User Tag List

Thread: Judge rules in favor of administration on family separations at border

VIP - vi et animo V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks

Judge rules in favor of administration on family separations at border

A U.S. judge ruled the Trump administration acted within its authority when it separated more than 900 children from their parents at the border after determining the parents to be unfit or dangerous.
    U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw’s ruling rejected the American Civil Liberties Union’s (ACLU) claims that the administration was returning to the previously condemned policies of widespread child separation by using minor criminal history as criteria to separate families.
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court...separations-at

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fortis For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (01-14-2020),Garden House Queen (01-14-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-14-2020),Rickity Plumber (01-14-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    This pisses AOC right the hell off!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Abbey1 (01-17-2020),Conservative Libertarian (01-14-2020),fortis (01-14-2020),Garden House Queen (01-14-2020),Northern Rivers (01-14-2020),Old Ridge Runner (01-14-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    May be wrong, but my understanding is the parents are free to leave any time (might require 2 weeks notice or something like that) and return to the Mexican side, with their children (I don't know), unless they have some reason to believe the children do not belong to the parents (but they're doing routine quick DNA tests now)

It's because the parents are demanding asylum, the border patrol can't legally dump them back in Mexico. So they remain in detention.

It's regrettable to separate the children from the parents, but in these high density detainment centers, it would be impractical and unsafe to put the children together with the adults. They don't have the budget or the facilities to have the individual privacy to allow family units. And in any case, warehousing males together with females could result in the potential for pregnancy, and all the complications that could bring.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (01-14-2020)

VIP - vi et animo V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickity plumber View Post
    this pisses aoc right the hell off!
    good!!!

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fortis For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (01-14-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazenatsu View Post
    May be wrong, but my understanding is the parents are free to leave any time (might require 2 weeks notice or something like that) and return to the Mexican side, with their children (I don't know), unless they have some reason to believe the children do not belong to the parents (but they're doing routine quick DNA tests now)

It's because the parents are demanding asylum, the border patrol can't legally dump them back in Mexico. So they remain in detention.

It's regrettable to separate the children from the parents, but in these high density detainment centers, it would be impractical and unsafe to put the children together with the adults. They don't have the budget or the facilities to have the individual privacy to allow family units. And in any case, warehousing males together with females could result in the potential for pregnancy, and all the complications that could bring.

Children in the same holding pen as MS13 thugs?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (01-14-2020),darroll (01-14-2020)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    Children in the same holding pen as MS13 thugs?
    Dinner is served

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JMWinPR For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (01-14-2020),darroll (01-14-2020),Rickity Plumber (01-14-2020)

VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    "minor criminal history" ??? If the Border Control can find a criminal history on undocumented illegal immigrants from a central american banana republic, you can bet it is anything but "minor". Mommy and Daddy both probably have MS13 tattoos on their necks.

What does the ACLU call "minor"? Mutilation? Rape? Murder? Oh, I get it, maybe these are the parents caught smuggling drugs across the border.

Good call, Judge Sabraw!
    Last edited by dinosaur; 01-14-2020 at 08:10 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

fortis (01-14-2020)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    "minor criminal history" ???
    Third world countries are not like the nanny-states in First World countries. They don't have the police manpower or resources to be dealing with minor criminal offenses. If one of them has a "minor criminal history" in a Third World country like Mexico, it is most likely at least a medium level of severity.
    The law enforcement system in Mexico couldn't give a crap about minor criminal acts, they have enough trouble as it is dealing with all the very serious crime. Heck, in many parts of Mexico you can't even get the police to investigate if one of your family members is murdered. It's a low priority for them, they are overwhelmed.

If they truly have a "minor criminal history", it is most likely because they snuck into the US before and broke the law there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Rickity Plumber (01-14-2020)

Thread Information