User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst guns for the apocalypse?

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    That guy in the video just likes plastic guns.

Who the hell would want to take a plastic gun into a long-term shit storm?
    That's why I'm going to get a CETME with Blonde wood to go with my Chinese type 56 "Spiker" AK
    Last edited by Gator Monroe; 03-02-2020 at 10:15 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (03-02-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    What is that short SKS? That looks cool.

Stamped AKs, even good ones, always leave me flat. They make me think that I would bend that flimsy safety lever on about day 2 of hard use, in addition to the safety action being awkward.

The SKS is another beast, altogether. When they recommenced importing such things in the late 90's, I went to an evil gunshow where a dealer had a 3ft tall and 7ft wide stack of boxed SKS rifles. Get this: they were $110 each...
    The stocks looked like the were carved in a rush by a guy with a rasp and it was covered in enough cosmoline to preserve a tank.

I bought one just for fun, and yes they ran a background check on me. The darn things go for $500 these days. I wish that I had bought a dozen.
    It is actually made of steel forgings and machined parts. The machined bolt looks like it was made by a 12 year old under forced labor. The stupid mag design was made by some masochistic jerk, but they work. The darn thing just keeps working. Ammo can be had on the cheap. I will admit it, I'm hooked on the SKS. It's lovable like a favorite hammer from your grandfather.

And don't even get me going on the Mossy 500. Cheap, aluminum, but it just keeps working...
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Gator Monroe (03-03-2020)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Having wood furniture is the soul of a rifle, a familiar feel to a old friend. Running a plastic synthetic sled has its place but it is not the real feel.
    Come on you target for faraway laughter, Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Toefoot For This Useful Post:

Gator Monroe (03-03-2020)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 39.0%

Thanks
    The SKS is a 1966 Arsenal 26 Chinese "Paratrooper" ,The Chinese AK is a "Bringback " war trophy (No import stamp ) entire Milled receiver type 56 "Spiker" front end with threads machined off of barrel to allow mating with a very hard to obtain Chinese AK Arsenal 26 front trunnion (There were really never any Chinese AK kits in US Market ) built upon a West Coast top AK Guru and builder Matt "Turbo" Yeeman of "My Guns" of Talent Oregon Type 56 Stamped Receiver . It is built with all real deal Chinese Poly Tech and Norinco AK parts by Matt . The Shotgun is a Mavberg (Early 90s Maverick 88 Riot 12 adorned with Vintage Mossberg Wood and tube/front slide parts and Police Sights and heat sheild )
    Last edited by Gator Monroe; 03-03-2020 at 10:27 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (03-03-2020),Physics Hunter (03-03-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    The SKS is a 1966 Arsenal 26 Chinese "Paratrooper" ,The Chinese AK is a "Bringback " war trophy (No import stamp ) entire Milled receiver type 56 "Spiker" front end with threads machined off of barrel to allow mating with a very hard to obtain Chinese AK Arsenal 26 front trunnion (There were really never any Chinese AK kits in US Market ) built upon a West Coast top AK Guru and builder Matt "Turbo" Yeeman of "My Guns" of Talent Oregon Type 56 Stamped Receiver . It is built with all real deal Chinese Poly Tech and Norinco AK parts by Matt . The Shotgun is a Mavberg (Early 90s Maverick 88 Riot 12 adorned with Vintage Mossberg Wood and tube/front slide parts and Police Sights and heat sheild )
    That SKS Paratrooper would be so cool with a folding skeleton stock.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thread Information