User Tag List

Thread: fuk prince harry

Threaded View

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I have the movie "King Ralph" which is a comedy/drama of an American who supposedly is the last man standing in the royal family which has accidentally been killed off. Old Ralph thinks being a royal is all fun and games but quickly learns that being royal is a royal pain in the arse. While the movie is fiction it does a good job teaching what it's really like living in the royal fish bowl. Meghan should have watched that movie and learned what it's like living in a royal fish bowl.

We Americans think being a royal is all fun and games but it's not especially with a constitutional monarchy. Although if my take on English history is right being a royal when the monarchy was absolute rule wasn't any fun either. Monarchs have the least amount of freedom and liberty of anyone in the kingdom or in this case the queendom.
    Spot on. Being Royal is all about being discreet about how rich you are. Never demeaning or looking down on the little people. Being kind, being interested in ordinary people. Doing charity work, never making any comment or opinion about anything controversial, especially politics.

Yes these people lave a life of luxury, but they live in a glass prison with strict rules. And it takes training to be able to do it. I wouldn't be a royal.

The erudite Australian Clive James made a similar observation about fame, in that many people who seek fame find out to their horror later on that you cant escape it once you have it. It becomes a prison from which you cant escape.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

2cent (10-05-2020),Quark (10-05-2020)

Thread Information