User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Theism And Atheism Are Not Freely Chosen by Most

  1. #31
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 55.0%

    Quark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    31,296
    Thanks
    64,580
    Thanked: 29,000
    Rep Power
    21474873
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'm sorry then.
    What's to be sorry about? As I've said countless times if faith in an imaginary friend give you comfort and harms none go for it. I don't have a dog in the fight.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

    Fall River (09-16-2020),patrickt (09-16-2020)

  3. #32
    VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 28.0%

    S-N-A-F-U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    5,610
    Thanks
    2,571
    Thanked: 9,362
    Rep Power
    21474846
    <@Fall River>


    Yes, Anything is possible in a debased culture wrought by man!

    Well then, Doesn’t God control all things?

    The Bible does teach that God is Almighty, that his power is not limited by anyone other than himself. (Job 37:23; Isaiah 40:26) However, he does not use his power to control everything. For example, the Bible says that God was “exercising self-control” toward ancient Babylon, an enemy of his people. (Isaiah 42:14) Similarly, for now, he chooses to tolerate those who misuse their free will to harm others. But God will not do so indefinitely.—Psalm 37:10, 11.

    "Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord.., If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword; For the mouth of the Lord has spoken" (Isaiah 1:13-20). God gives us choices and then expects us to use our reason in deciding which choice to make. We need to present the choices to our children so that they too can choose between the alternatives. Hopefully they will see that choosing to be obedient to God is in their own best interest.


    <@Jen>
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 09-16-2020 at 05:33 AM.

  4. #33
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13,503
    Thanks
    15,158
    Thanked: 9,593
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    What's to be sorry about? As I've said countless times if faith in an imaginary friend give you comfort and harms none go for it. I don't have a dog in the fight.
    Obviously, you do.

    Why is it that many of the atheists here feel compelled to take cheap shots at Christians, constantly? The topic is influences for a worldview, or belief system, and specifically, family influence, not, 'let's ridicule Christians!!'

    Instead of esteeming Christianity as a positive influence, as the basis for western civilization, human equality, due process, self rule, freedom, and the American Experiment, progressive indoctrinees pretend Christianity is evil, and something to mock.

    I didn't carry on how stupid athests are, for not being able to comprehend or grasp the most Obvious Truth in the entire universe. Why do you feel compelled to ridicule Christians for their 'imaginary friend!' ?

    I really tire of the lame, 'atheists vs Christians!' flame war, that some are constantly fanning. Is that really necessary, at this time, when the foundations of America are on the brink of collapse?

    Unless you are going full bore progressive, with all the anti-christian bigotry that comes with it, why promote the divide? Nobody begrudges you your beliefs. Nobody is mocking your beliefs. Why be a lame useful idiot by promoting the anti-christian progressive narrative?
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

    They may let terrorists kill us, but they will not let Patriots free us.

  5. #34
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13,503
    Thanks
    15,158
    Thanked: 9,593
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    I agree with "multiple factors" that's why I said there are always exceptions. But I don't think my premise was far fetched when you look back at the history of our country. The first people who came were in search of religious freedom. And that fact seemed to reverberate through all the following years. To this day we are basically a nation of believers. That was not by chance. When religion has a strong foothold, it tends to keep propagating itself from one generation to the next. Those who slip through the cracks are the exceptions.

    Looking at our nation as a whole may provide a more accurate picture rather than just looking at the results of this thread.
    Looking at this nation as a whole, the influence of State Mandated Religious Indoctrination is impossible to ignore. In previous eras, 'religious instruction', was left to the family, the church, and the community standards. Biblical concepts were taught in school. Prayer and acknowledgment of the Creator as the Source was the societal norm. Universities were private, and most were pro Christian, or were sympathetic to biblical values.

    Now, atheistic naturalism is the Official State Religion, and it is EXCLUSIVELY taught, with no mention of another possibility. The results of this thread bear witness to the power of state Indoctrination, in overcoming the influences of family.

    I believe that True Faith MUST originate with God. Nobody comes to Him unless they are drawn. So family, school, or community influenced beliefs are inadequate to produce saving faith. They can only produce man made religion.. as they have done for millennia, and are still doing, now.

    The influential power of State mandated religious Indoctrination is obviously a much more critical factor, in shaping our worldviews. Hordes of deluded bobbleheads pour out of our State Indoctrination centers every year, nodding to the tenets of Progressivism, and shrieking in religious bigotry at Christianity. ..even those raised with Christian family influences cannot escape the power of state religious propaganda.

    So, yes, family is and used to be a more influential part of shaping one's worldview. But state mandated propaganda is more influential, now, since it takes it upon itself to 'correct' the beliefs in the family structure.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

    They may let terrorists kill us, but they will not let Patriots free us.

  6. #35
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13,503
    Thanks
    15,158
    Thanked: 9,593
    Rep Power
    21474857
    What are some of the influences that shape one's worldview? Nobody comes from a vacuum, but all of us are products of the factors that combine to mold our beliefs.

    1. Family.
    2. Peers.
    3. Education/Indoctrination.
    4. Personal discovery.

    I see these as somewhat chronological, with each one affirming or conflicting with the previous elements. I have personal discovery last, as experiential Truths seem to carry the most weight.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

    They may let terrorists kill us, but they will not let Patriots free us.

  7. #36
    Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

    patrickt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Posts
    32,318
    Thanks
    4,377
    Thanked: 21,420
    Rep Power
    21474876
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    It simply amazes me that Atheists are so preoccupied with proving there is no God. Kinda like spending hours and days to convince kids that there is no Santa Claus. I feel there is a fear in them, that someone is holding them accountable, and they are desperate to prove He doesn't exist to give them Peace of Mind that they won't have to answer for what they have done.
    Either that, or they are so egotistical that they spend their valuable time proving that they are not wrong. As foreign to me as I can imagine.
    Either way, it is the height of stupidity to spend that much time arguing about someone you don't feel exists.
    And, why can't you summon the maturity to ALLOW people to believe what they will? Why must you try to dictate your beliefs to others, who quite frankly, don't give John Brown's Hind Parts, what you believe?
    Well, some say, and I cannot disagree, that Atheism is YOUR religion as much as Christianity is Ours. You have the NEED to proselytize. Trying to grow your unbeliever's church? You believe it as deeply as we believe in God, and therefore, like Holy Rollers, you must spread the Gospel of non belief.
    This is as stupid as a Tank, with a Screen Door.
    So, you believe in Santa Claus. That's fine with me.

  8. #37
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13,503
    Thanks
    15,158
    Thanked: 9,593
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    So, you believe in Santa Claus. That's fine with me.
    You believe in your own version of 'Santa Claus.' What makes your beliefs 'wise and True!', while others are deserving of ridicule? Isn't that just religious bigotry? How is that an American value?

    It is not. Religious bigotry is a progressive value, and is the antithesis of America.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

    They may let terrorists kill us, but they will not let Patriots free us.

  9. #38
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks
    2,200
    Thanked: 929
    Rep Power
    1797230
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Some good questions.

    President Trump is germophobic and bought into the fear early on which is why we had the shutdown/lockdown. We have never ever done that before and we have had some serious pandemics that were even more deadlier to all peoples than the COVID.

    More and more solid evidence has shown that the lockdowns and face dippers and even social distancing is not helping and may in fact be doing even more damage than good. However, the fear mongers (primarily the Marxists) have pandered to peoples innate fear and now the population has turn the pandemic into a religion that will last a generation if not longer and is sowing the seeds for a Marxist take over in November and a Marxist nation.

    So yes Trump because of his germophobia has, without knowing it, become a COVIDdian , a member in good stand with the new religion.

    BTW: I did not come up with the term COVIDdian, Dave Morrison of Blue Collar Logic did.
    Someone should write a book on pandemics to put them in perspective because I don't I know enough to form an iron-clad conclusion and I don't think I will find the information online. Of course authors of books can be trashed too, just as Dr. fauci was trashed. This would be a good topic for another thread.
    Last edited by Fall River; 09-16-2020 at 09:37 AM.

  10. #39
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks
    2,200
    Thanked: 929
    Rep Power
    1797230
    Quote Originally Posted by tlmjl View Post
    As the saying goes....you are a product of your environment.
    Yes, I agree, and our parents are a big part of our environment in our formative years.
    Last edited by Fall River; 09-16-2020 at 09:43 AM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fall River For This Useful Post:

    Quark (09-16-2020)

  12. #40
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks
    2,200
    Thanked: 929
    Rep Power
    1797230
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    It simply amazes me that Atheists are so preoccupied with proving there is no God. Kinda like spending hours and days to convince kids that there is no Santa Claus. I feel there is a fear in them, that someone is holding them accountable, and they are desperate to prove He doesn't exist to give them Peace of Mind that they won't have to answer for what they have done.
    Everything you have just said is a matter of perspective, the perspective of a believer. You wouldn't have said the same thing of a recent post by usfan on "How to Find God." No, you didn't say anything because it fit your agenda. That thread suggested that being an atheist or theist is a choice. In other words, if you don't believe there's a God it's because you haven't been seeking him with all your essence. The exact statement was, "Seek Him, with all your essence." For me it wasn't a choice and that's why I started this thread.
    Either that, or they are so egotistical that they spend their valuable time proving that they are not wrong. As foreign to me as I can imagine.
    And would you say the same about the thread on "How To Find God"?
    Either way, it is the height of stupidity to spend that much time arguing about someone you don't feel exists.
    But I assume you would say it's smart to spend a lot of time telling people How To Find God.
    And, why can't you summon the maturity to ALLOW people to believe what they will? Why must you try to dictate your beliefs to others, who quite frankly, don't give John Brown's Hind Parts, what you believe?
    And how about the thread that tells people "How to Find God" Does that represent maturity? Why not ALLOW people to believe or not believe? Why must we be told "How To Find God"?
    Well, some say, and I cannot disagree, that Atheism is YOUR religion as much as Christianity is Ours. You have the NEED to proselytize. Trying to grow your unbeliever's church? You believe it as deeply as we believe in God, and therefore, like Holy Rollers, you must spread the Gospel of non belief.
    Well, obviously, atheism is not a religion but you must think religion is a bad thing if you are accusing us of it. And the thread on "How To Find God" is that not proselytizing?
    his is as stupid as a Tank, with a Screen Door.
    Would you say the same about "How To Find God"?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •