User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 23 Miles!

  1. #1
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

    Northern Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern Rivers AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    25,625
    Thanks
    24,159
    Thanked: 24,139
    Rep Power
    21474867

    23 Miles!

    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

    dinosaur (10-17-2020),Rutabaga (10-17-2020),US Conservative (10-18-2020)

  3. #2
    VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    dinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,329
    Thanks
    12,363
    Thanked: 15,010
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Uh, I would not call that guy an amateur. Amateur is me trying to launch a toad in my Estes rocket. I got maybe 200 feet or so, that toad was heavy.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

    Northern Rivers (10-17-2020),pjohns (10-17-2020),Rutabaga (10-17-2020),US Conservative (10-18-2020)

  5. #3
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    Overall activity: 99.2%

    US Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,893
    Thanks
    12,202
    Thanked: 14,564
    Rep Power
    21474845
    Love it. I won some science contests back in the day for my custom model rockets.

    Wish I knew how to make custom solid fueled engines.

    My 3 stage made it to 3000 feet, measure with the official estes height indicator.

    Also had the one that took 35 mm film snapshots.

    Depending on the booster to ejection delay you could take pictures looking over the horizon or straight down.

    Also launched a few eggs, some made it some did not.

    In 7th grade, my science teacher asked me to do a demo for the class so we went out on the blacktop and I launched a few, including the tiny mosquito and some cool standard estes rockets.

    Last flight, I launched a fat boy with a long ass delay so it was aiming down as the ejection charge hit.

    That rocket contained like 3 packs of bang snaps.

    They literally pelted the whole class.

    I thought it was hilarious. Most of the kids thought it was just some sort of firework.


    By middle school I had made a rocket launcher (PVC tube) complete with ignition source and a cross hair open sight.
    Last edited by US Conservative; 10-18-2020 at 03:48 AM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to US Conservative For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (10-18-2020),dinosaur (10-18-2020),Hillofbeans (10-18-2020)

  7. #4
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

    Big Dummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,037
    Thanks
    56,183
    Thanked: 36,330
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Love it. I won some science contests back in the day for my custom model rockets.

    Wish I knew how to make custom solid fueled engines.

    My 3 stage made it to 3000 feet, measure with the official estes height indicator.

    Also had the one that took 35 mm film snapshots.

    Depending on the booster to ejection delay you could take pictures looking over the horizon or straight down.

    Also launched a few eggs, some made it some did not.

    In 7th grade, my science teacher asked me to do a demo for the class so we went out on the blacktop and I launched a few, including the tiny mosquito and some cool standard estes rockets.

    Last flight, I launched a fat boy with a long ass delay so it was aiming down as the ejection charge hit.

    That rocket contained like 3 packs of bang snaps.

    They literally pelted the whole class.

    I thought it was hilarious. Most of the kids thought it was just some sort of firework.


    By middle school I had made a rocket launcher (PVC tube) complete with ignition source and a cross hair open sight.
    Glad you are on my team.

    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Cesare Beccaria

  8. #5
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.5%

    Big Dummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,037
    Thanks
    56,183
    Thanked: 36,330
    Rep Power
    21474865
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Uh, I would not call that guy an amateur. Amateur is me trying to launch a toad in my Estes rocket. I got maybe 200 feet or so, that toad was heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Love it. I won some science contests back in the day for my custom model rockets.

    Wish I knew how to make custom solid fueled engines.

    My 3 stage made it to 3000 feet, measure with the official estes height indicator.

    Also had the one that took 35 mm film snapshots.

    Depending on the booster to ejection delay you could take pictures looking over the horizon or straight down.

    Also launched a few eggs, some made it some did not.

    In 7th grade, my science teacher asked me to do a demo for the class so we went out on the blacktop and I launched a few, including the tiny mosquito and some cool standard estes rockets.

    Last flight, I launched a fat boy with a long ass delay so it was aiming down as the ejection charge hit.

    That rocket contained like 3 packs of bang snaps.

    They literally pelted the whole class.

    I thought it was hilarious. Most of the kids thought it was just some sort of firework.


    By middle school I had made a rocket launcher (PVC tube) complete with ignition source and a cross hair open sight.

    You are big kids now. Step up to this big boy project.

    Latest Flight Testing! Rocketman

    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Cesare Beccaria

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

    dinosaur (10-18-2020)

  10. #6
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    Overall activity: 99.2%

    US Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,893
    Thanks
    12,202
    Thanked: 14,564
    Rep Power
    21474845
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    You are big kids now. Step up to this big boy project.

    Latest Flight Testing! Rocketman
    Seems right.


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to US Conservative For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (10-18-2020)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •