User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Media lies about chloroquine

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Hydroxychloroquine was approved for use in ..... 1955. I've been told by vets they were using it sooner during the Korean war. The WHO lists it as an ESSSENTIAL medicine. And now governors claim to know better than doctors whether it should be used for treatment?!?!? Every governor who has denied the doctors in their states to use it should be charged with murder.........but of couse, we know Dems will never hold another Dem's feet to the fire.

Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), sold under the brand name Plaquenil among others, is a medication used to prevent and treat malaria in areas where malaria remains sensitive to chloroquine.[2] Other uses include treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and porphyria cutanea tarda.[2] It is taken by mouth.[2] It is also being studied as an experimental treatment for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).[3][4]

Common side effects include vomiting, headache, changes in vision, and muscle weakness.[2] Severe side effects may include allergic reactions.[2] Although all risk cannot be excluded, it remains a treatment for rheumatic disease during pregnancy.[5] Hydroxychloroquine is in the antimalarial and 4-aminoquinoline families of medication.[2]

Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.[6] In 2017, it was the 128th-most-prescribed medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.[7]

Medical use

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatic disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, porphyria cutanea tarda, and Q fever, and certain types of malaria.[2] It is considered the first line treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus.[8] Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases require different or additional medication.[2]

It is widely used to treat primary Sjögren syndrome, but has not been shown to be effective.[9] Hydroxychloroquine is widely used in the treatment of post-Lyme arthritis. It may have both an anti-spirochaete activity and an anti-inflammatory activity, similar to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.[10]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molly Pitcher For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-04-2020),Captain Kirk! (04-04-2020)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Is there anything the media doesn't lie about?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morning Star For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (04-04-2020),Molly Pitcher (04-05-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    I don't want reporters or bureaucrats to decide what medications we use how and where. Let the doctors handle that. They are trained for it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fmw For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (04-06-2020),Molly Pitcher (04-05-2020)

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    And Cuomo has so far refused to lift his ban on the drug, in NYC. How many people will die because of that ban?
    Yes, I suspect a lot of people will die because of Cuomos ban on the drug. And not only has he banned it, he has actually sent people out and confiscated all the hydrochloriqine from the pharmacies. Pharmacists now concerned because they can't fill the on label prescription for the patients with lupus for example.

I don't understand why Cuomo has take the authority away from a patient and doctor to make their decision on treatment. It is unconscionable as far as I'm concerned.

There is absolutely NO reason why Cuomo should be preventing physicians from prescribing the FDA approved hydrochloriqine off label as it is typical common practice to prescribe off label medications when decided by a physician and patient. Cuomo does not need to control who lives and dies or what medication is or is not allowed to cure coronavirus patients. So do your trial and say it is not a proven cure while the doctors continue to use their medical expertise to save lives. Doctors didn't go to medical school to wait around to hear Cuomo tell them how to treat their patients.

Being I'm here in one of the hot spots, I'm concerned that I will be left to die without the option of taking hydrochloriqine, (which I believe would save my life), because Cuomo decided that he'd rather see me dead than give up control.
    Last edited by msc; 04-05-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    Can't we all just get along!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msc For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (04-06-2020),Molly Pitcher (04-05-2020)

VIP - vi et animo V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    Way back before i was a member here i said on a forum that the MSM is the new Pravda, most didn't agree with me.
    Last edited by fortis; 04-05-2020 at 03:37 PM.

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fortis For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (04-05-2020)

running down a dream V.I.P Achievements:
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. You guys really think it's gonna treat a virus? I don't.
    Donald Trump is the last firewall between us and the cesspool called Washington - James Woods.

Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless terrier View Post
    Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. You guys really think it's gonna treat a virus? I don't.
    Okay, you don't, and I don't believe that anyone is proposing to force you to take a medication you don't believe in. I have no problem with anyone who believes it wouldn't help them and would choose not to take it. My problem is with people who want to choose for me.

I've been listening to and researching doctors opinions on the effectiveness of the medication in relation to the corona virus and that has led me to believe there is a greater chance that it will help. So I would like the option to take it if I become infected with Corona, if my physician clears me of potential harm and writes a prescription for me.

Additionally I don't know you and am not familiar with your medical education or background. I am not a doctor, so when I make my medical decisions, the best I can do is to educate myself by collecting data from various doctors and trust in their medical knowledge. I do not trust in yours or any politicians.
    Last edited by msc; 04-06-2020 at 05:06 AM.
    Can't we all just get along!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to msc For This Useful Post:

Molly Pitcher (04-06-2020)

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Your never know. Take urea for example. It's a compound that is used in a lot of stuff, including eye drops. But it's also used to deice airport runways. Coumadin is used as a blood thinner & a lot of people are on it (it used to be the standard). It's also used to kill rats & mice. You just never know.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Tex For This Useful Post:

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msc View Post
    Yes, I suspect a lot of people will die because of Cuomos ban on the drug. And not only has he banned it, he has actually sent people out and confiscated all the hydrochloriqine from the pharmacies. Pharmacists now concerned because they can't fill the on label prescription for the patients with lupus for example.

I don't understand why Cuomo has take the authority away from a patient and doctor to make their decision on treatment. It is unconscionable as far as I'm concerned.

There is absolutely NO reason why Cuomo should be preventing physicians from prescribing the FDA approved hydrochloriqine off label as it is typical common practice to prescribe off label medications when decided by a physician and patient. Cuomo does not need to control who lives and dies or what medication is or is not allowed to cure coronavirus patients. So do your trial and say it is not a proven cure while the doctors continue to use their medical expertise to save lives. Doctors didn't go to medical school to wait around to hear Cuomo tell them how to treat their patients.

Being I'm here in one of the hot spots, I'm concerned that I will be left to die without the option of taking hydrochloriqine, (which I believe would save my life), because Cuomo decided that he'd rather see me dead than give up control.
    Cuomo decision was based on because Trump and nothing else

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillofbeans For This Useful Post:

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Not the virus........but, yes to SYMPTOMS. Which is what most medications do.

Thread Information