PDA

View Full Version : Irish Constitutional Amendment ‘Abolishing All Reference to Motherhood’?

DonGlock26
02-28-2024, 09:51 AM
Irish Bishops Protest Constitutional Amendment ‘Abolishing All Reference to Motherhood’

The Irish Catholic bishops have voiced united opposition to a proposed amendment that would eliminate all references to motherhood in the Constitution.

The proposed amendment “diminishes the unique importance of the relationship between marriage and family in the eyes of Society and State and is likely to lead to a weakening of the incentive for young people to marry,” the bishops said in a February 25 statement.

The so-called Care amendment “would have the effect of abolishing all reference to motherhood in the Constitution and leave unacknowledged the particular and incalculable societal contribution that mothers in the home have made and continue to make in Ireland,” they note.

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2024/02/28/irish-bishops-protest-constitutional-amendment-abolishing-all-reference-to-motherhood/

Have the Irish had enough of the insane Left yet?

FNguy
02-28-2024, 10:42 AM
That's the real “War on women”.

I know I've had enough of the Left's insanity :geez:

dinosaur
02-28-2024, 11:18 AM
Irish had enough? Doesn't sound like it. Not yet.

Did all the real Irish leave during the potato famine? I have a hard time understanding how a huge population of pissed off red-headed women hasn't gone in with mops and brooms to clean house. I grew up in a family of women with Irish ancestry. You don't want to look cross-eyed at up, unless you want to look cross-eyed permanently.

Physics Hunter
02-29-2024, 01:37 AM
They will love it when the immigrants try to close the bars...

Trinnity
02-29-2024, 07:05 AM
:smiley_ROFLMAO: