User Tag List

Thread: Australian cyclist who was not wearing mask accused of "not excercising"

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks

Australian cyclist who was not wearing mask accused of "not excercising"

Another example of the insane enforcement of Victoria's coronavirus lockdown rules.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-melbourne-cyclist-grilled-after-being-accused-of-not-exercising/news-story/f75c3a12ff01c99c520d8c939f5cf67e

So apparently the rules say now that you don't have to wear a mask outside if you are exercising.

So this cyclist is out there, not wearing a mask, when he is stopped by an officer who accuses him of not riding his bicycle for the purpose of "exercising" and there is an argument for some time.

It seems the officer wants to give him a ticket.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-16-2020),Conservative Libertarian (10-16-2020),Northern Rivers (10-16-2020),Rutabaga (10-16-2020),ruthless terrier (10-16-2020),St James (10-16-2020),teeceetx (10-16-2020)

running down a dream V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    people are crazy and times are strange.
    I'm locked in tight and I'm out of range.
    I used to care but things have changed.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruthless terrier For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-17-2020),jirqoadai (10-16-2020),JMWinPR (10-16-2020),Oceander (10-16-2020),Rutabaga (10-16-2020),St James (10-16-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    and no citizen can go more than 5 kilometres from home!

wtf!?

"The nose, knows"
    #walkaway

"Drag them out and string them up!!!"
    @me...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (10-16-2020)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post

wtf!?

It's OZ, babbbby. It's OZ
    Everything is on its way to somewhere
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

8. The Following User Says Thank You to St James For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (10-17-2020)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    I drove my daughter to CT from CA and then spent a week in NY.

When the Rest Home Killer Governor of NY was demanding quarantines from everyone out of state.

Good thing I didn't fly in and have to commit perjury on that intrusive form NY was insisting all passengers fill out.

I just rented a car in CT (drove in my daughter's car) and went to Syracuse.
    Freedom Takes "I Won't". - Eric Frank Russell

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

1 out of 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2

= 1/4,194,304
    = "Heads, Always Heads, Heads Every Time"
    = "Rodents Cheating"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Dog For This Useful Post:

St James (10-20-2020)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazenatsu View Post
    Another example of the insane enforcement of Victoria's coronavirus lockdown rules.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-melbourne-cyclist-grilled-after-being-accused-of-not-exercising/news-story/f75c3a12ff01c99c520d8c939f5cf67e

So apparently the rules say now that you don't have to wear a mask outside if you are exercising.

So this cyclist is out there, not wearing a mask, when he is stopped by an officer who accuses him of not riding his bicycle for the purpose of "exercising" and there is an argument for some time.

It seems the officer wants to give him a ticket.
    You guys are stuck with California...we're stuck with Victoria.

It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

St James (10-20-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Thanks

wtf!?

Sort of. That's around defined hot spots in Vic. That's where Melbourne...and, great shiraz...is.

Up my way. I'm in an area called (what else) Northern Rivers. It's not a political or municipal area...it's just what Aussies call the place. It's the very "top" NE of New South Wales...coastal...gorgeous...Heritage Listed.

The Queensland (capital, Brisbane) border is split by The Tweed River...so...it was easy for the QLD government to put a quarantine line at the border. They established what they call "a bubble". Anyone in QLD can go in and out of JUST the top, Northernmost five shires (counties, to you). You need to download a pass...and...display it on your windshield going into QLD. Coming back...nothing. QLD has whooped the pandemic and, the top of NSW (capital, Sydney) is...basically...also a part of QLD for all practical purposes. Passes are good for a week before you need to get a new one. If you try to screw them...and lie on your pass application...you'll get quarantined ($$$$$) and have to pay a large fine ($$$$$$$$$$$$). They ain't foolin', either. Nobody gets off.....

FYI
    Last edited by Northern Rivers; 10-16-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (10-17-2020),Rutabaga (10-17-2020),St James (10-20-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Sort of. That's around defined hot spots in Vic. That's where Melbourne...and, great shiraz...is.

Up my way. I'm in an area called (what else) Northern Rivers. It's not a political or municipal area...it's just what Aussies call the place. It's the very "top" NE of New South Wales...coastal...gorgeous...Heritage Listed.

The Queensland (capital, Brisbane) border is split by The Tweed River...so...it was easy for the QLD government to put a quarantine line at the border. They established what they call "a bubble". Anyone in QLD can go in and out of JUST the top, Northernmost five shires (counties, to you). You need to download a pass...and...display it on your windshield going into QLD. Coming back...nothing. QLD has whooped the pandemic and, the top of NSW (capital, Sydney) is...basically...also a part of QLD for all practical purposes. Passes are good for a week before you need to get a new one. If you try to screw them...and lie on your pass application...you'll get quarantined ($$$$$) and have to pay a large fine ($$$$$$$$$$$$). They ain't foolin', either. Nobody gets off.....

FYI

do you know who the female that stopped him represents?

her shirt says staff, not police, but shes got a pistol...
    "The nose, knows"
    #walkaway

"Drag them out and string them up!!!"
    @me...

Thanks
    do you know who the female that stopped him represents?

her shirt says staff, not police, but shes got a pistol...
    Nope. Don't know what that means. She could be licensed security hired on to harass the idiots. I don't rightly know.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Thanks
    Aussie cyclist that was robbed of a gold medal, speaks.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Cesare Beccaria

Thread Information