User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Could It Be God's PLAN For Trump To Lose?

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    1) Do you believe that God answers prayer?

2) Do you believe Trump's policies/agenda represent a more Godly plan for the U.S. than Biden and the Democrats?

3) Do you WANT Trump to win?

If you answer these questions, "yes", then know that...

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Mt.21:22)

How is it you cannot pray for Trump to win, "BELIEVING YOU WILL RECEIVE" that answer? Why do you come up with reasons WHY it may not be God's will or whatever?

Let's be honest. It can ONLY be a lack of faith. Hey, I can't pray that "believing" either, so I know the signs when I see them.

I didn't mean to insult you and I don't really think I did. Jesus rebuked Peter for "doubting" when he stepped out onto the sea but began to sink.

If that was "doubting", what would God consider not even being able to pray for Trump to win (a 50/50 chance of happening anyway) in faith, BELIEVING that he will?

You will insult me no matter what answer I give. I learned that tonight. I don't want to have any further conversations with you.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registered
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    You will insult me no matter what answer I give. I learned that tonight. I don't want to have any further conversations with you.
    I would have replied to this thread, but for how you were treated.

StH's words just reinforce the fact that the Godless have no code that they will not violate.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Jen (06-30-2020)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    A determination by us as either a good move or bad (by God) is likened to a chess game. A Move by God can be far reaching either way, he does have his reasons beyond our understanding. In our form of govt there are many chiefs, some may have a reverence for God, and some not. Obviously, that can be problematic.

Job 12:23-24: “He makes nations great, and he destroys them; he enlarges nations, and leads them away. He takes away understanding from the chiefs of the people of the earth and makes them wander in a pathless waste."
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 06-30-2020 at 06:00 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S-N-A-F-U For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (06-30-2020),SharetheHedge (07-02-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Thanks
    Just WOW. Have all you guys given up? It seems that in 2016 everyone was delirious with claims of answered prayer after Trump's election but it is clearly a different situation around here now. Now you're all arguing that the thread title COULD be true, rather than believing that Trump is God's man and that he's GOING to win again. I intended the title to provoke people to pray in faith toward that end, assuming that MOST already were, but I think it has uncovered a "nest" of UNBELIEF instead?

Look, it is CLEAR that you all are NOT certain that Trump will be re-elected. I get that. That's a normal amount of anxiety but it's NOT FAITH. A lack of faith can disguise itself in a statement like - "whatever happens God is still in control". That doesn't take faith because then no one can say God ISN'T in control, "no matter WHAT happens". It's "safe". It's generic. There's always a way out if what you are praying for doesn't happen.

Just promise me that, if Trump wins, you're all NOT going to go on about how "God answers prayer", because, as far as I can see, you're NOT praying - not praying for something specific with FAITH that it will occur. You're only HOPING for the best, which even a non-believer can do
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 06-30-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

"For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    I would have replied to this thread, but for how you were treated.

StH's words just reinforce the fact that the Godless have no code that they will not violate.

The code I try to maintain is common sense and reason. If some others do not, I think I ought to allowed to point that out?

What "code" are you referring to? The "code" of NOT pointing out a discrepancy or contradiction in another's belief system?

If I am "Godless", and you are not, then there should be a huge distinction in your faith as compared to mine, right?

So if you believe that the forces of darkness empower the political Left, and their objective is to beat Trump, are you taking a stand OF FAITH, that they will NOT be successful in November, or are you going with the prevailing attitude of others here, that "whatever happens, happens, God's in control" and/or it's not for Christians to predict the future, blah, blah, blah?

Do you HOPE that Trump will win, or do you BELIEVE that he will? EVEN a supposedly "Godless" person can see the difference there - can YOU?

I can only HOPE that Trump will win. Is your faith greater than mine?
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 06-30-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

"For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial

Thanks
    Just WOW. Have all you guys given up? It seems that in 2016 everyone was delirious with claims of answered prayer after Trump's election but it is clearly a different situation around here now. Now you're all arguing that the thread title COULD be true, rather than believing that Trump is God's man and that he's GOING to win again. I intended the title to provoke people to pray in faith toward that end, assuming that MOST already were, but I think it has uncovered a "nest" of UNBELIEF instead?

Look, it is CLEAR that you all are NOT certain that Trump will be re-elected. I get that. That's a normal amount of anxiety but it's NOT FAITH. A lack of faith can disguise itself in a statement like - "whatever happens God is still in control". That doesn't take faith because then no one can say God ISN'T in control, "no matter WHAT happens". It's "safe". It's generic. There's always a way out if what you are praying for doesn't happen.

Just promise me that, if Trump wins, you're all NOT going to go on about how "God answers prayer", because, as far as I can see, you're NOT praying - not praying for something specific with FAITH that it will occur. You're only HOPING for the best, which even a non-believer can do
    I Trust God.There is still a remnant in this nation who fear God.If Trump still serves His purpose, and I will be praying to that end,he will be reelected....If the nation has fallen too far into depravity and rebellion against Him.IMO I think that we go the way of all nations who forget God.....I don't know what else to tell you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

Jen (06-30-2020)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks

God may hear the prayer, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will answer it. There are a number of reasons where God may turn a blind eye to prayer, such as...

"He who turns away his ear from listening to the law [of God],
    Even his prayer is an abomination." ~ Prov. 28:9 NASB

Furthermore, If we are living in the 'end times' (which many believe). No prayer altering the outcome of this prophecy; which includes the demise of all worldly govts will come to pass.

Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 06-30-2020 at 10:07 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to S-N-A-F-U For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (06-30-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    I Trust God.There is still a remnant in this nation who fear God.If Trump still serves His purpose, and I will be praying to that end,he will be reelected....If the nation has fallen too far into depravity and rebellion against Him.IMO I think that we go the way of all nations who forget God.....I don't know what else to tell you.

Thanks for the honesty, but do you see my point? You CANNOT say, by faith, that Trump will win. Neither are any others here. It seemed to me that the confidence that Trump would win has been dropping around here since the pandemic and all the other s..t hitting the fan in the last few months. Again, quite normal and natural human reaction in view of the circumstances, but it should be more normal for NON-believers than believers? If people ARE losing faith, I would expect them to be very defensive and touchy about being confronted with that, and again, that DOES seem to be the reaction of some.

You say if the nation has fallen too far into depravity we will go the way of all nations who have forgotten God. But who comprises the "nation"? If Godly people are bascially supporting Trump, and ungodly people are supporting Biden and the Dems, why can't the Godly people stand, IN FAITH, and DECLARE that Trump will win? I think that is quite normal among Christians who are involved, and believe God is involved, in how the political outcome will affect our nation and culture. Now many across the nation are no doubt TAKING that stand, but the reaction I get on this thread from believers, who can only HOPE and not believe in FAITH, is very distressing and really NOT NORMAL for the Church?

I will say it again, and I apologize to those who feel offended, but it SEEMS like many are reconciling themselves to the possibility that Trump WON'T win. Possibly even many are thinking he WON'T but are reluctant to say that "out loud"? That's what I am "getting" in all these posts and I don't think I am misunderstanding them?

It seems like there's a very despairing and beaten-down attitude that is prevalent here, just under the surface - don't you think?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by memesofine View Post
    It's really becoming a bummer seeing all these threads on Trump may lose. My god they said he wouldn't/couldn't/ NO WAY IN HELL win the last election. So I can't give into any negativity until the election. So chin up and lets work our asses off to get him re-elected. Screw the leftist, liberals, Democommies, especially our enemy MEDIAS. and lets roll.
    Now we're TALKIN'!

What is your attitude on the prayer issue, though? Besides working, are you praying in faith that Trump WILL win? Are you taking God at his promise that WHATEVER you ask in faith, believing, WILL come to pass?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    God may hear the prayer, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will answer it. There are a number of reasons where God may turn a blind eye to prayer, such as...

"He who turns away his ear from listening to the law [of God],
    Even his prayer is an abomination." ~ Prov. 28:9 NASB

Furthermore, If we are living in the 'end times' (which many believe). No prayer altering the outcome of this prophecy; which includes the demise of all worldly govts will come to pass.

Once again then - how do you pray in faith for something if you also believe that God may NOT grant it?

That is DOUBT, not faith.

(and we have been living in the end times, according to the NT, SINCE the NT was written, but that's another subject, I guess)
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 06-30-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Thread Information