User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124

Thread: The Realm of the Supernatural

  1. #1
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    gregonejeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    2,375
    Thanked: 2,904
    Rep Power
    16644976

    The Realm of the Supernatural

    Many state it exists, and as many will say it does not exist. And even many Christians do not feel comfortable speaking on the subject, even though their fervent faith in the existence of God...falls in to this realm. I like to start my topics by using my source for the definition of a word, which is my old large Webster's Collegiate Dictionary sitting on my office shelf.

    My WCD defines the word Supernatural:

    "of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe. esp: of or related to God or a god, demigod, spirit or devil. Departing from what is normal esp: so as to transcend the Laws of Nature ".

    As I stated in the Atheist thread, people that do believe in the supernatural (SN) whether they are a Christian or not, will be "reserved" about stating their own SN experiences. Simply because they will use caution doing so, for fear they will be perceived as one that is delusional, irrational or even having other mental or societal "disorders".

    One must use caution also, when reading or listening to people's SN experiences. Because as we know magicians, illusionists, card readers, mind readers and even television shows may use the premise of the SN to make a paycheck. This thread is not for those people or their customers to post their SN experience, that was based on a motive.

    It is for people that are not afraid to post about their belief in the SN, because they believe they had a supernatural experience. Please, feel free to ask questions about the posters SN experience and why they believe they had a SN experience. And I am one of those people that believe in the realm of the "supernatural".

    I just ask that all poster's replying to this thread do so, while refraining from snarky insinuations or ridicule directed at the poster. Instead, direct your disbelief or belief...at the SN experience being posted.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gregonejeep For This Useful Post:

    East of the Beast (05-07-2020),Jen (05-07-2020),QuaseMarco (05-07-2020),SharetheHedge (05-07-2020)

  3. #2
    Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 64.0%

    East of the Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14,733
    Thanks
    18,616
    Thanked: 15,678
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Last edited by East of the Beast; 05-07-2020 at 07:23 AM.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

    UKSmartypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,384
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked: 1,317
    Rep Power
    2955597
    See i believe in science. that doesnt mean i dont believe in the paranormal, cos its pretty clear the amount we know about the Universe is far from a complete picture. So, i remain open minded about everything until i get sufficient proof (in my view) one way or another.

    The phrase 'conspiracy theory' really annoys me. I can give you a list of 25 'Conspiracy Theories' that turned out to be true.

    As a sample, Im fairly convinced, atm, pending any other evidence that:

    -we made alien contact in about 1956
    -we have reverse engineered alien tech
    -marilyn monroe was killed by the kennedys to shut her up
    -we definitely landed on the moon
    -the world isnt flat
    -there is no Nibiru
    -if God exists he must be at least a 22 dimensional being to fit in with M Theory


    what id like to know more about is

    -why does every human lose 22g weight at the moment of death?
    -how can kids recall 'previous lives'
    -what are the orbs recorded on video at supposedly haunted locations?


    more evidence needed !

  5. #4
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    gregonejeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    2,375
    Thanked: 2,904
    Rep Power
    16644976
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    See i believe in science. that doesnt mean i dont believe in the paranormal, cos its pretty clear the amount we know about the Universe is far from a complete picture. So, i remain open minded about everything until i get sufficient proof (in my view) one way or another.

    The phrase 'conspiracy theory' really annoys me. I can give you a list of 25 'Conspiracy Theories' that turned out to be true.

    As a sample, Im fairly convinced, atm, pending any other evidence that:

    -we made alien contact in about 1956
    -we have reverse engineered alien tech
    -marilyn monroe was killed by the kennedys to shut her up
    -we definitely landed on the moon
    -the world isnt flat
    -there is no Nibiru
    -if God exists he must be at least a 22 dimensional being to fit in with M Theory


    what id like to know more about is

    -why does every human lose 22g weight at the moment of death?
    -how can kids recall 'previous lives'
    -what are the orbs recorded on video at supposedly haunted locations?


    more evidence needed !
    Good reply ^^ and I agree. But this SN evidence cannot be presented for evidence because the person(s) SN experience cannot be reproduced for others to see, feel, hear, etc.

    I am in the middle of doing laundry right now and vacuuming the house, while the missus is bringing back a few groceries. I will be back on later to post some of my own SN's to be "grilled" by the members.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 0%

    Robert Urbanek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Vacaville, CA
    Posts
    1,522
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked: 880
    Rep Power
    1800922
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    Good reply ^^ and I agree. But this SN evidence cannot be presented for evidence because the person(s) SN experience cannot be reproduced for others to see, feel, hear, etc.

    I am in the middle of doing laundry right now and vacuuming the house, while the missus is bringing back a few groceries. I will be back on later to post some of my own SN's to be "grilled" by the members.
    Let us know if you have a paranormal experience while vacuuming your house:



  7. #6
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    9,928
    Thanks
    1,718
    Thanked: 9,535
    Rep Power
    14966602
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    Good reply ^^ and I agree. But this SN evidence cannot be presented for evidence because the person(s) SN experience cannot be reproduced for others to see, feel, hear, etc.

    I am in the middle of doing laundry right now and vacuuming the house, while the missus is bringing back a few groceries. I will be back on later to post some of my own SN's to be "grilled" by the members.

    I am prepping the Weber Gen.II E-355 propane unit now
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 05-07-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)


    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

  8. #7
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    gregonejeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    2,375
    Thanked: 2,904
    Rep Power
    16644976
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    I am prepping the Weber Gen.II E-355 propane unit now
    O.K. SH, fair enough. But before you can grill me about the OP, I will expect you to read the large posts of mine that I posted on 05/01/2016 on my birthday, that tells my true story of why I became a believer in not only the SN, but the existence of an afterlife and Christ.

    Lets take each one of my old posts and you can grill me on each one, as I post them. Below is a copy of my first post I made in Jen's thread on page 74 of the R&P Forum about the "Hereafter". And these posts comprise my first large novel I wrote on TPF. I will post the rest of the consecutive posts in descending order one at a time, until we reach the end of my novel.

    I will only post another post from the novel, after you or others have "grilled" the previous one. And I will answer yours or anyone else's questions regarding the post to the best of my memory, as long as civility is maintained. If and when, civility leaves this thread... is when I leave this thread.

    On May 1, 2016 GOJ wrote > I never thought I would have so much to say on my first post, but this one hits home with me...so to speak...

    I too, was in the same frame of mind as you are Pepper .... back when I was in my early 20's. Now today with me being 63 years old and have over time, found answers to many of the same questions that you have. When one speaks of spirituality, the afterlife or of any religion of any sorts for that matter..... there are many answers to the many questions and they will vary. And those answers will only ring true so many times, just to those reading/listening that has also experienced.... what they are being told/reading. I will post my experiences in dealing with spirituality and religion, in smaller segments as to not put everyone asleep that is reading my posts here.... all at the same time....


    My Mother had been raised as a Southern Baptist and although she did not attend church every Sunday with us 9 kids, she made sure that we went to church every Sunday. But she also gave us all the option that when we reached the age of 13, to make our own choice of whether we wanted to continue going to church. So I chose to stop going to church at 13 y.o and never darkened the door of a church again, until I was 29 y.o. Therefore, I never joined the little rural church that I went to as a kid, nor was I ever " baptized". I never "learned" the KJV Bible, but I was good at going to the church hayrides, the Easter egg hunts and falling asleep in the pews.

    Moving forward in time now, at age 25 I tried to visit my Mother at least once a week, as she was at that time 65 years old, a widow and living alone. Whenever our visit was winding down, I would tell Mom that I needed to go and almost on every one of my exit's.... Mom would stand up, put her arms around me and give me a big hug and kiss on the cheek. Then, she would take me by the shoulders with both of her feeble arms and look me in the eye and say to me....
    " Have you ever went back to church and been saved " ??? My reply to my Mother for too many years was almost always the same, " No Mom, I have not been baptized yet. I don't have time for all that mumbo jumbo and I have better things to do with my life right now". She would just look at me sadly, then let go of my shoulders and tell me that she loved me and would see me again next week. Cont...

  9. #8
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    9,928
    Thanks
    1,718
    Thanked: 9,535
    Rep Power
    14966602
    Quote Originally Posted by gregonejeep View Post
    O.K. SH, fair enough. But before you can grill me about the OP, I will expect you to read the large posts of mine that I posted on 05/01/2016 on my birthday, that tells my true story of why I became a believer in not only the SN, but the existence of an afterlife and Christ.

    Lets take each one of my old posts and you can grill me on each one, as I post them. Below is a copy of my first post I made in Jen's thread on page 74 of the R&P Forum about the "Hereafter". And these posts comprise my first large novel I wrote on TPF. I will post the rest of the consecutive posts in descending order one at a time, until we reach the end of my novel.

    I will only post another post from the novel, after you or others have "grilled" the previous one. And I will answer yours or anyone else's questions regarding the post to the best of my memory, as long as civility is maintained. If and when, civility leaves this thread... is when I leave this thread.



    Relax - I'm just kidding

    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)


    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

  10. #9
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    gregonejeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    2,375
    Thanked: 2,904
    Rep Power
    16644976
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post



    Relax - I'm just kidding

    All good....next chapter here,

    May 1, 2016 GOJ wrote >
    Continuing my novel here.....


    So one Sunday I stopped by to visit Mom and for whatever reason, I was not in the best of moods. So as usual as I was leaving, Mom asked me had I found a church yet, blah, blah, so I sort of lost it gently ....while letting out a sigh and sitting down. I asked her, " Just why is it that you are so worried about me going to church and being baptized Mom" ??

    She replied to me, " Son, I am not getting any younger and I do not want to take my last breath and know that you have not been saved". I said to her, " Saved from what Mom" ??

    She then said to me, " Saved from the eternal damnation of Hell, because you have not taken Christ as your Lord, or been baptized, so when you die your soul will be sent to Hell"....

    Being just 26 years old at the time, I was stricken speechless for the moment and just sat there while trying to digest what my Mom had just stated to me. As a child yes, my Sunday school teacher had taught this "Hell Fire and Damnation" dogma, but as a child back then... those words were scary to me . So I chose to not think of the Hell business and to think more about the hayrides, Easter egg hunts and my little girl friend sitting beside me in SS class. Why would a grown woman, my Mom... now be telling me this sort of crazy thing at my age ?? So, I had the free time on my hands and rather than leaving Mom standing with her words unanswered, I chose instead to debate with my Mom about her misconceived notion. So while using my youthful intellect and logistical powers of reasoning
    I had at that time ..... I started a debate with my Mom....

    It went as follows fairly accurately and to the best of my recollection after 37 years now.......

    Me... So Mom, if you are right about this Hell Fire thing, then to me this means after the physical body has died, then something from it has to live on ...passed the death of the body. If this "something" does not live on, then there is nothing to be burned in this "Hell" that you speak of .... right ?

    Mom... That is right. It is called your "soul" and it leaves a person's body when they die.

    Me... So if what you are saying is true now, there must be what I hear is called an "Afterlife" right ?

    Mom... I don't know anything about that, I just know in my heart that if you are not saved, your soul will go to Hell, as it will be judged and will go to Heaven if the person was a believer.

    Me.... So, by me accepting Christ, being baptized, my soul will not be going to Hell ?

    Mom.... That is what I believe and millions and millions more people do too. I was baptized when I was 12 years old, so I don't have the doubts that you do.

    Me. .. So to me Mom, for me to honestly believe what you are telling me, there HAS to be something beyond the grave like an afterlife, a soul, something that lives on after death.

    Mom... You are getting too deep for me now, but o.k. I see what you saying.

    Me.... Mom, have you ever talked to anyone in say the passed 60 years, seen anything, felt anything.... that proved to you that after someone had died, yet they still existed in some form on earth ?

    Mom... No...

    Me... So how can you say this soul, afterlife etc. exists ?

    Mom... I cannot prove it, it is based on my faith.

    Me.... O.K. Mom, I see now that I am not getting anywhere here. Because I believe in order for something to "exist" there must be proof of it. That proof to me, is with me being able to see, hear, touch or smell that "something's" existence. So far now, I am not hearing from you anything that proves to me, that we have anything that exists beyond the grave. So Mom, let us make a pact together that may help prove to me that this "afterlife/soul" thing exists. We know that I am 26 y.o. now and you are 66 y.o. now. ....

    By all standards, you will most likely pass away before I do. So let us promise to each other right now and make a
    life pact,
    that whichever one of us passes away first will and
    if they can
    .... give a "sign" to the survivor. Anything.... like moving a book, picking up a lamp, carrying a picture across the room. .. just something to prove there is something that exists after the death of the body and there is an "afterlife". Also Mom, as part of this pact we are making now.... will you agree to stop harping on me to get saved ?

    Mom.... O.K son. I will keep this promise with you if I go first and I won't mention to you about getting saved again. And for the next next 15 years, Mom never mentioned my "salvation" again. To be continued.....

  11. #10
    V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    9,928
    Thanks
    1,718
    Thanked: 9,535
    Rep Power
    14966602
    Is this the story about the bed shaking?
    "If you think they hate Trump now, wait till his policies start working." (Dennis Miller)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)


    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •