pols lie and nobody has any other POV. The dummies remain clueless. It's like Germany all over a gain. More like Germamny than Russia. Maoist purges...we wait while a page in history turns.

JPT, Quark and anyone else that said this was coming and I poo pooed it, well, you were right. But it may all be over on election night. A huge red wave will stop the Red Scourge.
    If there's a red wave, it will just be a stop-gap measure unless we start the long "fight" to retake the cultural institutions the left has conquered in the last 60 years, including the schools, the media, government, etc. And it won't be easy or sexy, and it won't involve parading around with guns, it will involve everyone getting down into the nitty-gritty, attending boring school board meetings, getting elected to boring positions - like the school board - and being willing to put up with a lot of insults, invective, and attempts to "cancel" our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

Otherwise, the left will figure out how to steal victory in 2024, and that will be the end of it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (11-03-2020),dinosaur (10-29-2020)

Sr ADMIN/Founder IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    If there's a red wave, it will just be a stop-gap measure unless we start the long "fight" to retake the cultural institutions the left has conquered in the last 60 years, including the schools, the media, government, etc. And it won't be easy
    You think Trump doesn't already have plans to do just that"? I'm sure he does. Dead sure.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (11-03-2020),dinosaur (10-29-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    You think Trump doesn't already have plans to do just that"? I'm sure he does. Dead sure.

Trump is not going to be able to do it because it's a matter of rescuing our own culture, our own society, and all of the various organizations within it. It is something that all of us must do, and is not something that just one person, even the president, can do.

The most Trump could try to do was to slow down the take-over of the federal government, but even there, things like the civil service unions will prevent the immediate termination of even the worst of the "woke" crowd who've managed to gain federal employment.

And there isn't much Trump could do anyways with respect to things like state public offices. The U.S. president has no control over state offices.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (10-29-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Makes me wonder about my lab tests. Can't believe anything anymore.

If one plausable DX nets more money than the real one at a time when hospitals are in danger of bankrupcy. ......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (11-03-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    If there's a red wave, it will just be a stop-gap measure unless we start the long "fight" to retake the cultural institutions the left has conquered in the last 60 years, including the schools, the media, government, etc. And it won't be easy or sexy, and it won't involve parading around with guns, it will involve everyone getting down into the nitty-gritty, attending boring school board meetings, getting elected to boring positions - like the school board - and being willing to put up with a lot of insults, invective, and attempts to "cancel" our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

Otherwise, the left will figure out how to steal victory in 2024, and that will be the end of it.

I think a real cultural revolution would look to kick the entrenched Donkephant out of DC , in part by taking the bog money out of campaigning and thereby increasing 3rd party representation and the chances of non-incumbants. Trump is almost a third party guy which is the only reason he was able to take on corporate taxes, loss of manufacturing jobs , start draining the swamp and not start more war. Those are the things all candidates promise but few deliver.
    Sure entreched repubs may be better than entrenched dems but that bar is not nearly high enough.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (10-29-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I think a real cultural revolution would look to kick the entrenched Donkephant out of DC , in part by taking the bog money out of campaigning and thereby increasing 3rd party representation and the chances of non-incumbants. Trump is almost a third party guy which is the only reason he was able to take on corporate taxes, loss of manufacturing jobs , start draining the swamp and not start more war. Those are the things all candidates promise but few deliver.
    Sure entreched repubs may be better than entrenched dems but that bar is not nearly high enough.

That's not where the real fight is going on. It's going on in the schools, from elementary to college, it's going on in the state governments, and its going on in private companies that are either avowedly leftist, like Twatter, or that are being coerced into "diversity" training.

If we do not gain traction in that fight, then who gets elected to Washington D.C. will be irrelevant - the culture war will result in the leftists controlling all elected offices.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (10-29-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    The latest numbers from the CDC reveal hospitals have been counting patients who died from serious preexisting conditions as COVID-19 deaths. One America’s Pearson Sharp has more, as the CDC counts over 51-thousand patients who actually died from heart attacks, as opposed to the coronavirus.
    I'm a conservative Republican but being that this is the Health and Medicine board, I'm going to give my honest opinion from the standpoint of Health.

Why is it okay to report that someone died from COVID when their lungs failed but not okay to report they died from COVID when their heart fails?

Lungs and heart are both organs. Why pick and choose one over the other?

I have known people with cardiovascular disease who lived many years, even decades, with their condition.

Do you know how much longer people with cardiovascular disease would have lived if they had not been hospitalized with COVID?

One year? 5 years? 10 years? More? If the virus caused them to die sooner rather than later, then they should be counted as having died from COVID.
    Last edited by Fall River; 10-29-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    This was from five months ago.

"Today, officials at the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) confirmed that, as the Freedom Foundation reported on Monday, the state is counting in its COVID-19 death total the deaths of persons who tested positive for the virus but died from other causes.

"In remarks made during a telephonic press briefing, DOH officials even acknowledged knowingly including multiple deaths caused by gunshot wounds in the state’s COVID-19 fatality count."
    Washington health officials: Gunshot victims counted as COVID-19 deaths

In one case, which I haven't found, a man shot seven times died of COVID-19 and there are still people who think the pandemic response of reasonable because of the horrible number of deaths and the death rate.

And, they're determined to keep it going. Remember, the lockdown was going to be for a couple of weeks. Now it's what, eight months and counting?

America needs to realize the virus isn't the problem. The problem is politicians and mass hysteria.
    Last edited by patrickt; 10-29-2020 at 12:03 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Big Bird (10-29-2020),dinosaur (10-29-2020),WarriorRob (10-29-2020)

Thread Information