User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 49ers are embarrassing the Packers.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    UGGGHHH! That was painful for this Packer fan.

I never thought i'd say this about the Pack but they lack receivers . That's where the draft will go.

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    This is a first for me. Never knew anyone that admitted to being a 49ers fan!
    Was a 49'ers fan during the Joe Montana era, then he went to Kansas City solely to lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

Didn't come to pass, it was in the middle of Buffalo's four straight runs to the Super Bowl and the Bills took KC out in the AFC title game.

Forgot who Oakland's QB was when Buffalo went to their first SB, but they took out Warren Moon, Dan Marino, John Elway and Joe Montana enroute to the big game, then somehow played like crap in the big game.

Family all set up four years running for the SB, in the 90's, and got taken out by New York, Washington, and Dallas twice. Don't think financially there is any team that can keep it together in the future and make a four straight run, was an amazing achievement, but yea, I feel Packer fans pain. Green Bay, Giants, San Francisco, Seattle and Dallas seem to be the fan favorites of most NFL watchers.

So it's KC vs San Francisco, I like the Chiefs. Did watch a couple of Buffalo games this year, young upcoming team, but won't be seeing the Super Bowl, even though it is 10-miles to the stadium from my residence in Hollywood, Florida. We have all the big Super Bowl parties to work security at.

Know a couple of guys (who our company fired), who will be working stadium security, one of them was bragging about it to me last week, until I told him he would work his butt off at the Super Bowl. Lots of pressure at that game, know because I worked five of them. San Diego; Houston; Tampa; Detroit and Jacksonville. We also handled the Indy Colts the last time the SB was held in Miami, when New Orleans took them out.

But, no longer much of an NFL fan, as usual, penalties, not plays, decide most games and the protest movement in the league so disgusting I lost interest. We get the good stuff, the parties on South Beach, my ex-employees get the stadium for 18-30 days, nice payday, but damn hard work.

Stan
    Last edited by StanAtStanFan; 01-20-2020 at 08:46 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StanAtStanFan For This Useful Post:

Crusader (01-20-2020),Old Navy (01-20-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I never thought i'd say this about the Pack but they lack receivers . That's where the draft will go.
    Recievers? Did you see how both sides of their line got man handled by the 49ers, they need linemen on both sides of the ball much more then receivers.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StanAtStanFan View Post
    Was a 49'ers fan during the Joe Montana era, then he went to Kansas City solely to lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl.

Didn't come to pass, it was in the middle of Buffalo's four straight runs to the Super Bowl and the Bills took KC out in the AFC title game.

Forgot who Oakland's QB was when Buffalo went to their first SB, but they took out Warren Moon, Dan Marino, John Elway and Joe Montana enroute to the big game, then somehow played like crap in the big game.

Family all set up four years running for the SB, in the 90's, and got taken out by New York, Washington, and Dallas twice. Don't think financially there is any team that can keep it together in the future and make a four straight run, was an amazing achievement, but yea, I feel Packer fans pain. Green Bay, Giants, San Francisco, Seattle and Dallas seem to be the fan favorites of most NFL watchers.

So it's KC vs San Francisco, I like the Chiefs. Did watch a couple of Buffalo games this year, young upcoming team, but won't be seeing the Super Bowl, even though it is 10-miles to the stadium from my residence in Hollywood, Florida. We have all the big Super Bowl parties to work security at.

Know a couple of guys (who our company fired), who will be working stadium security, one of them was bragging about it to me last week, until I told him he would work his butt off at the Super Bowl. Lots of pressure at that game, know because I worked five of them. San Diego; Houston; Tampa; Detroit and Jacksonville. We also handled the Indy Colts the last time the SB was held in Miami, when New Orleans took them out.

But, no longer much of an NFL fan, as usual, penalties, not plays, decide most games and the protest movement in the league so disgusting I lost interest. We get the good stuff, the parties on South Beach, my ex-employees get the stadium for 18-30 days, nice payday, but damn hard work.

Stan
    My son quit watching because of the inconsistency in officiating , which as you say winds up picking winners and losers. As for me, I might have done the same but I'm an addict. Been an NFL fan most of my life.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    My son quit watching because of the inconsistency in officiating , which as you say winds up picking winners and losers. As for me, I might have done the same but I'm an addict. Been an NFL fan most of my life.
    I’ve always been a big baseball fan but was also an NFL fan, that is until the kneeling crap started. It turned my stomach and really soured me on the NFL, I don’t watch the regular season anymore but I have been watching the playoffs. I don’t spend any money on NFL products or wear any NFL gear anymore and probably never will.

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I’ve always been a big baseball fan but was also an NFL fan, that is until the kneeling crap started. It turned my stomach and really soured me on the NFL, I don’t watch the regular season anymore but I have been watching the playoffs. I don’t spend any money on NFL products or wear any NFL gear anymore and probably never will.
    The Houston Astros scandal probably would sour you on Major League Baseball also. They should take the World Series trophy away from them for their cheating and just mark the record book, Series not played for that year. Really screwed the Yankees and particularly the Dodgers. Cameras in the walls, hell, that was the old 1951 Leo D's trick as manager of the Giants when they won 26 of 28 games down the stretch to catch the Dodgers, and take the NL Pennant on Bobby Thompson's famous HR. Giant hitters knew every pitch coming before it was thrown.

The refs have given Seattle and New England a couple of championship's also, Bill Belichek is a talented cheat when it comes to the NFL so is Brady. Seems the NFL games, particularly the important ones with playoff implications always come down to 50-yard penalties in the closing seconds for pass interference, and holdings.

Long runs in the NFL have almost been eliminated by the minor holdings behind the play that didn't effect the play. The NFL dictates and scripts important games with the refs. Only college football seems to be exciting and the real thing. I have mostly lost interest in all sports over the years, because I work so many sporting events and see this garbage all of the time.

The NBA? When they went to three refs and six eyes watching the game, turned it into a foul shooting contest, that league's credibility went into the dumper. As for wearing sports apparel, if you drive to the baseball game, and wear a uniform and take a mitt with you - you are about mentally age 12. People should grow up, particularly angers me when I see grownups wrestling with children for foul balls. How many of those things make wonderful decorations gathering dust in your man caves - when they would bring years of joy to some little kid.

When I first started working part time at sporting events 20-years ago, was an usher for the Dolphins and the ex-Florida Marlins, playing in that cavernous Pro Player football stadium. Don't know how many times I saw the grow-up Dad's outfight the little kids for the foul balls, and hold them up in triumph, while some kid went back to his seat crying. Odds of catching a foul ball in MLB are almost a million to one, or whatever is the attendance, say, 25,000 in the stands, making it 25,000 to one.

I used to tell parents with a kid that if a foul ball came their way and they missed it, they should wait until the kid had to take a pee, then run up to the concession stand, where official game balls were sold ($6.99 then, $15.99 now), buy the ball, take it out of the box, and scuff it up on the concrete stadium steps. When their kid came back give it to them, and say they just missed it, but you got it and they would treasure the thing well into their 50's. Of course, you didn't tell them the story until they were about 40-years old themselves. Never wreck their dreams, they would rather have the foul ball then a brand new one out of a box.

Same thing applies at Disney World in Florida. You take a couple of kids there, they have a great time, and around 3:00pm you drag them back up to a food court area after a day in the hot sun, get them fed, watered and peed, then go ask the customer service representative and ask when the afternoon parade starts. Of course that information is posted all over the theme park in five languages, but you want human verification. It starts at 4:00pm if I remember correctly, on the red line which runs through the park. All the characters in costume must participate in that daily parade. Kids probably had a great time all day on the rides, but if they miss Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Goofy, while at Disney World because you didn't get them on the route line, they will bitch about it well into their 40's. Never wreck their dreams, even Santa's status - it might be true.

Stan
    Last edited by StanAtStanFan; 01-22-2020 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Observations Based On Experience

Thanks
    As far as the MLB scandal goes I couldnít care less, players and teams have been stealing sights since the beginning of baseball...ALL teams do it in one why or another. Itís part of the game, Astros took it too far and got caught. There are more teams doing the same type of thing, to me itís part of the game.
    Last edited by Crusader; 01-22-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Thread Information