User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What if they close the liquor stores and we are all hermit shut-ins?

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ridge Runner View Post
    I haven't heard of the amount of money lost. But this is what you get when leftists are in charge.
    Yes, I get that. In PA that question would be considered politically insensitive by democrats.
    Last edited by Lummy; 03-21-2020 at 11:13 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (03-22-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    I am down to about a quarter fifth of Tequila. Will buy my normal two fifths when we go shopping. You would not believe how Tequila relieves pain.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lily View Post
    Donny needs to ease up on the scalpel.

Re the OP I had my supplies for what I thought would last me a month but they are diminishing. I might need to restock just a tad.
    Same here. We're probably good to go, but wouldn't surprise me if Mr. 2 picks up some more while in town today.

Here's the deal. Every Wed., truck pulls in to our favorite beer store full of beer that's a few months from being outdated. All kinds, and they sell it for $10 a case. Miller Light, (meh), Old Milwaukee, PBR (! haha @Daily Bread), my husband got stuck drinking the Coors, but I really like this stuff, Leinenkugel's. (Gotta be careful w/it though. It's high test.) Some others I might not've tried, but can't recall the names.

We must be VIP's there. One day one of the cashiers was in an aisle, and waves my husband over when he came in the door. "There's a guy over there checking out the sale beer, but we told him we couldn't sell it yet, so wait until leaves before buying any." LOL!

Hey, how many people pick up a carton of cigs and 7 cases of beer, then walk out the door w/spending only $120?

This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2cent For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (03-21-2020),NORAD (03-22-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    Pay for beer ! That's blasphemy @2cents. Last Sunday we had everyone over the house for corned beef and cabbage . Entrance into the DB restaurant was what it always is and in came a case of Guiness pub cans ( from one of my wealthier sons , 2cases of local IPAs ,from I don't know who, my other son brought a case of Smithwicks and some other Irish stuff that only shows up in March , and my favorite , my daughter brought me my PBRs . They all ate and got full and drank my good reds and Jamesons and other than a few Guiness being consumed all the beer is now mine for immediate consumption .
    That dream just ended because the wifey is in the kitchen getting lasagna together - which means they're all coming back tonight for a corona party .
    I hope they bring some wine .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

NORAD (03-22-2020)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    Oops
    She was I wasn't busy so I'm now going out to the Italian bakery for a few loaves of semolina bread if it's not too late .

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cent View Post
    Same here. We're probably good to go, but wouldn't surprise me if Mr. 2 picks up some more while in town today.

Here's the deal. Every Wed., truck pulls in to our favorite beer store full of beer that's a few months from being outdated. All kinds, and they sell it for $10 a case. Miller Light, (meh), Old Milwaukee, PBR (! haha @Daily Bread), my husband got stuck drinking the Coors, but I really like this stuff, Leinenkugel's. (Gotta be careful w/it though. It's high test.) Some others I might not've tried, but can't recall the names.

We must be VIP's there. One day one of the cashiers was in an aisle, and waves my husband over when he came in the door. "There's a guy over there checking out the sale beer, but we told him we couldn't sell it yet, so wait until leaves before buying any." LOL!

Hey, how many people pick up a carton of cigs and 7 cases of beer, then walk out the door w/spending only $120?

Reminds me of a deal I used to get, when I lived near Kent, Ohio. Little crossroads south of town - Brimfield.

There was an old-style IGA grocery in town, and they sold Blatz beer - brewed then by Heillman, who's since gone bust.

But...these were ultra cheap. They were bottled in bar-style long-neck bottles - obviously returnable bottles, and all of them returned once too often. And they were not to be returned, these bottles - this was 1988 or so, before all this mandatory deposits on bottles. Scuffed, chipped, painted labels worn.

But the beer was incredibly cheap - I think a case of those, sealed in industrial-grade cardboard, no fancy colorings, just the Blatz logo...was like, $7. Basically, the price of keg beer, in bottles.

I bought that a lot. Much more than I should have...
    Last edited by JustPassinThru; 03-21-2020 at 03:37 PM.

50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bread View Post
    Pay for beer ! That's blasphemy @2cents. Last Sunday we had everyone over the house for corned beef and cabbage . Entrance into the DB restaurant was what it always is and in came a case of Guiness pub cans ( from one of my wealthier sons , 2cases of local IPAs ,from I don't know who, my other son brought a case of Smithwicks and some other Irish stuff that only shows up in March , and my favorite , my daughter brought me my PBRs . They all ate and got full and drank my good reds and Jamesons and other than a few Guiness being consumed all the beer is now mine for immediate consumption .
    That dream just ended because the wifey is in the kitchen getting lasagna together - which means they're all coming back tonight for a corona party .
    I hope they bring some wine .
    Sounds about right, @Daily Bread! Sadly, we don't get company every day. However, standing rule that nobody crosses the state line w/o stopping at the beer store. (They wouldn't dare.)

Speaking of daring. What's this I hear about your wife making lasagna, and you not extending any invitations? Hmmmm???

IAC, mangia!
    This message has been hidden because CNN is on your ignore list.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
    It is difficult only for the others.
    It is the same when you are stupid.

Thread Information