User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it time for Big Cities to reinvent themselves to protect us all?

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks

Is it time for Big Cities to reinvent themselves to protect us all?

Let's face it when a significantly more dangerous virus gets lose it will get to NYC, Chicago, LA, London and so on. Then it will rip through those cities and be in the rest of our laps before we knew what hit us.

1)NYC did not shut down passenger air travel in and out of NYC nearly quickly enough if they did at all.
    2)Cities this size are so over crowded that massive, quick transmission is a given.
    3) Cuomo who was telling people they couldn't work, open their business, sit down to a dinner out or even congregate thought a lock down of the germ capital of the state was "unconstitutional" ( all that shit is unconstitutional, it's a state of emergency) and threatened to sue RI for trying to keep NYC types out. Not exactly concerned with the virus getting out and we could run into this again, as few can deny that ego was in play.
    4) These cities are so congested and dependent that many people can't shop for food, get medical care or get to work without Public Transit. But, But, But they wiped high touch subway surfaces down TWICE a day instead of once. Which totally changes the virus heaven that subways are. They cannot function without "congregation"

These cities could quite literally bring massive death upon us. The first step could be to stop further over crowding in these places.

Thanks
    I guess what I'm saying is cities have to change for many reasons. Including surviving the real killer virus yet to come. There is no need for mega cities to be where they are or this dense.

Green eyed monster V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocialTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is cities have to change for many reasons. Including surviving the real killer virus yet to come. There is no need for mega cities to be where they are or this dense.
    Exactly!

London has been ravaged by the virus because of one major thing. The network tube transport system, people crammed in like sardines, a breeding ground for the virus.
    Commuters have no other way to get across London, it was designed for mass transport, unfortunately people in great numbers are dying here because of it.
    RIP Wes.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-06-2020),Foghorn (04-06-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Exactly!

London has been ravaged by the virus because of one major thing. The network tube transport system, people crammed in like sardines, a breeding ground for the virus.
    Commuters have no other way to get across London, it was designed for mass transport, unfortunately people in great numbers are dying here because of it.
    Similar in NYC. No viable way for people to get around without spreading the virus. Planes in and out well into late March, maybe still. Territorial omnivores are not meant to be stacked on top of each other to begin with. And now we know what the real consequences could be.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    As Hank Williams Jr sang "Just send me to hell or New York City, it would it would be 'bout the same to me".

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbslws For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-06-2020),Foghorn (04-06-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    A few questions:

A. Where does the Constitution say it all goes out the window is the politicians declare a "state of emergency"? I have a feeling we will be looking at a permanent state of emergency so the government can have absolute and total control.
    B. What happens when we find out that ordering people not to work, prohibiting people from leaving their homes, and going trillions farther in debt was a total waste of time?
    C. Is criminalizing going to work or talking with your neighbor a Democrat wet-dream or what?

You know what I haven't heard? I haven't heard any of the big cities have been cracking down on whores. I'll be they're still working.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-09-2020),Foghorn (04-06-2020)

Green eyed monster V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocialTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    The sad fact is; the virus takes 5 to 15 days to appear, so the people dying were infected 2 weeks ago, the people we see out in the sunshine enjoying themselves this weekend we will be seeing in the statistics in treble figures we are seeing now.
    RIP Wes.

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    220130_5_.png

At the beginning of the month, 93% of all cases in the United States were in Democrat-controlled states, with the remaining 7% of cases being in Republican-controlled states. However, the last three weeks of March demonstrate that the situation has reached some sort of stabilization around 80% and 20% for Democrat-controlled and Republican-controlled states, respectively. In other words, the 4-to-1 ratio has existed for the last three weeks, and this distribution is remarkably stable. Before the second week of March, the data was incomplete/sporadic.

Link - American Thinker

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Foghorn For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (04-15-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    The sad fact is; the virus takes 5 to 15 days to appear, so the people dying were infected 2 weeks ago, the people we see out in the sunshine enjoying themselves this weekend we will be seeing in the statistics in treble figures we are seeing now.
    I wish we were dealing with facts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    A few questions:

A. Where does the Constitution say it all goes out the window is the politicians declare a "state of emergency"? I have a feeling we will be looking at a permanent state of emergency so the government can have absolute and total control.
    B. What happens when we find out that ordering people not to work, prohibiting people from leaving their homes, and going trillions farther in debt was a total waste of time?
    C. Is criminalizing going to work or talking with your neighbor a Democrat wet-dream or what?

You know what I haven't heard? I haven't heard any of the big cities have been cracking down on whores. I'll be they're still working.
    D" , "R" or "I" doesn't matter anymore. We all have to work together when this is over to assure that our rights remain in tact. Divided we WILL fall.

1) We need clarification of what powers the governor/president do have in a state of emergency and educate the public.
    2) We damn well need to differentiate between EU's and emergency powers
    3) We need to let them know what we will or won't accept going forward. We may even need to get a definition.

If we fail to do so we are screwed. We need to let them know that this cannot be normalized. I personally feel that emergency powers need to be turned over to the legislative body one by one within a week where possible. Otherwise we get Coumo or a carbon copy on a power trip. Because there is ALWAYS a threat that can be marketed and become an excuse for this.

Thread Information