Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man that videoed Aubrey shooting charged with murder

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    -

Clearly this has become a purely racial issue now.

-

Man Who Filmed Arbery Shooting and Shared the Video is Charged With Murder

BY TTAG CONTRIBUTOR |
    MAY 22, 2020

(Twitter via AP)

By Russ Bynum, AP

The Georgia man whose cellphone video of Ahmaud Arbery’s fatal shooting helped reignite the case has been charged with murder, making him the third person arrested more than two months after the slaying.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said 50-year-old William “Roddie” Bryan Jr. was arrested Thursday on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment. Agents later searched Bryan’s home, several TV stations reported. The GBI said in a statement that it would hold a news conference Friday morning.

Arbery was slain Feb. 23 when a white father and son armed themselves and pursued him after spotting the 25-year-old black man running in their neighborhood. More than two months passed before authorities arrested Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34, on charges of felony murder and aggravated assault. Gregory McMichael told police he suspected Arbery was a burglar and that Arbery attacked his son before being shot.

Bryan lives in the same subdivision just outside the port city of Brunswick, and the video he took from the cab of his vehicle helped stir a national outcry when it leaked online May 5.

The video quickly drew a strong reaction from Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, a Republican who called it “absolutely horrific.” The Georgia Bureau of Investigation soon took over the case from local police, and the arrests of the McMichaels followed on May 7.

Under Georgia law, a person can be charged with felony murder for committing any felony that causes the death of someone else. It does not require intent to kill and carries an automatic life sentence.

In the Glynn County police incident report on the shooting, Gregory McMichael told an officer that at one point Arbery “began running back the direction from which he came and `Roddy’ attempted to block him which was unsuccessful.” It’s the only mention in the police report of any potential involvement by Bryan.

Bryan’s attorney, Kevin Gough, did not immediately return a phone message Thursday. He has previously insisted Bryan played no role in Arbery’s death.

“Roddie Bryan is not now, and has never been, more than a witness to the shooting,” Gough said in a statement on the case Monday. “He is not a vigilante. Roddie did not participate in the horrific killing of this young man. Mr. Bryan has committed no crime, and bears no criminal responsibility in the death of Ahmaud Arbery.”

Meanwhile, attorneys for Arbery’s parents cheered the news of Bryan’s arrest.

“We called for his arrest from the very beginning of this process,” attorneys S. Lee Merritt, Benjamin Crump and L. Chris Stewart said in a statement. “His involvement in the murder of Mr. Arbery was obvious to us, to many around the country and after their thorough investigation, it was clear to the GBI as well.”

Bryan’s video of the shooting was taken from the driver’s seat of a vehicle following Arbery as he runs along a residential street. A pickup truck is parked in the road ahead of Arbery, with one man in the truck’s bed and another standing beside the open driver’s side door.

The video shows Arbery run around the truck to the right before he cuts back in front of it. Then a gunshot can be heard, followed by a second shot. Arbery can be seen punching a man holding what appears to be a shotgun, who then fires a third shot point-blank. Arbery staggers and falls face down in the street.

Gregory McMichael retired last year after more than two decades as an investigator for the local prosecutor’s office. Because of those ties, Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney Jackie Johnson recused herself from the case. Two outside prosecutors assigned the case have also stepped aside.

The McMichaels remain jailed in Glynn County waiting for a preliminary court hearing and for a judge to decide whether to free them on bond pending trial. Attorneys for the father and son have urged people not to rush to judgment in the case.
    I don't believe that there is a lot of institutional racism towards blacks left in America. The McMichaels on the other hand were bounty hunting them a black dude who had the audacity to RUN in their neighborhood! They caused his death and need to be held accountable.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    It would appear he was trying to get the gun from the man and in being chased he wanted to ensure his getaway by having the gun to fend of his pursuers. Or he feared being shot when not a threat and tried to stop the guy shooting him and was shot. He should have laid on the ground.

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    I'll wait for evidence before I decide whether it's right or not. I did wonder why the cameraman was following a jogger and taking video. Perhaps he and his neighbors planned to shoot Aubrey and wanted the video tape.

If it ever comes to trial, it should be interesting. I have a great deal of faith in juries and absolutely none in a consensus on a forum.

Infracted Member Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubler9 View Post
    It would appear he was trying to get the gun from the man and in being chased he wanted to ensure his getaway by having the gun to fend of his pursuers. Or he feared being shot when not a threat and tried to stop the guy shooting him and was shot. He should have laid on the ground.
    why didnt he kneel down and say" dont shoot "? isnt that what BLM says they always say?
    sic semper tyrannis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubler9 View Post
    Well if you jog by a truck and the dude gets out with a shotgun and heads in your direction whatever happens is pretty much on him. Why would he have believed he wouldn't be shot if he complied?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I'll wait for evidence before I decide whether it's right or not. I did wonder why the cameraman was following a jogger and taking video. Perhaps he and his neighbors planned to shoot Aubrey and wanted the video tape.

If it ever comes to trial, it should be interesting. I have a great deal of faith in juries and absolutely none in a consensus on a forum.
    You make a good point in that it is time America got back to "Innocent until proven guilty" However, there is no doubt that charges are warranted here. If the McMichaels are found guilty of a felony then it should equate to felony murder.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Absurd and I hope prosecution overreach destroys this case!

Well it seems likely he was involved in the "plan" or the" bounty hunt" or whatever the hell this was. So he can be charged under the old catch all of felony murder
    This was a dumb, dangerous stunt and there are consequences. Although I suspect Brant may be pressured to flip and given a sweet deal to nail the McMichaels.

Tard Wrangler V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Well if you jog by a truck and the dude gets out with a shotgun and heads in your direction whatever happens is pretty much on him. Why would he have believed he wouldn't be shot if he complied?
    Well, if a person hears a story of a career criminal running away from a crime scene and goes along with the fuckwit retard idiot bullshit nincompoop dipshit laughable fabrication that the guy was 10 miles from home...jogging and was accosted by hillbillies just awaitin' fer sum spewk to run bah(hahaha -what kind of submoron would believe such a thing, much less repeat it?) then why should anything that person ever says be taken seriously?

Last edited by El Guapo; Yesterday at 11:43 AM.
    Orange Man 2020

9. The Following User Says Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Hmmm... a lot black joggers being victimized of late:

80-YEAR-OLD WOMAN OBSTRUCTS PATH OF KNIFE-WIELDING BLACK JOGGER
    Rosalie Cook was an 80-year-old white woman who had basked unfairly in white privilege since before the USA entered World War II. There is no evidence she ever apologized for being white or offered to give away all of her belongings to black people so she could start atoning for her sins.

In a Walgreens parking lot in Houston recently, Cook made the racist decision to stand in front of innocent black jogger Randy Lewis, a 38-year-old man of color who had been unfairly arrested 67 times previously by white cops who can’t stand the sight of black men jogging. Frustrated and obviously reaching a breaking point because in Donald Trump’s America, a black man can’t go for a simple jog without being gunned down by murderous white animals, he stabbed Cook to death, went through her belongings, and tried to steal her car—which really isn’t much when you stack it up against 400 years of oppression.

Because he was obviously waiting for an opportunity to gun down an innocent black jogger, a racist cop showed up and fatally shot Lewis.

In Michigan, a black caregiver, obviously frustrated that an elderly white man was interfering with his attempts to jog around his room, punched and punched and punched the man to teach him that it’s racist to interfere with black men’s attempts to improve their health via jogging.

Two more videos have recently emerged in the tragic case of black jogger Ahmaud Arbery—one shows racist cops interrupting his jog in a Walmart parking lot to falsely accuse him of shoplifting a television, and the other shows a racist white cop harassing him and attempting to tase his black body for sitting in his car and quietly contemplating whether he should take another jog.
    The Week That Perished - Takis Magazine - Taki's Magazine
    Last edited by El Guapo; Yesterday at 11:44 AM.
    Orange Man 2020

11. The Following User Says Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    why didnt he kneel down and say" dont shoot "? isnt that what BLM says they always say?
    ...isn't I can't breathe?

...makes sense - he was jogging pretty hard
    Orange Man 2020

13. The Following User Says Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (Yesterday)

Thread Information