User Tag List

Thread: This will be tough!!!

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks

This will be tough!!!

Wednesday at midnight...the Queensland (QLD) and New South Wales (NSW) border will be closed for two weeks.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...3290f393692cde

Tomorrow, my neighbour and I will be using his pickup ute for two trips to get 700 litres of diesel, each trip. My own ute is still in the shop getting the body work, finished. I went to his place a bit ago in a mad panic...because...no fuel means no bulldozer work for two weeks!!! He's borrowed mine upon occasion...and...he's the guy doing the renovations on my place. No work means I can't pay him, either!

Where I live...I'm just across the NSW/QLD border in NSW. Basically, there is a spill-over of population from The Gold Coast into this far NE part of NSW (called Northern Rivers). From here...to Sydney (capital of NSW)...is 500 miles of not very much of anything. Times past...we've tried to extend the QLD border ten miles to encompass this part of Northern Rivers. Nope.

Here's a map. I'm just across the line into NSW...and...inland 10 miles at the foot of the Border Ranges.

https://www.queensland-australia.com...coast-map.html

This virus thing, blows.

I used to really like ducks.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (03-23-2020),Louise (03-23-2020),St James (03-23-2020)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Wednesday at midnight...the Queensland (QLD) and New South Wales (NSW) border will be closed for two weeks.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...3290f393692cde

Tomorrow, my neighbour and I will be using his pickup ute for two trips to get 700 litres of diesel, each trip. My own ute is still in the shop getting the body work, finished. I went to his place a bit ago in a mad panic...because...no fuel means no bulldozer work for two weeks!!! He's borrowed mine upon occasion...and...he's the guy doing the renovations on my place. No work means I can't pay him, either!

Where I live...I'm just across the NSW/QLD border in NSW. Basically, there is a spill-over of population from The Gold Coast into this far NE part of NSW (called Northern Rivers). From here...to Sydney (capital of NSW)...is 500 miles of not very much of anything. Times past...we've tried to extend the QLD border ten miles to encompass this part of Northern Rivers. Nope.

Here's a map. I'm just across the line into NSW...and...inland 10 miles at the foot of the Border Ranges.

https://www.queensland-australia.com...coast-map.html

This virus thing, blows.

There's always bartering............you can't get everything you want that way, but it takes the edge off not having cash on hand.
    Everything is on its way to somewhere
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to St James For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (03-23-2020)

death rides a pale horse Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 77.0%

Thanks
    why do you need to go that far away for diesel? genosee and wyoming doesnt haul it to the north? or are you doing the hauling yourself to keep the cost low?
    sic semper tyrannis

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    why do you need to go that far away for diesel? genosee and wyoming doesnt haul it to the north? or are you doing the hauling yourself to keep the cost low?
    Neither. Once a week I pick up 700 litres and tank it to wherever the job site happens to be. It's part of that day in town. I get my groceries...stuff at the mall...motor parts...general errands. There is no other place. Service stations won't let you fill a commercial tank...and...I have a bizz account at this place. The guy running the depot...lives across the state line. What about his job status, Thursday morning? This is a mess...and...it's COMMUNIST China's fault.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by St James View Post
    There's always bartering............you can't get everything you want that way, but it takes the edge off not having cash on hand.
    NSW is a well-populated...busy...state. I can get anything within the state but...nothing's close. I'm near the far northern corner. In from Byron.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

St James (03-24-2020)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredYour first Group

Thanks
    Neither. Once a week I pick up 700 litres and tank it to wherever the job site happens to be. It's part of that day in town. I get my groceries...stuff at the mall...motor parts...general errands. There is no other place. Service stations won't let you fill a commercial tank...and...I have a bizz account at this place. The guy running the depot...lives across the state line. What about his job status, Thursday morning? This is a mess...and...it's COMMUNIST China's fault.
    sic semper tyrannis

Thanks
    he can haul it to your site, cant he?
    sic semper tyrannis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jirqoadai View Post
    he can haul it to your site, cant he?
    It's a depot. You rack up and haul it...WAY cheaper. A trip...expressly for fuel...would be not worth the $200 savings but I tie in all my other "town stuff" along with it.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...veals-c-758578
    Last edited by Northern Rivers; 03-23-2020 at 05:28 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (03-28-2020)

Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

jirqoadai (03-28-2020)

Thread Information