User Tag List

Thread: Sin and Comfort stash?

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks

Sin and Comfort stash?

Anyone short on your go to comfort items? Bourbon, Coffee, Pot, icecream, twinkles, wine, beer, movies or any other items that make a bad month just fade away?

Yesterday I had to pick up some Cow Tails (candy) for the wife, she is not a sweet freak but loves those candies.

Being a prepper does not mean one has to suffer, once you have a good foundation (SWBBB) building a sin locker is a must.

A good idea when stocking your sin locker is to think of what your family members like and what is good for bartering.
    Come on you target for faraway laughter, Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..

Alumni Member Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Posting AwardDiscussion EnderMaster TaggerUser with most referrersArm of Law
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Do you think that those that don't have/the jealous, find out you're 'bartering' and they report you to the authorities as taking advantage of a catastrophe and you'll have your stuff confiscated and then you'd be jailed. or worse.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 03-17-2020 at 09:05 AM.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Do you think that those that don't have/the jealous, find out you're 'bartering' and they report you to the authorities as taking advantage of a catastrophe and you'll have your stuff confiscated and then you'd be jailed. or worse.
    Not worried. Bartering is not illegal and if you act like a dick showing off or blabbing about it you get what you deserve. Bartering for me is within a known network.
    Come on you target for faraway laughter, Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..

V.I.P V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    We are NOT preppers. On the other hand my wife was raised in MN. So that means that she is always prepared to have 6 ft snow drifts where you can't get out of the house (even here in Texas). So my guess is that we could survive at least 5 months without going to the store for staples. If we need more food than that, well I remember who had all of the elect a democrat signs in their yards so I should be able to find some food somewhere. (wink).

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Thanks
    We have plenty of weed. Thank you for your concern.

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocialTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
    Anyone short on your go to comfort items? Bourbon, Coffee, Pot, icecream, twinkles, wine, beer, movies or any other items that make a bad month just fade away?

Yesterday I had to pick up some Cow Tails (candy) for the wife, she is not a sweet freak but loves those candies.

Being a prepper does not mean one has to suffer, once you have a good foundation (SWBBB) building a sin locker is a must.

A good idea when stocking your sin locker is to think of what your family members like and what is good for bartering.
    my SO, who is also my exwife, loves her coffee. I got lots. beans and ground. I still have to repackage some in vacuum bags though. Some is in sealed #10 cans already though.

gotta keep my glucose low. But before I learned it was high, I stocked up (modestly) on granulated sugar, Steens pure cane syrup, and brer rabbit molasses.

sugar is also a preservative so it has multiple uses besides making things sweet. But... yeah, I've thought of bartering .
    Orange man MAGA
    Orange man strong

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I interpreted the context of the post to be .... when there are no authorities left.
    Orange man MAGA
    Orange man strong

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    by the way... regarding coffee:

If you are reliant on reverse osmosis water, bevsure to have some remineralization method, be it drops or rocks or alkaline filters. Coffee tastes like percolated sun dried elephant shit without some minerals in the water.
    Orange man MAGA
    Orange man strong

Thread Information