User Tag List

Thread: Today’s tailgate of fun.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks

Today’s tailgate of fun.

Handguns Glock 23 gen 4 full DE and Canik Shark FC, Long guns PSA 18” AR with ACOG and a new to me 20” thunder tactical upper with a Vortex 12 x scope.

The Glock 23 has right around 2000 rounds fired, I installed a set of Wilson Combat battle sights on it. Love this gun carry it often, it’s a work horse.

The Canik is a interesting gun, it is a CZ clone and uses CZ 75 mags so they are readily available. It is also ported, similar to the Glock C models but instead of two long ports it has 3 round ports per side of the barrel. It’s 9mm and all metal (alloy frame) so not much recoil to begin with, but practically none with the porting.

The more I shoot the 18” PSA ACOG upper the more I like it, it is such a smooth runner and easy reliable accuracy with the ACOG.

First time shooting and zeroing the TT 20” upper Vortex combo, did not start out smoothly. First 20 or so break in rounds had several malfunctions. Failure to feed, double feeds, failing to pick up the round, etc. Could tell that the Bolt and bolt carrier were not moving smoothly inside the receiver. Before I shot her I oiled the bolt, carrier and receiver, after the failures I pulled the bolt and carrier and oiled the hell out of it. That did the trick and the more I shot her the smoother it ran, the last 30-40 rounds ran without issue.
    The Vortex scope I got mixed feelings about, it’s over powered for 5.56 and I was only shooting out to 100 yards today so I was shooting it mostly on 8 power, glass not as clear as I hoped and the parallax was more then I like. But I did get a good zero with it and I’ll see if adjust to it with more time behind it. This was a low cost build so wasn’t expecting a first rate optic like the ACOG but I usually like Vortex’s lower cost optics, first time I got one that I’m not satisfied with.

Last edited by Crusader; 05-22-2020 at 02:22 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

Captain Kirk! (05-22-2020),DonGlock26 (05-22-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    An 18” with a 3.5 or 4x ACOG is about the perfect all around go to war rifle (5.56 specifically).
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government.” — Alexander Hamilton

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Crusader (05-22-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Big Dummy did you notice the bipod on the 20” it’s the UTG you recommended, I got the tall version with the quick disconnect not a bad bipod at all. I also have a Magpul bipod on order to replace the Caldwell I have on my SCAR 17 that I’m not satisfied with, I’ll do a review on it when it gets here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusader For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (05-22-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Big Dummy did you notice the bipod on the 20” it’s the UTG you recommended, I got the tall version with the quick disconnect not a bad bipod at all. I also have a Magpul bipod on order to replace the Caldwell I have on my SCAR 17 that I’m not satisfied with, I’ll do a review on it when it gets here.
    I have two of the short versions. One I took out the rubber O-ring, that is between the legs and the mount. Doing that gets it even more solid.
    Last edited by Big Dummy; 05-22-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government.” — Alexander Hamilton

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Crusader (05-22-2020)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    I don't have any guns like that. Nice ones though.

If progressives were any more stupid, they would need to be watered twice a week

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

Crusader (05-22-2020)

Thread Information