Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks

Murder charge dismissed in shooting of husband

-

Murder charge dismissed in Robert Lee shooting

John Tufts and Alana Edgin
    A Coke County woman has been cleared of a 2018 murder charge in the shooting death of her husband.

The court determined her claim of self-defense couldn’t be disproved by the prosecution, according to court records.

In June 2018, Jasmine Nichole Moreno was found in a kitchen pointing a gun at the body of her 30-year-old husband, Cisco Ray Moreno, according to an arrest affidavit.

The murder charge against her was dismissed March 20, 2020, in Coke County.

Several 911 calls were made on the evening of June 24 from residents who reported a shooting victim at a residence in the 800 block of Euel Street in Robert Lee, about 30 miles north of San Angelo.

Moreno was accused of shooting her husband multiple times, records state, telling investigators she had to cock the hammer back of the single action revolver with each successive round.

Read the rest: Go San Angelo

There’s a very telling quote in the article. I know you’ll ferret it out.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” — George Washington

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Big Dummy For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (04-04-2020),dinosaur (04-04-2020),Molly Pitcher (04-04-2020),Old Ridge Runner (04-05-2020),Rutabaga (04-04-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    In many Democrat areas they'd put her in prison. But not so much for killing her husband but for using a gun to kill him, and not being able to prove she had to do it.
    And they probably wouldn't put her in prison too long either.

The way Democrat areas think is completely foreign and alien, and I think many Conservatives (especially those not in Progressive Democrat areas) could not even begin to understand how they see things.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-04-2020),Conservative Libertarian (04-04-2020),Molly Pitcher (04-04-2020),Old Ridge Runner (04-05-2020)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Interesting. Like the article said Robert Lee is about 30 miles from where I live. I hadn't heard about it but then I don't watch tv or take the paper. It's huge that the deputy knew them on sight because that means that it was a ongoing thing. It didn't say but I assume that she was marked up in some way that would prove her story. I find it ODD that in a single room she could wound him that many times so I would guess that she wasn't trying to kill him at least at first.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-04-2020),Conservative Libertarian (04-04-2020)

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 88.0%

Thanks
    All sorts of inconsistencies in the reporting ...

1. She is being assaulted in the bedroom, but flees to the bedroom to retrieve a gun? Hmm, is the third party living with them in the 2nd bedroom?

2. This apparently was the third "assaultive episode" of the night? Hmm, I guess she was just plain worn out from all the wild sex and didn't want any more?

3. Several 911 calls about a dead body?? Who all was at this orgy? I guess two can be "several" but that is Ms Moreno and her other lover. So there is a dead body being reported to 911, but when the police arrive, Ms Moreno was standing over her dead husband pointing the gun at him? Well, it doesn't really saw POLICE found her pointing the gun, but somebody did.

4. Maybe not skilled, but determined. Dead men tell no tales, they say.

5. There were at least 3 prior domestics where police made reports. That's not good.

6. Little brother sure talks kindly of sis-in-law. He loves her and misses her. (dinosaur thinking about Hispanic culture and living conditions)

7. That third part of the threesome ... conveniently stays in the bedroom until the shooting is over. How kind of him/her to give the couple some private time together.

8. From what little I know about single action revolvers, most are heavy and big. Not typical for self defense in a nightstand. For obvious reasons. Two in the chest, and one in the face? Ouch! Note to self ... when you see wifey pointing a big ass gun at you, duck and run!

What probably matters most is what is not mentioned. Who was the third party in the threesome? The question dinosaur has ... Is Jasmine living with that person now? Or does little bro need a new girlfriend?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-04-2020),Molly Pitcher (04-04-2020),Old Ridge Runner (04-05-2020)

Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    I have a Heritage Manufacturing single action 22. Its 10 oz heavier than my Taurus 85 38, with a weight of 32 oz and 9 oz heavier than my Walther PPK 22. It is only a 22 so not likely to be a one shot killer. Maybe that is what she shot him with. Does the article say the caliber? I guess I have to read it.
    "You can get a lot further with a kind word and a gun
    Then you can get with just a kind word"

"Al Capone"

Thanks
    According to the little brother Cisco was full of life, he liked to laugh a lot and take long walks in the desert. He was going to start college in the fall.

If he really loved his wife why was he trying to force her into a threesome? Was the third party male or female?

"Al Capone"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-04-2020)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion EnderMaster TaggerUser with most referrersArm of Law
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    well who says he was trying to force her into a threesome?? only her word?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-04-2020),Conservative Libertarian (04-04-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    I predict #MeToo will overlook guns and just about anything else...............
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- Ronald Reagan

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-05-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    well who says he was trying to force her into a threesome?? only her word?
    Who says she shot him? Only her word.

"Al Capone"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-05-2020)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    I'm ashamed of everyone here. Not one of you thought the obvious......Did her husband know hillary?

After all if you know something about hillary's illegal dealings you have a better chance of dying than a 100 year old with the virus.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-04-2020)

Thread Information