User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do all Pets go to Heaven?

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 95.0%

Arizona most of the year, New Mexico, part.
    Thanks
    I'm counting on it.
    ~~Never Give Up Control, Live Life On Your Own Terms ~~
    ~~Walter White ~~

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abbey1 For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (03-23-2020),Madison (03-23-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-23-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    From what I have observed, I strongly suspect at least some animals have a soul. If some animals have a soul, it follows that likely all of them could.

It could be a different type of soul than a human soul, and there could be different tiers, or different levels. It might be like a spectrum without any clear cut-off. Some souls would be predestined for more responsibility than others.

This is all speculation of course.
    Last edited by kazenatsu; 03-23-2020 at 12:53 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (03-23-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-23-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 95.0%

Arizona most of the year, New Mexico, part.
    Thanks
    I hope they all remember me, they'll have been waiting a long time.
    ~~Never Give Up Control, Live Life On Your Own Terms ~~
    ~~Walter White ~~

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abbey1 For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (03-23-2020),Madison (03-23-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-23-2020)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    I don't know.

I don't know the nature of Heaven...if, and whether.

Here's an interesting read, if you like. Don't want to buy? Get it on e-book library loan.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven: Albom, Mitch: 9781401308582: Amazon.com: Books

Albom, who's a Jew, has his own concept...Heaven, a construct for the subject, with various items and peripherals which are not really there. It's complex, his idea, even though his story is somewhat pedestrian.

Me, I don't know.

Eric Clapton:

Never mind the revisionist video - that song was aimed at his very-young son, who fell through a window to his death. Someone made Clapton recast it for sex-and-sales; but I remember the story and the angst, in the pre-Ewe-Toob era.

Post Review / PM Disabled Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    cant be all pets. pit-bulls? siamese cats? snakes? birds? rats? turtles? mice?

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazenatsu View Post
    From what I have observed, I strongly suspect at least some animals have a soul. If some animals have a soul, it follows that likely all of them could.

It could be a different type of soul than a human soul, and there could be different tiers, or different levels. It might be like a spectrum without any clear cut-off. Some souls would be predestined for more responsibility than others.

This is all speculation of course.
    Even if they have souls I am still going to eat steak.
    Hard times create strong men.
    Strong men create good times.
    Good times create weak men.
    And, weak men create hard times.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retiredat50 For This Useful Post:

drifter106 (03-23-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-23-2020)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher View Post
    The Bible’s answer...

Sorry, there is no mention in the Bible of a pet heaven or dog heaven—and for good reason. Animals cannot take the steps needed to qualify for “the heavenly calling.” (Hebrews 3:1) These steps include taking in knowledge, exercising faith, and obeying God’s commands. (Matthew 19:17; John 3:16; 17:3) Only humans were created with the prospect of living forever.—Genesis 2:16, 17; 3:22, 23.

The Bible teaches that out of all the creatures on earth, only a limited number[144K] of humans will go to heaven. (Revelation 14:1, 3) They go there to rule as kings and priests with Jesus. (Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 5:9, 10) The vast majority of humans will be resurrected to life forever on a paradise earth.—Psalm 37:11, 29.
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 03-23-2020 at 05:41 AM.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    The Bible’s answer...

Sorry, there is no mention in the Bible of a pet heaven or dog heaven—and for good reason. Animals cannot take the steps needed to qualify for “the heavenly calling.” (Hebrews 3:1) These steps include taking in knowledge, exercising faith, and obeying God’s commands. (Matthew 19:17; John 3:16; 17:3) Only humans were created with the prospect of living forever.—Genesis 2:16, 17; 3:22, 23.

The Bible teaches that out of all the creatures on earth, only a limited number[144K] of humans will go to heaven. (Revelation 14:1, 3) They go there to rule as kings and priests with Jesus. (Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 5:9, 10) The vast majority of humans will be resurrected to life forever on a paradise earth.—Psalm 37:11, 29.
    So...based on YOUR logic, babies and children would not be allowed into heaven either huh? There is the matter of DISCERNMENT. What an individual or animal is ABLE to decipher and how much based on their LEVEL of knowledge.

Alumni Member & VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    it aint heaven if they dont...
    "The nose, knows"
    #walkaway

"Drag them out and string them up!!!"
    @me...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (03-23-2020),Molly Pitcher (03-23-2020)

VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Pitcher View Post
    So...based on YOUR logic, babies and children would not be allowed into heaven either huh? There is the matter of DISCERNMENT. What an individual or animal is ABLE to decipher and how much based on their LEVEL of knowledge.

Molly, concerning my above post, that's not my logic at work, but scripture. Please read it again, especially the latter part.

However, among those reported in the Bible as having been resurrected were children. The daughter of Jairus, who lived in Galilee, was about twelve years of age; Jesus brought her back to life. (Luke 8:42, 54, 55) The boys who were raised from the dead by the prophets Elijah and Elisha may have been older or younger. (1 Kings 17:20-23; 2 Kings 4:32-37) In view of these past resurrections of children, is it not right to expect that a large-scale resurrection of children will take place during Jesus’ rule as king? Most assuredly! We can be certain that whatever Jehovah God has purposed in this regard will be the just, wise and loving thing for all concerned.

The Bible reveals that by far the majority of mankind​—men, women and children—​will be raised from the dead. As the apostle Paul affirmed in his defense before Governor Felix: “I have hope toward God . . . that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) The “righteous” are those who lived in God’s favor. The “unrighteous” are the rest of mankind. But does that mean that every dead individual will have a resurrection? Nope, it does not.

THOSE WHO WILL NOT BE RESURRECTED

Certain ones have been judged by God as undeserving of a resurrection. Regarding those who in the present time refuse to submit to Christ’s rulership and fail to do good to his “brothers” on earth, the Bible says: “These will depart into everlasting cutting-off.” (Matthew 25:46) They will experience this everlasting cutting-off when Jesus Christ, along with his angelic forces, destroys all opposers of his righteous rule in the “great tribulation,” now near.

As indicated in my previous post, only a 144,000 will be resurrected to be in heaven with jesus as part of his ruler-ship over earth. The rest ("the great crowd") will be resurrected to a paradise earth forever!

Unfortunately, many churches of man have been dealing in fantasies, and misleading their congregations that when man dies he goes to heaven. A lot of this nonsense springs from mans faulty interpretations, church dogmas and doctrines.
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 03-23-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Thread Information