Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seven Compelling Evidences Confirm the Bible is True

Banned Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks

Seven Compelling Evidences Confirm the Bible is True

https://answersingenesis.org/is-the-...bible-is-true/

First and foremost, we can know what the Bible says about itself (“internal evidences”), and then we can learn the most compelling corroborating evidences that confirm its claims (“external evidences”).

1. God’s Character
    2. Claims of Divine Authorship

3. Unity of the Bible

4. Fulfilled Prophecy

5. Scientific Accuracy

6. Archaeological Finds
    7. Life-Changing Power
    Last edited by ChemEngineer; 11-20-2019 at 07:50 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChemEngineer For This Useful Post:

S-N-A-F-U (12-16-2019),usfan (11-26-2019)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngineer View Post

First and foremost, we can know what the Bible says about itself (“internal evidences”), and then we can learn the most compelling corroborating evidences that confirm its claims (“external evidences”).

1. God’s Character

3. Unity of the Bible

4. Fulfilled Prophecy

5. Scientific Accuracy

6. Archaeological Finds
    7. Life-Changing Power

"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." (Rom.10:17) Maybe someday the poster will understand that and come to possess GENUINE faith of his own, instead of relying on supposed evidences to convince himself and others?
    "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

"I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance"
    (Amy Farrah Fowler)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

"For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

Alumni Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Posting AwardMaster TaggerArm of LawUser with most referrers
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    I don't think the poster's intent is to convince himself or others. We find it interesting and it is evidence that we are right in believing the way we do. Hopefully it will plant a seed in someone's mind and heart. If you don't like it, don't feel compelled to post in this topic.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 11-20-2019 at 11:08 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calypso Jones For This Useful Post:

Old Ridge Runner (11-21-2019),S-N-A-F-U (12-16-2019)

Alumni Member & VIP V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    As long as no one slings mud in the direction of science, I'm a happy camper.

And I'll stipulate the Bible is substantially correct in the entirety of its coverage. (As far as I'm concerned the details don't matter).

A political forum is an odd place to be evangelizing though, dontcha think? Just sayin...

It's ok, I told people I wouldn't challenge them in the religion forum. It's a larger concept though - religion is "belief" and a lot of politics is "belief" too, and at some level I have to look at religion the same way I look at politics - that is to say, I'm not going to jump in and push back unless there's an element of danger in the ideas that are being expressed.

Y'know, if some Islamist starts talking about killing infidels I'll jump in - for the same reason that liberals jump in when people start talking about climate change. It's because they're SCARED, they get an immediate gestalt that the end is near.

But I digress.

My observation is that church membership has been dropping off across the board. My take is, a lot of it has to do with the liberal politics that's being pushed through the institutions. People just don't want to hear that stuff on Sunday morning, they get it all during the week from every news channel and Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (11-21-2019),Quark (11-21-2019)

Social50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    As long as no one slings mud in the direction of science, I'm a happy camper.

And I'll stipulate the Bible is substantially correct in the entirety of its coverage. (As far as I'm concerned the details don't matter).

A political forum is an odd place to be evangelizing though, dontcha think? Just sayin...

It's ok, I told people I wouldn't challenge them in the religion forum. It's a larger concept though - religion is "belief" and a lot of politics is "belief" too, and at some level I have to look at religion the same way I look at politics - that is to say, I'm not going to jump in and push back unless there's an element of danger in the ideas that are being expressed.

Y'know, if some Islamist starts talking about killing infidels I'll jump in - for the same reason that liberals jump in when people start talking about climate change. It's because they're SCARED, they get an immediate gestalt that the end is near.

But I digress.

My observation is that church membership has been dropping off across the board. My take is, a lot of it has to do with the liberal politics that's being pushed through the institutions. People just don't want to hear that stuff on Sunday morning, they get it all during the week from every news channel and Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest.
    Why would it be an odd place, there is a forum for it on the board, and than there is the Constitution that promotes both religion and science, is that also odd?
    Humble yourself, for there is an enormous change coming.

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks

1. God’s Character

3. Unity of the Bible

4. Fulfilled Prophecy

5. Scientific Accuracy

6. Archaeological Finds
    7. Life-Changing Power
    "How can we help people believe that the Bible is true? The answer may be surprising to many. It is not by scientific, archaeological, or historical evidences, important though these may be in their proper place. It is not even by fulfilled prophecy!"

From your link there is no actual evidence, not scientific, not archaeological, nor historical. Does this mean the Bible's truth is not fact-based?

Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    "How can we help people believe that the Bible is true? The answer may be surprising to many. It is not by scientific, archaeological, or historical evidences, important though these may be in their proper place. It is not even by fulfilled prophecy!"

From your link there is no actual evidence, not scientific, not archaeological, nor historical. Does this mean the Bible's truth is not fact-based?
    I'm less concerned with the "level of" veracity of some text that was written two thousand years ago - and more concerned with what's happening TODAY.

God changed His character over the last few thousand years, have you noticed? First He was impetuous and capricious, He intervened directly in human affairs whenever He felt like it. He intervened against the cockroach worshippers on behalf of the Israelites, 7 times in 7 years.

Then we come to the New Testament, which is one of the few places in the Bible we find the word "only", as in only begotten Son, like this is only gonna happen once and it's all you get.

Then as far as we know God hasn't disrupted any natural laws in the last coupla thousand years, it's like He's kicking back waiting to see what will happen.

Somehow I don't think He's going to part the Red Sea and throw all the Democrats in it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (11-21-2019),Quark (11-21-2019)

V.I.P. V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks

1. God’s Character

3. Unity of the Bible

4. Fulfilled Prophecy

5. Scientific Accuracy

6. Archaeological Finds
    7. Life-Changing Power

with all due respect it sounds like you are using the book and it's authors to prove it's own "truth" rather than objective sourcing.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    It's sad that you think that nonsense is "evidence". You can't accept your faith as being sufficient.

Consider:
    "Not just God’s truthfulness but the whole gamut of His qualities convinces sinners about the truth of His Word. In fact, one of the most profound character traits of the Author of the Bible—love—is critical when we can testify about Him.God’s unique self-sacrificial love (agape in the original Greek) is unlike any love we experience in normal life. This love comes from God, and He wants sinners to see it in His followers, as part of our effective witness. “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows."

So, the god who sent Abraham up the mountain to kill his son is the god of love? The god who flooded the entire world and saved one family is the god of love? The god who turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for peeking as he destroyed her world is the god of love? The god who created the Garden of Eden and put an apple tree there knowing full well Adam and Eve would eat the fruit so he could banish them is the god of love? The god of love supposedly left Jesus hanging from a cross for three days because of you and he's the god of love? I'm not even going to talk about what happened with Job. That would be disgusting if it were true.

That's a god's character that you see as evidence of the proof of the Bible.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    It's sad that you think that nonsense is "evidence". You can't accept your faith as being sufficient.

Consider:
    "Not just God’s truthfulness but the whole gamut of His qualities convinces sinners about the truth of His Word. In fact, one of the most profound character traits of the Author of the Bible—love—is critical when we can testify about Him.God’s unique self-sacrificial love (agape in the original Greek) is unlike any love we experience in normal life. This love comes from God, and He wants sinners to see it in His followers, as part of our effective witness. “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows."

So, the god who sent Abraham up the mountain to kill his son is the god of love? The god who flooded the entire world and saved one family is the god of love? The god who turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for peeking as he destroyed her world is the god of love? The god who created the Garden of Eden and put an apple tree there knowing full well Adam and Eve would eat the fruit so he could banish them is the god of love? The god of love supposedly left Jesus hanging from a cross for three days because of you and he's the god of love? I'm not even going to talk about what happened with Job. That would be disgusting if it were true.

That's a god's character that you see as evidence of the proof of the Bible.

Your concept of "evidence" seems to go right along with the leftist Democrats concept of "evidence". Whatever nonsense you choose to believe is "evidence".

Thread Information