User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Toons 10/2/19

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pookie18 For This Useful Post:

Beachcomber (10-02-2019),DLLS (10-02-2019),Dr. Felix Birdbiter (10-02-2019),Hillofbeans (10-02-2019),JMWinPR (10-02-2019),Kris P Bacon (10-02-2019),Liberty Monkey (10-02-2019),Mainecoons (10-02-2019),MikeTx (10-02-2019),Old Ridge Runner (10-02-2019),riderboy (10-02-2019),wbslws (10-02-2019)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Thanks
    "Its not a debate, its an auction of other people's money" I was going to say priceless but its not really priceless is it. Its very true and will cost us all millions.
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    C&W 11/19/2014

C&Ca.jpg

C is the videographer who produced the revolution and the rest is history.

Last edited by Well Bonded; 10-02-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    "Its not a debate, its an auction of other people's money" I was going to say priceless but its not really priceless is it. Its very true and will cost us all millions.
    Moneyless? The Price Is Wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Bonded View Post
    C&W 11/19/2014

C&Ca.jpg

C is the videographer who produced the revolution and the rest is history.

Always liked Allen West!
    Last edited by pookie18; 10-02-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie18 View Post
    Always liked Allen West!
    West is a unique person, my son shadowed him while campaigning and shot a lot of video of his speeches, the one that stood out was shot at the Revolution Night club which had a standing room crowd, the place was packed.

After he edited the video I mixed in an audio track I pulled off of the board using a Tascam DR-100 and that audio combined with the ambiance of the camcorders microphone came out pretty good and gave it the sound of a large auditorium.

The video was uploaded to YouTube on October 21 2009 and within a few weeks had a million views, I was pushing out links of the video to every news director I had an address for, but it was largely ignored by media, as they where already sharpening their knives to attack Allen as being too radical to be elected to Congress, then I got a call from Tiffany Fazio who at the time was producing Hannity on FOX News, per our agreement I sold FOX a limited usage non-exclusive license and a few days later Hannity had West on his program.

Within three days the video hit almost two million views and West was bringing in roughly a dollar per view in donations, media, both local and national where running clips from the video to hammer home that West was too radical to serve in Congress and the more they beat that radical drum narrative the more money came for both West and our production company.

In the end he collected over two million in donations most of them $25 or less and they where flowing in from all over the U.S., his message in that speech resonated with middle class America and the Democrat incumbent Ron Klein was getting worried.

And with the money we brought in I paid off all of the equipment we purchased to form one of the first alternate media outlets in the U.S.

Then working outside of the West campaign we produced one 60 second and three 30 second commercials, one which really hit home detailed how Klein as an practicing attorney foreclosed on two elderly sisters, seventy eight and eighty one years old, essentially throwing them into to the streets, the spots hammered home how Klein was heartless, had no compassion for elderly people and is unfit to serve another term in Congress.

Klein's campaign manager called me after up and identifying himself I advised the call was being recorded (on the same Tascam DR-100) be began screaming every foul word in the book and declaring Klein was going to sue me into bankruptcy, later clips of the conversation where used to produce a fourth spot hammering home how Klein by the people he associated with was unfit to serve another term in Congress.

Klein lost the election as well as his Congressional retirement plan, he needed one more term to qualify for it and we ruined that plan and West went off to Congress.

Sadly the Republican Party of Florida screwed West out of a second term by redistricting him into an area where he had very little name recognition and for a lack of a better term a lily white population which was biased against black men.

To the best of my knowledge it was the first time in history where an alternative media outlet was making money promoting a politician from AdSense advertising, not from the politicians campaign coffers.

Rep. Allen West raises over $2 million in race for seat

9:39 p.m. Sunday, April 18, 2010 | Filed in: News

Republican Allen West has emerged as one of the nation's top congressional money magnets after collecting a jaw-dropping $838,450 in the first quarter of 2010 for his challenge of U.S. Rep. Ron Klein, D-Boca Raton. West has raised more than $2 million overall, much of it from national buzz generated by a viral YouTube video.
    Last edited by Well Bonded; 10-02-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    West is a unique person, my son shadowed him while campaigning and shot a lot of video of his speeches, the one that stood out was shot at the Revolution Night club which had a standing room crowd, the place was packed.

After he edited the video I mixed in an audio track I pulled off of the board using a Tascam DR-100 and that audio combined with the ambiance of the camcorders microphone came out pretty good and gave it the sound of a large auditorium.

The video was uploaded to YouTube on October 21 2009 and within a few weeks had a million views, I was pushing out links to the video to every news director I hade an address for, but it was largely ignored by media, as they where already sharpening their knives to attack Allen as being too radical to be elected to Congress, then I got a call from Tiffany Fazio who at the time was producing Hannity on FOX News, per our agreement I sold FOX a limited usage non-exclusive license and a few days later Hannity had West on his program.

Within three days the video hit almost two million views and West was bringing in roughly a dollar per view in donations, media, both local and national where running clips from the video to hammer home that West was too radical to serve in Congress and the more they beat that radical drum narrative the more money came for both West and our production company.

In the end he collected over two million in donations most of them $25 or less and they where flowing in from all over the U.S., his message in that speech resonated with middle class America and the Democrat incumbent Ron Klein was getting worried.

And with the money we brought in I paid off all of the equipment we purchased to form one of the first alternate media outlets in the U.S.

Then working outside of the West campaign we produced one 60 second and three 30 second commercials, one which really hit home detailed how Klein as an practicing attorney foreclosed on two elderly sisters, seventy eight and eighty one years old, essentially throwing them into to the streets, the spots hammered home how Klein was heartless, had no compassion for elderly people and is unfit to serve another term in Congress.

Klein's campaign manager called me after up and identifying himself I advised the call was being recorded (on the same Tascam DR-100) be began screaming every foul word in the book and declaring Klein was going to sue me into bankruptcy, later clips of the conversation where used to produce a fourth spot hammering home how Klein by the people he associated with was unfit to serve another term in Congress.

Klein lost the election as well as his Congressional retirement plan, he needed one more term to qualify for it and we ruined that plan and West went off to Congress.

Sadly the Republican Party of Florida screwed West out of a second term by redistricting him into an area where he had very little name recognition and for a lack of a better term a lily white population which was biased against black men.

To the best of my knowledge it was the first time in history where an alternative media outlet was making money promoting a politician from AdSense advertising, not from the politicians campaign coffers.

Rep. Allen West raises over $2 million in race for seat

9:39 p.m. Sunday, April 18, 2010 | Filed in: News

Republican Allen West has emerged as one of the nation's top congressional money magnets after collecting a jaw-dropping $838,450 in the first quarter of 2010 for his challenge of U.S. Rep. Ron Klein, D-Boca Raton. West has raised more than $2 million overall, much of it from national buzz generated by a viral YouTube video.
    Congrats to both you & your son for your good work!

The last I heard about West was this...

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08...ty-allen-west/

Honorary Alumni Member, RIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    It is 12:41 PM . . . Boy, am I ever late in reading @pookie18 toons today!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickity Plumber View Post
    It is 12:41 PM . . . Boy, am I ever late in reading @pookie18 toons today!
    That's OK, @Rickity Plumber, I anticipated your problem & didn't delete the thread...

Honorary Alumni Member, RIP V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks

T
    Wouldn't be Sun City Center, FL now would it? <my residency>

Sun City Center Fl Demographics

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Sun City Center Fl was:

• White: 95.30%
    • Black or African American: 3.27%
    • Other race: 0.60%
    • Two or more races: 0.37%
    • Asian: 0.23%
    • Native American: 0.16%
    • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.06%
    Last edited by Rickity Plumber; 10-02-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Thread Information