User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Royal, Virginia asking BOS for a Militia

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks

Front Royal, Virginia asking BOS for a Militia

Warren Citizens Ask To Form Militia-Type Group
    By JOSH GULLYFor The Daily News-RecordFRONT ROYAL — Citizens have asked the Board of Supervisors to approve a resolution establishing a militia or similar armed organization bearing a different name, continuing the statewide trend of gun owner reaction to the General Assembly’s consideration of a package of gun control proposals.Sam Haun presented a proposed resolution to the Board of Supervisors last week, saying that “the reason that we brought this before you is because it is a constitutional right for us as citizens to have a militia.”This is on the heels of over 1,000 citizens packing E. Wilson Morrison Elementary School for a December public hearing in which the supervisors declared Warren County a “Second Amendment sanctuary.” Shenandoah County, along with other

localities throughout Virginia, has approved a similar resolution.
    Due to misconceptions of the word “militia,” Haun noted that “ we thought about calling it an organization.”“ Basically what we wanted to do is be able to help the community. We wanted to have trained personnel to be there to help with mass casualties if that were to happen. It would be kind of an auxiliary force for law enforcement,” he said.Resident Paul Aldrich said the need for a militia has arisen out of the “ Second Amendment mess that the state has created.” He agreed that the word “militia” can have negative connotations and perhaps it could be called “ a community group.”Warren County Sheriff Mark Butler noted that perhaps “auxiliary” is a better term than “ militia” because the latter can be unsettling for some people. He added that he has “no issues with it” but any members must be “ vetted completely” and “ for the

people,” not their personal agendas.
    “ We can get trained individuals that are background- checked thoroughly, to include polygraph and urinalysis, which everyone in the Sheriff ’s Office will be or has been,” Butler said.The resolution Haun presented to the supervisors notes that the Second Amendment states: “A well- regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”The resolution outlines a series of actions for the supervisors to adopt, including: • Funding concealed weapons training for residents, including firearms safety training in public schools.• Funding Reserve Officers’ Training Corps ( ROTC), Boy Scouts of America, and Girl Scouts of America programs.• Eliminate funding for enforcement of laws or regulations that unconstitutionally infringe upon law- abiding citizens’ right to keep and bear arms.Haun

noted that the county previously offered a $75 concealed carry course, but that is “ unacceptable” and it should be free.
    Butler noted that he just assumed office and that the office is already looking into initiating gun safety classes taught by members of the Sheriff’s Office.“Just give us time to get it implemented. But we’re looking to actually make our gun holders more safe, that’s what we’re looking to do, we’re not looking to take away rights, we’ll never take away rights,” Butler said.Resident Harold Baggarly was in favor of the militia being under the Sheriff’s Office, saying that Butler “is a good man” who can be responsible for vetting and supervising the militia.“ I’ll guarantee you he will take care of

it,” Baggarly said.
    Supervisors Chairman Walter Mabe said he is one of those people who do not necessarily like the word “militia.”“They are to protect us, I understand that, but it just brings on this whole image that maybe I’m afraid...I’m not afraid of anything...but I’m super concerned,” Mabe said.Mabe noted that there are “lots of questions” regarding the potential militia and there will be “lots of meetings before we even consider doing something like this.”He said those questions include: Who is running the militia? Who is training the militia? How are they being trained?“What certificates do they carry? Are they actually a group of people that’s walking around carrying guns?” he inquired.Mabe added that he is not necessarily opposed to a militia but “ there’s a lot of controls that have to be put in place and frankly, sitting here, we’re not ready for that.”Aldrich said that while “we all pray that we

never come to that day where we need it,” if things go wrong the group could “step in and help out.”
    Last edited by Garden House Queen; 01-14-2020 at 06:26 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garden House Queen For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (01-14-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-27-2020),riderboy (01-14-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Look how the successful ones did it in last 10 years ( There are answers to all those questions)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entrySocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Americans should not have to ask any local representatives for a Militia...but....this is where we're at in this Country. The BOS won't give their consent because they are gutless and the "Militia desire es" are afraid of being arrested and charged if they do form a Militia. Welcome to Bazaar-o-land right here in the good 'ol USA.....these days, the Constitution means nothing.
    Last edited by Garden House Queen; 01-14-2020 at 06:41 AM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Garden House Queen For This Useful Post:

Daily Bread (01-14-2020),Dr. Felix Birdbiter (01-14-2020),HawkTheSlayer (01-14-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-14-2020),Quark (01-14-2020)

Thanks
    Some states have legislated barriers to traditional Militia and its forming up & training legally ( luckily for me California was not one of those in the 2010 -2015 timeframe when the Northern California State Militia / California State Militia was at it’s peak)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gator Monroe For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (01-14-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-14-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden House Queen View Post
    Americans should not have to ask any local representatives for a Militia...but....this is where we're at in this Country. The BOS won't give their consent because they are gutless and the "Militia desire es" are afraid of being arrested and charged if they do form a Militia. Welcome to Bazaar-o-land right here in the good 'ol USA.....these days, the Constitution means nothing.
    You're right. Every jurisdiction in the country, local, state, and county should already have a set procedure for identifying eligible people, organizing and training them whether you call it a militia, posse, or auxiliary.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WildRose For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (01-14-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-14-2020)

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (01-14-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-27-2020),Quark (01-14-2020),WildRose (01-14-2020)

death rides a pale horse Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    its the militia that needs to oversee lawenforcement. NOT the other way around. and should that law enforcement not be able to carry out its mandates, then the local militias can spar while mustering their forces to deploy at the crisis areas.
    Last edited by jirqoadai; 01-14-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    sic semper tyrannis

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jirqoadai For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (01-27-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    I would not be surprised to see a march on the capitol. That is where they need to focus, and take some tar, a rail, and some feathers.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hillofbeans For This Useful Post:

Garden House Queen (01-14-2020),MisterVeritis (01-14-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-27-2020),Quark (01-14-2020)

Thanks
    It would be nice if some poster here who really cares about this subject posted up some of the real (not reverse devil’s Advocate opinion pieces by Militia haters ) of the California State Militia / Northern California State Militia from the 2011-2015 timeframe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    It would be nice if some poster here who really cares about this subject posted up some of the real (not reverse devil’s Advocate opinion pieces by Militia haters ) of the California State Militia / Northern California State Militia from the 2011-2015 timeframe
    Pretty please with calamari
    on top

Thread Information