User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why does church condemn me for having "lustful" sexual thoughts?

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Yes, liberalism is a religion as is ... atheism, tech etc. Whenever one is fanatic about something it mimics religion. Religion has been used to control since it was developed. It along with nationalism are the ways in which frontline soldiers are recruited and the way by which parents do not try to stop their young from going to war to fight for old men's money/power. They are often shamming and ask things of us we are not designed to do. Such as "every sperm is sacred"

On the other hand I feel like the loss of church going has undermined the sense of community greatly and churches can and still do give people a hand up.
    It was a rippling by extension effect.

What did anyone actually "think" was going to happen regarding Christians as individuals...when their foundational churches caved and said "homosexuality, gay marriages, transgenders etc is all okay"?

It exposed the churches as wanting membership above their God, which is basically money above God...and I am pretty sure "He" warned about that, quite specifically.
    "I told you the economy was going to tank under Trump". "Yeah you did. Pre Pandemic". "It was going to tank even without the Pandemic". "Uh-huh. Trumps economy was hitting it out of the park Pre Pandemic." <---My cut and paste time saving signature - for all the doom and gloom predictors who will try to rewrite history.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    It was a rippling by extension effect.

What did anyone actually "think" was going to happen regarding Christians as individuals...when their foundational churches caved and said "homosexuality, gay marriages, transgenders etc is all okay"?

It exposed the churches as wanting membership above their God, which is basically money above God...and I am pretty sure "He" warned about that, quite specifically.

Why would God hate homosexuals that he according to this doctrine created this way? My personal opinion is that the God Christians most often describe would of preferred a gay couple that did not hurt or cheat on each other to an affair loving coulpe that attacks one another. Not a perfect example but I don't get the anti-gay church thing.
    Well in the past gays meant no kids and most religions get most of their followers through birth into the church.
    To be honest I never saw much spirituallity in church. But as I said there were those who were saved by the church but also those who were condemned by the church.
    BUT, their community role was important. How much sense of community do most people have today
    Last edited by donttread; 07-31-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    That's why I'm an Atheist and against religion. All religion is based on faith and snake oil salesmen disguised as priests, ministers, rabbis, etc. Just think how great life would be without any religion of any kind but than who would have power and control over us witlings.
    Atheism is also a religious belief. It is indoctrinated like any other, and is the source of many evils in the world.

Theistic religions are not the only source of negative behavior. One might argue that they sre superior, since they provide a basis for morality.

Atheism can only provide amorality.
    I am used to men who mock and scorn things beyond their comprehension. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

"Better to be a dog in times of tranquility than a human in times of chaos." Feng Menglong

Thread Information