User Tag List

Thread: Latest polls indicate Conservative majority

Green eyed monster V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocialTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks

Latest polls indicate Conservative majority

WITH only a week left in the election campaign, five of Britain’s top pollsters have made their predictions about what’s going to happen next Thursday

The Conservatives have been ahead in every poll since the election was called.
    Two weeks ago, polling firm Opimium said they would smash Labour, putting the Tories on 47 per cent and Jeremy Corbyn’s party on just 28 per cent.
    Since then, however, their lead has tightened.
    The latest numbers from Savanta ComRes give the Tories just a 10 per cent lead over Labour.
    With seven days left, it’s still all up for grabs.
    https://apple.news/Ab9uIBBJzSd2oZjnBe8hf_A
    Last edited by Neo; 12-05-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    RIP Wes.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    So what happens if the Tories win?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    So what happens if the Tories win?
    Ye Gods!

RIP Wes.

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    A 10% lead is impressive. If the polls accurately reflect the voters choice, it appears as if Johnson is set to win.

Jim
    "Need" now means wanting someone else's (taxpayer) money. "Greed" means wanting to keep your own profit. "Compassion" is when a politician arranges the transfer. - Joseph Sobran

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jim Scott For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (12-05-2019),HawkTheSlayer (12-05-2019),Neo (12-05-2019)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 52.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Ye Gods!

Hey I'm not British so I don't know. We have only two parties over here and no parliament.

So again if the Tories win control what happens?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (12-05-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Split between Wakefield,England and Alicante,Spain,England and Alicante,Spain
    Thanks
    These polls have a history of not necessarily being accurate.nobody ever tells pollsters on the street a load of bollocks do they?
    If one party has no overall majority there will be a hung parliament and more of the same shit we've had for the last few years.
    Tories have promised first of all to deliver Brexit.Boris says he has a deal all sorted but I have never seen details of it.I'm suspicious that it will be brexit in name only not fact.Also,what will happen when the treaty of lisbon kicks in next year.
    If Labour win I think I will emigrate to the US.The leader is a lifetime marxist who detests the US,western values,Israel but admires terrorists and governments like Venezuela.
    Our politicians have been lying shits since the end of WW2 and have piecemeal sold off or given away our cultural heritage and encouraged uncontrolled immigration.At the same time restricting what I would consider free speech by political correctness and now by rampant "woke" attitudes.
    I honestly don't know who I will vote for or if I will vote at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Wheeler For This Useful Post:

Quark (12-05-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Hey I'm not British so I don't know. We have only two parties over here and no parliament.

So again if the Tories win control what happens?
    Ok... let’s just look at numbers. Say there are just 500 seats to win and the conservatives win 260 seats they have a majority.

But! If the conservatives win 240 seats and labour win 225 seats and the Liberal party win 25 seats the Labour Party ancvyhe Liberal party will control parliament without actually being in government, they will block Brexit... it’s not good.
    RIP Wes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Quark (12-05-2019)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Split between Wakefield,England and Alicante,Spain,England and Alicante,Spain
    Thanks
    The UK does not have proportional representation,it is first past the post.There are 653(?)constituencies and each party puts up a candidate to be elected.The one with the most votes wins the seat and represents his/her party in parliament.The party with the most seats forms the government but as Neo says,above,that party may be outnumbered by the seats of the other parties combined which is what has happened for the last few years.
    In addition,having won the most seats does not necessarily mean having more votes.Scotland is a good example having just under a million votes but winning35 seats(all in Scotland obviously) but UKIP with just under 500,000 votes won only 1 seat.It's the vagueries of our system.
    The Brexit vote in Feb.2016 was a referendum with only 2 choices.Leave won over Remain by 52% to 48%.The "establishment"and others were totally shocked that enough plebs,like me,had voted in this way and have been trying to overturn the result ever since using all kinds of trickery.
    This time next week i will know the result of the latest pantomime.Not one candidate has knocked on my door yet.I live in a 68% leave constituency but our MP has always voted to remain and is afraid to knock on doors and be told to fuck off by me and numerous others

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wheeler View Post
    The UK does not have proportional representation,it is first past the post.There are 653(?)constituencies and each party puts up a candidate to be elected.The one with the most votes wins the seat and represents his/her party in parliament.The party with the most seats forms the government but as Neo says,above,that party may be outnumbered by the seats of the other parties combined which is what has happened for the last few years.
    In addition,having won the most seats does not necessarily mean having more votes.Scotland is a good example having just under a million votes but winning35 seats(all in Scotland obviously) but UKIP with just under 500,000 votes won only 1 seat.It's the vagueries of our system.
    The Brexit vote in Feb.2016 was a referendum with only 2 choices.Leave won over Remain by 52% to 48%.The "establishment"and others were totally shocked that enough plebs,like me,had voted in this way and have been trying to overturn the result ever since using all kinds of trickery.
    This time next week i will know the result of the latest pantomime.Not one candidate has knocked on my door yet.I live in a 68% leave constituency but our MP has always voted to remain and is afraid to knock on doors and be told to fuck off by me and numerous others
    My fuck off is especially looking forward to a Liberal Democrat canvasser, although a Labour twat will do quite nicely.
    My area was 58.5 Leave 41.5 remain, quite emphatic vote that.
    RIP Wes.

Thanks
    Here is where you can find out who voted what at a glance.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/...esults/local/s
    RIP Wes.

Thread Information