User Tag List

Thread: I just left McDonald's, LOL

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks

I just left McDonald's, LOL

The significance of it didn't dawn on me until I was almost there, and it was HER idea, so you'd (think) she's a keeper.

But alas, she's not my type, hard to believe I know, but the fact is I do have standards, low, but they're there.

I'm sure it's a complete reversal of the way I'm not their type and I get pissed at them.

She wasnt my type same as sometimes I'm not thier type, it's just the way it is, theres no changing the parameters of that, but I'm still gonna be nice to her and show her a Snickerdoodle of a time (it didnt taste bad, I usually dont do soft serve the machines dont get cleaned nearly as often as they should especially with 24 hr stores theres never a time they can just break them down and clean them).

Anyway I feel maybe 6 months older mentally now in this area having acted so adult and considerate, so thats a good thing. I'm figuring that puts me at somewhere around 23 in this area, no, I'll stretch it to 24 LOL.

Wiser Now will like this, I cant seem to get the mention in here I think it's because of the vids, but anyway as I'm almost there to pick her up, I see a crown of thorn Jesus on the back of a street sign with a one word statement, I'm trying to think of what it was right now it'll come to me as I'm about to fall asleep but it was to the effect of "submit" or "conform" or "follow me", I knew exactly what he was telling me, that I was working on my selfish desires and not my relationship with him, but I of course kept driving to pick her up anyway (I'm sure there's a sin in there somewhere ;-)

So I thought I had -ism's, she has a few more than me and you'd think that would make us simpatico, no, SINpatico LOL, but it's not to be.

I just feel good and normal right now and thats all I've ever been after, to be out doing normal things like normal people and appearing to fit in with society.

So I'll keep fishing and keeping everybody abreast if they care to look in on my therapy sessions, which is what these are in case you weren't aware, it's me talking about things I've never talked about before, not in any real fashion or length of time, no locker room talks with the teammates, I never had teammates, no coaching from dad he was MIA, my "friends" growing up only used my situation to get a good laugh, I wasn't gonna talk about it with them neither.

Even in AA as my thread today was talking about, theres some things that cant be talked about.

I'm not trying to get the violins going by saying all that, just explaining the roots of some of MY -ism's.

Last edited by Frankenvoter; 01-13-2020 at 11:14 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Brat (01-13-2020),Jen (01-14-2020),Lone Gunman (01-14-2020),Northern Rivers (01-14-2020),OneDumbBlonde (01-14-2020)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    We are the sum of our parts. The here and now arrived because of then and there.

Wabi sabi...imperfection rules.......
    I used to really like ducks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (01-14-2020)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    You keep talkin' and I'll keep listenin'!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:

Fossil nut/Alumni/VIP Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassRecommendation First Class1 year registeredCreated Album pictures
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    People are bitching about our McCD's on FB. They recently closed the lobby from open 24 hours to closed from 11PM to 5am. I dont know, they have been OK in my book. Just if you go in there at 2am, it takes forever. Only place in town for an insomniac to get food, asides from WalMart

Sitting at McDonald's 0/13/2020 it now 8:23 pm with my family ordered food and go to get Sweet Tea and the employee says their out and they don't have anymore and pretty much acted like it was to much of a bother to make more. We dine in most of the time and in the last several months the lobby has been dirty. So I get the cleaner to clean up my own table so we can eat. Tim Vowels your store has gone down hill.
    Yep, I'd wrap that in bacon! KEEP AMERICA GREAT, TRUMP 2020
    Report illegal aliens, call ICE @ 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kris P Bacon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ---

This movie is in my top 3, nothings a #1 with me, but there are "greats", this is one of them

I love this scene, I REALLY love this scene, putz got that intensity out of me when I heard he suggested she buy crack. I didn't touch him, but he knew something like this was next

"You got a problem with me helping girls who are in trouble?!?"

"I've got something for you to do"

I know DeNiro has become a total asshole but I like his role in this movie

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    My input - and it's free, and worth just that.

Comes a time when it's just not worth it. It's pointless. Literally...you're not going to have children at this point. You wouldn't have the patience - that's a young man's burden. What sex there is is going to be mediocre, and eventually dissipate.

People who get married in their fifties, typically are people who were married their whole adult lives, and need to replace the one they lost. They're of that habit. And since spouses aren't interchangeable, it seldom works smoothly.

For someone who's just not liking living alone...get a dog, and join a bowling league. The one is company, and the other can usually provide some camaraderie.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    My input - and it's free, and worth just that.

Comes a time when it's just not worth it. It's pointless. Literally...you're not going to have children at this point. You wouldn't have the patience - that's a young man's burden. What sex there is is going to be mediocre, and eventually dissipate.

People who get married in their fifties, typically are people who were married their whole adult lives, and need to replace the one they lost. They're of that habit. And since spouses aren't interchangeable, it seldom works smoothly.

For someone who's just not liking living alone...get a dog, and join a bowling league. The one is company, and the other can usually provide some camaraderie.

You sound as defeatist as I used to be when I was a drinker.

I like my odds these days and have a bit of hope because I HAVE odds these days, unlike the majority of my life up until now.

I have a dog, I'd do a bowling league but the thing of it is I've had enough guy friends in my life, I dont want any more guy friends, the chances are 3 of the 4 bowling people would have their GF with them while bowling, and who'd be the one alone?

Me, the very issue that caused me to start drinking in the first place.

I dont think that type of social interaction is going to help me, all it's going to do is put the issue that irritates me the most and makes me want to drink right in my face, same as what happened around here a month ago and set my head on fire.

I'm gonna find a bible study for tomorow night I think, I'm gonna try and find some artistic things like ceramics maybe where women congregate, so I appreciate the idea, but all bowling or a dart league or even a shooting club will do is put me around more guys to hang out with and I've had just about enough guys friends in my life, it actually irritates me these days when guys want to be friends with me, it makes me wonder what their angle is.

And, as of writing this letter, a message from Dawn (I love that name) popped in and she says "Hi", most awesome.

Now for coffee, then (most likely) a "we dont click", but I'll be hoping for a second date, I like having hope these days it's a gift from God, it seriously is, like I told Calypso I used to drink to be happy because I couldnt take the world sober. After I put my dog down I couldnt drink and be happy anymore, and so I couldnt take the world sober, I couldnt take it inebriated either.

It's the main reason I know I'm doing alot better these days, I'm generally happy, and I have hope, and hope is a good thing Red.

Last edited by Frankenvoter; 01-14-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks
    ---

I like this song, back when it was new it made me make the decision to join the army, there's the line in there "One road to happiness and it's calling your name", I was working in a warehouse and as hard as the labor was it primed me to think I could tackle basic training.

I know the song is about a relationship thats over, but in a lot of ways the relationship people have with drugs and alcohol is an exact paralell to a human dating or marraige relationship and when it ends, it has to end, and the two have to go thier seperate ways.

Thread Information