User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dershowitz on Tucker's Show

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Same.

Frankly his actions have impacted my life quite a bit more.

That said the Epstein stuff is getting crazier and crazier.
    Quite. What Dershowitz has done w/his life is his business. What Fauci has done, however, is mine/ours ...literally.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

patrickt (08-01-2020),US Conservative (08-01-2020)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Years ago, when I was a police officer, I was accused of having had a sexual relationship with an underage girl. I was at work and was called to the chief's office. When I walked in a woman from Child Welfare who I had known for years and with whom I had a good working relationship was glaring at me.

The chief proceeded to say that a young girl, a client of the case worker, had complained that I'd been having sex with her. The case worker quickly corrected the chief and said the girl hadn't complained, we were having an affair, and the girl thought I would get a divorce and marry her.

Of course, I said I had no idea what she was talking about.
    "She gave me dates and times and places she met you to have sex."
    "Well, I'm glad to hear that."

I got up and left and returned with my daytimer. "Compare your dates and times and places with my record of appointments."
    "Of course, you wouldn't write in your daytimer that you were meeting a child for sex."

The chief interrupted and said, "Pat's right. If his daytimer puts him at other places with witnesses at any of the dates and times and places you've given then the accusation is false."

The chief also said he would have other avenues of investigation pursued.

It ended with zero evidence of the alleged affair being true. Some of the dates and times were when I was in other cities attending meetings and clerks in some of the places, low-class motels, identified my picture and laughed when asked if I'd ever rented a room in their motel.

I was cleared, the girl admitted it wasn't true, and the welfare worker never apologized. She told people I'd "covered it up".

I can't imagine what it would be like in today's atmosphere. Brett Kavanaugh can. Justice Thomas can. Obviously, Dershowitz knows and is frightened. He doesn't have a reputation of being a lech but he is viewed as a traitor by the leftists.
    Last edited by patrickt; 08-01-2020 at 11:19 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

2cent (08-01-2020),Jen (08-01-2020),Madison (08-01-2020),Oceander (08-01-2020),US Conservative (08-01-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Years ago, when I was a police officer, I was accused of having had a sexual relationship with an underage girl. I was at work and was called to the chief's office. When I walked in a woman from Child Welfare who I had known for years and had a good working relationship was glaring at me.

The chief proceeded to say that a young girl, a client of the case worker, had complained that I'd been having sex with her. The case worker quickly corrected the chief and said the girl hadn't complained, we were having an affair, and the girl thought I would get a divorce and marry her.

I got up and left and returned with my daytimer. "Compare your dates and times and places with my record of appointments."
    "Of course, you wouldn't write in your daytimer that you were meeting a child for sex."

The chief interrupted and said, "Pat's right. If his daytimer puts him at other places with witnesses at any of the dates and times and places you've given then the accusation is false."

It ended with zero evidence of the alleged affair being true. Some of the dates and times were when I was in other cities attending meetings and clerks in some of the places, low-class motels, identified my picture and laughed when asked if I'd ever rented a room in their motel.

I was cleared, the girl admitted it wasn't true, and the welfare worker never apologized. She told people I'd "covered it up".

I can't imagine what it would be like in today's atmosphere. Brett Kavanaugh can. Justice Thomas can. Obviously, Dershowitz knows and is frightened. He doesn't have a reputation of being a lech but he is viewed as a traitor by the leftists.
    Daytimers can sometimes be the only thing standing between one and complete catastrophe.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

Jen (08-01-2020)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    Daytimers can sometimes be the only thing standing between one and complete catastrophe.
    In civil law, records kept routinely as part of a business are assumed to be true and accurate absent evidence to the contrary. Later, when the District Attorney decided to frame me my Daytimer again saved me. I strongly advise people keep a detailed daytimer.

Of course, I never dreamed I'd need to keep them for 35 years or more. A few years after retiring I got rid of them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Madison (08-01-2020),Oceander (08-01-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First Class31 days registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.9%

Thanks
    In civil law, records kept routinely as part of a business are assumed to be true and accurate absent evidence to the contrary. Later, when the District Attorney decided to frame me my Daytimer again saved me. I strongly advise people keep a detailed daytimer.

Of course, I never dreamed I'd need to keep them for 35 years or more. A few years after retiring I got rid of them.

Hmmm, yes and no. The main thing is that records maintained in the ordinary course of a business are generally treated as admissible evidence under an exception to the hearsay rule, and can therefore generally be used as evidence for the truth of their contents. A fact-finder is not, however, generally bound to treat the contents as true if, for whatever reason, they doubt the credibility of the person who made the records.

That being said, business records are invaluable and, absent some specific reason to think they were falsified when created, most business records tend to be given a lot of weight.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Years ago, when I was a police officer, I was accused of having had a sexual relationship with an underage girl. I was at work and was called to the chief's office. When I walked in a woman from Child Welfare who I had known for years and with whom I had a good working relationship was glaring at me.

That was my point. Thanks, @patrick. My gut feeling is that Dershowitz is innocent but he knows exactly what the Left is capable of doing to a person. And he, Dershowitz, has been solidly for truth these days, so he has opposed the Left on many occasions. He is targeted by the Left if it will help them to target him. I could tell in that interview that he was scared and I don't blame him.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Madison (08-01-2020),Oceander (08-01-2020)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillofbeans View Post
    Did anybody think he would go on Tucker's show and tell the truth?
    I don't trust any Democrat to tell the truth. But I'd be willing to give Dershowitz a pass on his lies if it would help nail the Clintons and others who are pedophiles and went to that island for their perverted games.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Madison (08-01-2020)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Richardson gave away our secrets to China under the Clinton administration. And if he is sweating bullets now.......good.

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks

Glad to hear you lived in a time of 'innocent, until proven guilty', plus a boss who obviously knew your character well enough to highly question the accusations.

I feel for Dershowitz 'cuz he's up against a mob - from both sides, it appears - with very few willing to have his back.
    It must be hard for a guy to know how to react to such an accusation in this climate. Come out vociferously, and you'll be viewed as 'protesting too much.' Laugh it off, and it's, 'He's not taking this seriously enough.' Sadly, 'calm, cool, and collectedly', as you handled it, doesn't seem to work any longer, either.

What a no-win situation.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I don't trust any Democrat to tell the truth. But I'd be willing to give Dershowitz a pass on his lies if it would help nail the Clintons and others who are pedophiles and went to that island for their perverted games.
    I think Dershowitz is usually on the side of the Constitution and I support that even if I don't like it. Too many "conservatives" are happy to abandon the Constitution when it suits their politics just like liberals.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Jen (08-01-2020)

Thread Information