User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm really surprised there hasnt been a call to make George floyd a saint.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Yes, but to be declared a saint you have to perform an Accredited Miracle as defined by the Vatican, like healing someone or turning wine to water. Dying because a cop leaned on your neck falls far short of the criteria....

Really? Are Catholics the only ones who have saints?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Really? Are Catholics the only ones who have saints?
    Saints are unique to the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Oriental Orthodox, and Lutheran. The process of making
    someone a saint is called Canonisation in Catholicism and Glorification in the others, the process of canonization goes like this:

1. A local bishop investigates the candidate's life and writings for evidence of heroic virtue. The information uncovered by the bishop is sent to the Vatican.

2. A panel of theologians and the cardinals of the Congregation for Cause of Saints evaluate the candidate's life.

3.If the panel approves, the pope proclaims that the candidate is venerable, which means that the person is a role model of Catholic virtues.

4.The next step toward sainthood is beatification, which allows a person to be honored by a particular group or region. In order to beatify a candidate, it must be shown that the person is responsible for a posthumous miracle. Martyrs -- those who died for their religious cause -- can be beatified without evidence of a miracle. On Oct. 20, 2003, Mother Teresa was beatified. She is now known as Blessed Mother Teresa of Kolkata.

5. In order for the candidate to be considered a saint, there must be proof of a second posthumous miracle. If there is, the person is canonized.

These alleged miracles must be submitted to the Vatican for verification. Sister Teresia Benedicta of the Cross was canonized in 1997 after the Vatican verified that a young girl who ate seven times the lethal dose of Tylenol was suddenly cured. The girl's family was said to have prayed to the spirit of Sister Teresia for help.

SO, Floyd falls over on the first hurdle, really.
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 07-29-2020 at 10:22 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Oceander (07-29-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    That's because to the left, George Floyd was more than a saint. He was the second coming of Jesus.

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Apaprently the only sin that is worthy of removing one's sainthood ffrom history for is slavery or like actions. Those who oppressed groups are no longer worthy. But those who terrorized individuals are.
    The backwards logic of a hopefully doomed movement.
    I believe assimilation was working until careers were built that called that racism. Segregation might, if correctly done, work, but we have too many citizens of mixed race for that. It is not practical
    The only real way forward is assimilation. So BLM if you want what we have, do what we do. Then after a lifetime of hard work, family first and responsibility call it privledge if you wish
    Segregation based on behavior - not race - is what we need.
    Orange man MAGA
    Orange man strong

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Saints are unique to the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Oriental Orthodox, and Lutheran. The process of making
    someone a saint is called Canonisation in Catholicism and Glorification in the others, the process of canonization goes like this:

1. A local bishop investigates the candidate's life and writings for evidence of heroic virtue. The information uncovered by the bishop is sent to the Vatican.

2. A panel of theologians and the cardinals of the Congregation for Cause of Saints evaluate the candidate's life.

3.If the panel approves, the pope proclaims that the candidate is venerable, which means that the person is a role model of Catholic virtues.

4.The next step toward sainthood is beatification, which allows a person to be honored by a particular group or region. In order to beatify a candidate, it must be shown that the person is responsible for a posthumous miracle. Martyrs -- those who died for their religious cause -- can be beatified without evidence of a miracle. On Oct. 20, 2003, Mother Teresa was beatified. She is now known as Blessed Mother Teresa of Kolkata.

5. In order for the candidate to be considered a saint, there must be proof of a second posthumous miracle. If there is, the person is canonized.

These alleged miracles must be submitted to the Vatican for verification. Sister Teresia Benedicta of the Cross was canonized in 1997 after the Vatican verified that a young girl who ate seven times the lethal dose of Tylenol was suddenly cured. The girl's family was said to have prayed to the spirit of Sister Teresia for help.

SO, Floyd falls over on the first hurdle, really.
    Certain sects of islam also have saints.
    I dont know if they get a secret decoder ring or any "official" status though.
    Orange man MAGA
    Orange man strong

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TLSG View Post
    That's because to the left, George Floyd was more than a saint. He was the second coming of Jesus.
    His miracles are recorded:
    he turned paper into money
    Orange man MAGA
    Orange man strong

Thread Information