Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther PPQ SC

Super Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    I carry this now, just throw it in my front pocket with a pocket holster NO ONE ever sees it

Its Double Action +p but only 5 rds, its good for walking the dog and short runs around town but I want something with more capacity
    I did have to put hogue grips to make it fit my hand
    Content | Smith & Wesson
    Last edited by Common; 09-15-2020 at 04:53 AM.
    ALL LIVES MATTER My Life, your life, our childrens lives, all childrens lives. Making it only SOME lives matter, divides us and fosters hatred and violence

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

DonGlock26 (09-15-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    I considered both the VP9 and PPQ M2 but in the end went with the PPQ.
    Did so much reading and watching videos my head was spinning.
    Boiled down to the feel and sight acquisition of the PPQ. I was able to shoot better and the trigger is awesome.
    Since I'm in a blue state we can't CCW so I was looking for a nightstand handgun.
    Can't say anything bad about either gun so go out and shoot both to see which you prefer...well the price of the VP9 is a bit of a negative to some.
    Last edited by Victory101; 09-15-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Super Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Ok I really got into both the Walther PPQ sub compact and the HK VP9 SK after reading reviews and watching video reviews and testing. Ive firmly decided to go with the Hk VP9sk....for a few reasons.

I have big hands the HK has a longer grip with flat mags and with the ext mags

Im left handed, out of the box the HK is full ambi, the PPQ comes in the box with a slide release that you have to install to make it ambi and it doesnt have full ambi mag release <bothsides> you have to switch it to make it ambi then its not right handed.

The PPQ is a little more than an ounce lighter than the HK and thats because it has plastic inserts in the slide...that was a game changer for me, I do not want plastic in the slide...that also creates a problem with interchanging walther mags, they will fit but you have to change the spring in the mags because of the lighter slide on the PPQ

Lastly this isnt really a deal breaker but the PPQ has to be trigger pulled to field strip, the HK does not.

They are both good guns but for me the clear choice is the HK VP9 SK...now finding one is a whole other story there are none around....ill wait
    ALL LIVES MATTER My Life, your life, our childrens lives, all childrens lives. Making it only SOME lives matter, divides us and fosters hatred and violence

Thread Information