User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Itís constitutional for Ocean City to ban women from going topless in public, federal

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hillofbeans For This Useful Post:

2cent (04-10-2020),Conservative Libertarian (04-10-2020),fortis (04-10-2020),Lone Gunman (04-10-2020),Molly Pitcher (04-10-2020),OldSchool (04-11-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Thanks for the link. Now for the sorry part:
    Local officials passed the ordinance after one of the plaintiffs sent letters to local authorities stating her intention to go topless, touching off a community debate.
    Seriously? This needed to be debated? What a sorry reflection on society, in general.

FWIW, I've been to Ocean City. It was one of the most delightful experiences of my life. I was 16, and invited by my boyfriend's family - after 2 years of dating, and not being invited the previous year - to go their Grandma's on Deal Island for a week! My mom, being the provincial one, of course said, "No." B.F's mom invited herself over for coffee, convincing my mom that all was on the up-and-up, and I was allowed to go!
    He'd had his Triumph 650 towed, and we rode from Deal Island up to Ocean City for an entire day of fun in the sun. The boardwalk was something, and I got this really cool bikini w/a matching skirt. Oh, if I didn't feel like the cat's meow.

To tie all this in to the OP somehow, woulda been kinda dumb not to wear the matching top, now wouldn't it?

Sorry for the trip down memory lane, folks. Such a wonderful one for me, and it grieves me to think that people want to spoil that beautiful, fun-loving place.
    (Yes, I've heard that it already is, but just hush. I don't want to hear it. Some things are simply meant to remain innocent and good; even if just a memory.)
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (04-10-2020),Hillofbeans (04-10-2020)

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    Old joke, but I can't remember the comedian, read in Parade magazine when I was little ...

Women are like salads, both are improved by dressing.

But the same applies to men too. I'm seen too much of that clown from Key West, and I am plumb out of eye bleach.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    The link above is working.

From the story:
    Bredar also determined that protecting the public sensibilities from the public display of areas of the body traditionally viewed as erogenous zones, including female, but not male, breasts, is an important government objective.

Let me field this one. If it important to the government to protect the public from traditional erogenous zones how does the government feel about modern zones? I Dream Of Jeannie got in trouble for showing Barbara Eden's belly button on national TV. Daisy Duke's hot pants were seriously hot. And nothing against Farrah Fawcett but watching Cheryl Ladd walk along side the pool in a white bikini can alter a teenager's life forever. I can testify.

Since we're talking about a legal matter here and exactness is important, is 1965 the dividing line between traditional and modern?
    Last edited by Foghorn; 04-10-2020 at 06:57 AM.

death rides a pale horse Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks
    its a Maryland Mob town. let them deal with it.
    sic semper tyrannis

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Hm. For some odd reason, your link won't open. Pretty sure it's at my end.

In any event - just going by the OP - GOOD. It's quite simple. Doesn't matter what size or shape you're in, it's called, "indecent exposure," and should remain as such.
    Nope. I couldn't open it either. I put the title in a search and found an article about it...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

2cent (04-10-2020)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Hm. For some odd reason, your link won't open. Pretty sure it's at my end.

In any event - just going by the OP - GOOD. It's quite simple. Doesn't matter what size or shape you're in, it's called, "indecent exposure," and should remain as such.
    I found out a couple of months ago, by accident, that Kansas is 1 of 7 states that allows women who have had a bi-lateral masectomy to go topless. I believe I'll pass though when the pool opens up, I believe I'd still feel naked without a top on...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

2cent (04-10-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher View Post
    I found out a couple of months ago, by accident, that Kansas is 1 of 7 states that allows women who have had a bi-lateral masectomy to go topless. I believe I'll pass though when the pool opens up, I believe I'd still feel naked without a top on...
    That didn't go by me, so when I say, "bless your heart" in this case, it doesn't come w/the Southern attachment, if'n ya know what I mean.

FWIW, I'd feel naked, too, and frankly, find that to be a dumb, unnecessary law. And when I think about it, as if pointing me out to the crowd. Certainly not the kind of attention I'd want.
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (04-10-2020),Molly Pitcher (04-14-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fortis View Post
    Itís constitutional for Ocean City to ban women from going topless in public, federal judge rules

http://Ocean City can ban women from...n differently.
    I lived in Maryland in the early to late 70's. At that time Ocean City ordinance said NOBODY could go topless. In my opinion that made for a much more pleasant view of the ocean. Who wants to see some 50 year old with "dicky-do" parading around the beach topless.

Explanation: Dicky do is the affliction shared by many men when their stomachs stick out further than their dicky do
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    I spent quite a lot of time on a nude beach in Hawaii and I have to objection to topless or nude on the beach. I also don't mind old farts being naked but unlike some of you I don't sit and stare at them. I prefer to notice the young and the healthy.

Thread Information