User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beitbart discussed Hollywood politics back in 2008-09.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Free Republic was good at research and investigating things, they broke some big stories over time. They were mentioned on TV news and in New York newspapers.

JimRob started on some kind of message boards in the early 90's, I forget the name now, and he was a programer and built the best HTML site I've ever seen.

I could post large 'table' graphics with connected music. I loved that site and guess you call 'common purpose' an echo site. Yes there were Moderators and NO vile language was allowed.

To us, finding and posting the real truth was more important than spending time arguing with people on other sites, which never solves anything nor changes anybody's minds.
    The "Free Republic" was credited for helping putting G.W. Bush into the White House.

Bush even invited Jim Robinson to the White House.

But Jim Robinson is a yes man.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to APACHERAT For This Useful Post:

potlatch (02-13-2020)

Truth Seeker, Alumni, V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    The "Free Republic" was credited for helping putting G.W. Bush into the White House.

Bush even invited Jim Robinson to the White House.

But Jim Robinson is a yes man.
    I was pro Bush too (Dubya), he was my Governor and I still like him and don't care what anyone says. He loved the Military.

We went through fights with JimRob every election and people would get banned, but he always supported our nominee in the end. He was rigid in his beliefs, not a yes man. I spent 15 years there and am still a member.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (02-13-2020),HawkTheSlayer (02-13-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    W was Socially Conservative / Fiscally Liberal which I could easily live with as opposed to the opposite .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

potlatch (02-13-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    I liked mama . I met her in Kennebunkport once ( well not a really " meet " but more of a nice smile while she was in town . She used to drive around in a green Caravan like an old grandma looking for a good sale on yarn . Great little NE town if you can ever get up to Maine on vac .
    ​Paladin Paladin Where Do You Roam

America's Enemy

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    W was Socially Conservative / Fiscally Liberal which I could easily live with as opposed to the opposite .
    Thank you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Gator Monroe (02-13-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    I was pro Bush too (Dubya), he was my Governor and I still like him and don't care what anyone says. He loved the Military.

We went through fights with JimRob every election and people would get banned, but he always supported our nominee in the end. He was rigid in his beliefs, not a yes man. I spent 15 years there and am still a member.
    APACHERAT is banned from the Free Republic.

I could come back using a different username but I have been using APACHERAT since 1995.

But I digress.

Not so ‘Free Republic’: The Shot Heard Around the Net
    The Conservative Voice ^ | Feb 11, 2005 | by William Gheen, President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    Posted on 2/11/2005, 10:55:36 AM by Jim Robinson

The shot heard around the Internet has been fired on FreeRepublic.com The owner Jim Robinson and his moderators have launched a sniper style purge against members that disagree with the President’s ‘guest worker’ amnesty or support more control of illegal immigration. Free Republic is an amazing tool for those looking for a good debate and news from around the country.

The problem for the administration of the site is that their creation is allowing the participants to learn that the Bush immigration record and plans are shockingly out of line with the views of most conservatives. The management’s answer to this conflict between the majority of conservatives and the influence of the White House on their Web site has become electronic executions and censorship.

Members and readers of Free Republic would be surprised to know that many members of their community have fallen silent on the discussions about illegal immigration lately because free speech is an illusion on FR.com. They are silent because they have been banned from the Web site without warning, cause, or explanation in most cases. For weeks the moderators have been suspending and banning new members that chimed in quickly on the immigration debates.

Now this trend has broadened as the first groups of long-term users were suspended or banned this past week. Although Robinson and his staff removed many members of the Free Republic community in the first few days of the purge, those that religiously support President Bush’s immigration plan, open borders and approve of public benefits for illegal aliens remain on the forum. Those that were banned were the members that wanted more done to control illegal immigration and a strict observance to the President’s Oath of Office.

source ->
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1341266/posts

11. The Following User Says Thank You to APACHERAT For This Useful Post:

potlatch (02-13-2020)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    APACHERAT is banned from the Free Republic.

I could come back using a different username but I have been using APACHERAT since 1995.

But I digress.

Not so ‘Free Republic’: The Shot Heard Around the Net
    The Conservative Voice ^ | Feb 11, 2005 | by William Gheen, President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    Posted on 2/11/2005, 10:55:36 AM by Jim Robinson

The shot heard around the Internet has been fired on FreeRepublic.com The owner Jim Robinson and his moderators have launched a sniper style purge against members that disagree with the President’s ‘guest worker’ amnesty or support more control of illegal immigration. Free Republic is an amazing tool for those looking for a good debate and news from around the country.

The problem for the administration of the site is that their creation is allowing the participants to learn that the Bush immigration record and plans are shockingly out of line with the views of most conservatives. The management’s answer to this conflict between the majority of conservatives and the influence of the White House on their Web site has become electronic executions and censorship.

Members and readers of Free Republic would be surprised to know that many members of their community have fallen silent on the discussions about illegal immigration lately because free speech is an illusion on FR.com. They are silent because they have been banned from the Web site without warning, cause, or explanation in most cases. For weeks the moderators have been suspending and banning new members that chimed in quickly on the immigration debates.

Now this trend has broadened as the first groups of long-term users were suspended or banned this past week. Although Robinson and his staff removed many members of the Free Republic community in the first few days of the purge, those that religiously support President Bush’s immigration plan, open borders and approve of public benefits for illegal aliens remain on the forum. Those that were banned were the members that wanted more done to control illegal immigration and a strict observance to the President’s Oath of Office.

source ->
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1341266/posts
    Yep, that was in 2005. He lives in California and wasn't against illegals at that time. But, illegals were more 'wet-backs' back then. Swimming across the river and it wasn't an epidemic like we've had now. No need to post this stuff because I've read and know all of it. You would have enjoyed 'the night of the long knives', hahaha.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    ... But there seems there are no liberals, progressive commies, Marxist, Lennionist, Maoist, or paid George Soros trolls or paid DNC trolls on this forum.
    They are here, at tPF, so-called "sister site" to this board. Have fun.
    Last edited by Lummy; 02-14-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    They are here, at tPF, so-called "sister site" to this board. Have fun.
    The tPF seems to be on life support.

Some months ago came across someones review of all of the political forums on the internet.
    Their biases, political leans of their members, traffick, the moderators, etc.

He mentioned the screwy moderators over on the DP.
    Mentioned that Trinity seemed to a very conservative.

And he pointed out that FNG's would likely get confused with the three forums with similar names, the PF, TPF and the tPF.

Just saying all political forums will experience an increase in traffic and membership participation starting this summer along with paid trolls.

Right after the general elections there will be a drop in traffic and members participation but will pick up in a couple of months later.

This was particularly true with the 2016 Presidential Elections. Everyone were completely burned out. And nobody saw Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) coming and would become a pandemic.

Most paid trolls seem to be paid by the DNC and George Soros.
    There's always more than a few Russian trolls and Ukrainian's too.

How much is a troll paid ?

One former paid troll for Hillary said it all depends how good of a troll you are.
    .10 cents, .25 cents, .50 cents or more for each post.

Starting a thread pays a little more.

If you are going to live in your mother's basement why not get paid for it.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Top tier paid web war room operatives are revered as hero’s ( but monetarily just as Campaign workers it varies wildly )

Thread Information