PDA

View Full Version : For Julian Assange the game is nearly up.

Neo
02-24-2024, 11:18 AM
https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/gettyimages-685313384.jpg?c=original

Jack Taylor/Getty Images
Julian Assange gestures while speaking to the media from the balcony of the Ecuadorian Embassy on May 19, 2017 in London.

LondonCNN —
Julian Assange (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/18/world/julian-assange-fast-facts/index.html)’s legal team returned to London’s High Court on Tuesday to fight for what could become his final attempt at avoiding extradition to the United States, where he is facing life in prison if convicted on espionage charges.
After a years-long battle, the 52-year-old WikiLeaks founder is down to his only remaining legal avenue (https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/uk/julian-assange-extradition-appeal-intl-gbr/index.html) in the British justice system and now just two UK High Court judgesstand between him and a possible flight across the Atlantic.
The two-day hearing will examine whether the embattled Australian should be granted leave to appeal a 2022 extradition decision (https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/uk/julian-assange-extradition-appeal-intl-gbr/index.html) made by former UK Home Secretary Priti Patel. If the court’s decision goes against Assange, he must be extradited within 28 days. However, his legal team is expected to apply to the European Court of Human Rights for an intervention to ground the flight through a rule 39 order.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/20/uk/julian-assange-extradition-appeal-ruling-review-intl-gbr/index.html

Whatever the verdict in the British court his defense will apply to the European human rights court and appeal, thus even more stalling in the inevitable deportation of this idiot.

TedintheShed
02-24-2024, 11:32 AM
https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/gettyimages-685313384.jpg?c=original

Jack Taylor/Getty Images
Julian Assange gestures while speaking to the media from the balcony of the Ecuadorian Embassy on May 19, 2017 in London.

LondonCNN —
Julian Assange (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/18/world/julian-assange-fast-facts/index.html)’s legal team returned to London’s High Court on Tuesday to fight for what could become his final attempt at avoiding extradition to the United States, where he is facing life in prison if convicted on espionage charges.
After a years-long battle, the 52-year-old WikiLeaks founder is down to his only remaining legal avenue (https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/uk/julian-assange-extradition-appeal-intl-gbr/index.html) in the British justice system and now just two UK High Court judgesstand between him and a possible flight across the Atlantic.
The two-day hearing will examine whether the embattled Australian should be granted leave to appeal a 2022 extradition decision (https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/uk/julian-assange-extradition-appeal-intl-gbr/index.html) made by former UK Home Secretary Priti Patel. If the court’s decision goes against Assange, he must be extradited within 28 days. However, his legal team is expected to apply to the European Court of Human Rights for an intervention to ground the flight through a rule 39 order.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/20/uk/julian-assange-extradition-appeal-ruling-review-intl-gbr/index.html

Whatever the verdict in the British court his defense will apply to the European human rights court and appeal, thus even more stalling in the inevitable deportation of this idiot.

It's unfortunate- the man is a hero for exposing American "war crimes" he the Colateral Murder video alone. He has had false charges leveled against him in non-related cases.

Neo
02-24-2024, 11:37 AM
Sweden dropped charges against him for sexual attacks on two women, it took too long for him to be brought to court...., so let's just say he is due for jail time in America.

Hillofbeans
02-24-2024, 11:38 AM
Not an idiot imo

Neo
02-24-2024, 11:42 AM
Not an idiot imo
Hmmm let's agree to disagree on this one. The way I see it, he and his mate Chelsea endangered active military personnel, it endangered British personnel as well, bringing that closer it indirectly endangered me and my family as well.

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 11:52 AM
Not an idiot imo

He's an Australian citizen and journalist that they want to imprison for indirectly exposing actual and factual truth.

As the defence team proved...nobody has died because of his indirect or direct actions.

No one. Not a soul. No CIA operatives were "exposed" and killed or even put to risk.

He embarrassed the big ugly and criminal Intel/Government machine behind the curtain, and, while some people obviously adore that big ugly and criminal Intel/Government machine behind the curtain...the fact is he exposed truth, and embarrassed the proverbial and very dangerous "them".

Neo
02-24-2024, 12:11 PM
He's an Australian citizen and journalist that they want to imprison for indirectly exposing actual and factual truth.

As the defence team proved...nobody has died because of his indirect or direct actions.

No one. Not a soul. No CIA operatives were "exposed" and killed or even put to risk.

He embarrassed the big ugly and criminal Intel/Government machine behind the curtain, and, while some people obviously adore that big ugly and criminal Intel/Government machine behind the curtain...the fact is he exposed truth, and embarrassed the proverbial and very dangerous "them".
No,No No...... what the Americans are doing is bringing to justice a hacker who published its secrets..... because that is what Assange is... a hacker. America is going to quite rightly jail him to show other hackers and military whistleblowers that it isn't wise to do that.

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 12:18 PM
No,No No...... what the Americans are doing is bringing to justice a hacker who published its secrets..... because that is what Assange is... a hacker. America is going to quite rightly jail him to show other hackers and military whistleblowers that it isn't wise to do that.

You mean the whistleblower rules and legislation that they set up...to produce whistleblowers to come out?

Outstandingly hilarious. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

And that doesn't include journalists. Journalists are journalists - with sources. Protected sources, which I might add - Assange despite the imprisonment and cruelty over 10 years now...has never revealed, given his stellar character and integrity.

Neo
02-24-2024, 12:22 PM
You mean the whistleblower rules and legislation that they set up...to produce whistleblowers to come out?

Outstandingly hilarious. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

And that doesn't include journalists. Journalists are journalists - with sources. Protected sources, which I might add - Assange despite the imprisonment and cruelty over 10 years now...has never revealed, given his stellar character and integrity.

Being Canadian you are bound to have liberal views. If I was a betting man I'd bet you voted Trudeau too... twice.

What Assange did wasn't journalism.

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 12:28 PM
Being Canadian you are bound to have liberal views. If I was a betting man I'd bet you voted Trudeau too... twice.

What Assange did wasn't journalism.

Let's just cut to the chase son. Name me all the people who died and/or been comprised by Julian Assange, directly or indirectly.

It's been over 10 years. Surely you must have a massive list for me to read.

I'll wait. Take your time. Grabbing another coffee.

old dog
02-24-2024, 12:34 PM

Assange is a journalist not a hacker. The Supreme Court in 1971 refused the government attempt to suppress The Pentagon Papers, 6-3.

Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government. And paramount among the responsibilities of a free press is the duty to prevent any part of the government from deceiving the people and sending them off to distant lands to die of foreign fevers and foreign shot and shell.
— Justice Black

Neo
02-24-2024, 12:35 PM
Let's just cut to the chase son. Name me all the people who died and/or been comprised by Julian Assange, directly or indirectly.

America was was/still is in a war with terror, at times like this you get behind the military, you don't try and weaken it. Being a patriotic sort I favour what America will do to this silly oik when they get their hands on him.... cos they surely will, I'm sure you will wring your hands and even sob a few genuine tears. Ah well.... carry on.

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 12:37 PM
America was was/still is in a war with terror, at times like this you get behind the military, you don't try and weaken it. Being a patriotic sort I favour what America will do to this silly oik when they get their hands on him.... cos they surely will, I'm sure you will wring your hands and even sob a few genuine tears. Ah well.... carry on.

So, nobody. No one. Not a soul.

Just like I stated.

Neo
02-24-2024, 12:42 PM

Just like I stated.
I'm sure somebody down the line lost a life and his livelihood from Assange bollock fuck up!

Neo
02-24-2024, 12:44 PM
Assange is a journalist not a hacker. The Supreme Court in 1971 refused the government attempt to suppress The Pentagon Papers, 6-3.
Assange was raised in several towns in Australia until his family settled in Melbourne (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne) in his mid-teens. He became involved in the hacker community (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_culture)and was convicted for hacking (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_hacker) in 1996. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 12:48 PM
I'm sure somebody down the line lost a life and his livelihood from Assange bollock fuck up!

Good golly. The prosecution team couldn't come up with any names either...after 10+ years of literally prepping for this showdown in court.

He's a journalist and protected. Nobody died or got exposed. Everyone knows I am not a liberal and despise Trudeau.

So what else you got?

Well Bonded
02-24-2024, 01:26 PM
And you take Wiki seriously?

I guess you don't know anyone can write a Wiki article and post it as factual and there are people out there who are stupid enough to think a Wiki article has any truth to it.

And so what if the guy was a hacker, a lot of people have done and some turn up some interesting information that people in high places don't like revealed.

Well Bonded
02-24-2024, 01:34 PM

The OP has zero names because there aren't any.

All Assange did was expose some very corrupt people in the US government and now more of the same want him back here so they can Epstein him. (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj_96u2zsSEAxUjLdAFHU4_DkIQFnoECCAQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FJeffre y_Epstein&usg=AOvVaw1lH-QrmHjPUMtwu6X2pAJz&opi=89978449)

12icer
02-24-2024, 01:41 PM
With the attitude that Assange is a criminal for equal justice to apply most of the top level officials in the oshitscumma administration are guilty of a much more and direct engagement and deserve execution.

After all funding the main sponsor of terrorist activities in the world and the FINANCIAL backer of almost all of the groups behind the scenes that support the enemies engaged in killing YOUR OWN soldiers is textbook TREASON, yet we still hear NOTHING about it even today.

Many more people have died worldwide because of the 1.7 Billon dollar multiple currency cash payment made by the oshitscumma regime on the 17th of January 2016 than everything any journalist has released except ER Murrow.

Well Bonded
02-24-2024, 01:42 PM
LondonCNN —

The court has ruled against him allowing him to be extradited.

The two-day hearing will examine whether the embattled Australian should be granted leave to appeal a 2022 extradition decision (https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/uk/julian-assange-extradition-appeal-intl-gbr/index.html) made by former UK Home Secretary Priti Patel. If the court’s decision goes against Assange, he must be extradited within 28 days. However, his legal team is expected to apply to the European Court of Human Rights for an intervention to ground the flight through a rule 39 order After the verdict in the British court his defense will apply to the European human rights court and appeal, thus even more stalling in the inevitable deportation of this idiot.

Which out of 61 cases appealed last year only one was considered worthy of being reviewed.

Assange is screwed.

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 03:50 PM
It's unfortunate- the man is a hero for exposing American "war crimes" he the Colateral Murder video alone. He has had false charges leveled against him in non-related cases.Not all of them, he didn't. HE redacted some...leaving things OUT. Why? Why not just let everything out? Who made him arbiter of the truth?

Saying that...he's been screwed over enough....:dontknow:

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 03:52 PM

He embarrassed the big ugly and criminal Intel/Government machine behind the curtain, and, while some people obviously adore that big ugly and criminal Intel/Government machine behind the curtain...the fact is he exposed truth, and embarrassed the proverbial and very dangerous "them".He did a 'pick and choose' of what to release.

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 03:54 PM
No,No No...... what the Americans are doing is bringing to justice a hacker who published its secrets..... because that is what Assange is... a hacker. America is going to quite rightly jail him to show other hackers and military whistleblowers that it isn't wise to do that.Kevin Rudd (if memory serves) was PM here at the time...and...Assange rat-bagged the very same administration that could have given him asylum right here at home.

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 04:01 PM

I'll wait. Take your time. Grabbing another coffee.The line was, he opened up agents and methods to discovery. IMFO, coming from the US government...sure...a person can believe that if they are a simpleton.

However...

WHY didn't he release 100% of everything????? Was he fearful of actually opening up agents and methods to discovery???? If that's the case...what Deep Secrets was he unaware of that he inadvertently spilled the beans, on? How could he know certain things beyond the end of his nose?

Again...it's because he was reticent to release EVERYTHING that has me off sides with him. He wasn't Secretary of State, was he?

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 04:04 PM

Just like I stated.How can you really know that? Isn't there a possibility that he tipped over the spy cart and, because of Deep Operations, who...or what...cannot be told????

THIS IS WHY people like him should stay out of usurping the role of Secretary of State.

Again...he's been screwed over enough. :dontknow:

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 04:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 04:06 PM
Good golly. The prosecution team couldn't come up with any names either...after 10+ years of literally prepping for this showdown in court.

He's a journalist and protected. Nobody died or got exposed. Everyone knows I am not a liberal and despise Trudeau.

So what else you got?How do you know? :thinking:

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 04:09 PM
The OP has zero names because there aren't any.

All Assange did was expose some very corrupt people in the US government and now more of the same want him back here so they can Epstein him. Yep...I agree. His big mistake was doing the dirty on the Aussie government...who just refused asylum afterward. Stupid move, I'd say.

Still...and I certainly want him released...but, what sticks with me is the HE DECIDED what we should know about...or...not know about. Now, THAT is bogus.

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 04:16 PM
With the attitude that Assange is a criminal for equal justice to apply most of the top level officials in the oshitscumma administration are guilty of a much more and direct engagement and deserve execution.

After all funding the main sponsor of terrorist activities in the world and the FINANCIAL backer of almost all of the groups behind the scenes that support the enemies engaged in killing YOUR OWN soldiers is textbook TREASON, yet we still hear NOTHING about it even today.

Many more people have died worldwide because of the 1.7 Billon dollar multiple currency cash payment made by the oshitscumma regime on the 17th of January 2016 than everything any journalist has released except ER Murrow.Yep. He should have spilled more beans than he did. That's my whole problem with it.

What's the saying???

Out of the novel, 'Lydia'...1786...by John Shebbaere: "To go off half-cocked."

London and Its Environs Described, 1761:

"Some arms taken at Bath in the year 1715, distinguished from all others in the Tower, by having what is called dog locks; that is, a kind of lock with a catch to prevent their going off at half-cock."

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 04:17 PM
Not all of them, he didn't. HE redacted some...leaving things OUT. Why? Why not just let everything out? Who made him arbiter of the truth?

Saying that...he's been screwed over enough....:dontknow:

The general consensus (from what I've heard) was he specifically redacted things that could lead to covers being blown etc. It's not like guys like Assange aren't tactically clever and aware to the perils awaiting them from exposing and embarrassing the most dangerous and corrupt force on the planet.

Tommy Robinson did similar things. He at some point (after his numerous imprisonments) took pictures of legally required (and absent) "notices" that have to be put up on judiciary hearings regarding his area of activism, prior to entering the courtroom.

Then when was in the courtroom, he specifically, tactically did not mention anything in that courtroom that had not already been covered <cough cough> legitimately in the past by the MSM.

Of course they changed the rules, or invented new ones...and he landed in prison yet again. He might of had it even worse than Assange. These "freedom loving" authorities moved him at different months long intervals (since there are laws about how long you can hold a prisoner in solitary confinement)...and after 3 months, moved him to different prison - so that they could reset that "solitary clock" and put him solitary confinement, again and again and again.

Not even getting into them putting him into most predominantly occupied Muslim prisons, in which he got beaten regularly by them...before they started the "solitary" routine. That's another whole "freedom loving nations" response to journalists.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this spectacular Julian Assange thread, but it might be important to put perspective of how certain authorities of the Western Civilization freedom loving nations - deal with journalists.

old dog
02-24-2024, 04:18 PM
How do you know? :thinking:

They've had years to find someone. Donald Trump is the most investigated man in history and they have bupkis on him too.

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 04:31 PM
The court has ruled against him allowing him to be extradited.

[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=cnn_sans_display][COLOR=#0C0C0C]

Which out of 61 cases appealed last year only one was considered worthy of being reviewed.

Assange is screwed.

Yes. He is royally screwed. Even his wife and his counsel have publicly stated how incredibly slim his chances are.

Authoritarian thugs, who have zero accountability and have been proven of their criminality...will get their way.

Neo
02-24-2024, 04:52 PM
For all the hand wringing libs out there... Assange is screwed. https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-charged-18-count-superseding-indictment

Brat
02-24-2024, 06:16 PM
I'm not a hand-wringing lib, but I like and expect folks to say what they really feel.

Neo
02-24-2024, 06:22 PM
I'm not a hand-wringing lib, but I like and expect folks to say what they really feel.

People should expect a penalty for their actions, of course Assange knew what he was doing, and he knew it as illegal and damaging to the US. Hiding behind the "I'm a journalist" bullshit doesn't give you a get out of jail card free.

I've been brought up to know " if I mess up I have to pay for it" or am I sending out the wrong messsge?

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 07:21 PM
The general consensus (from what I've heard) was he specifically redacted things that could lead to covers being blown etc. It's not like guys like Assange aren't tactically clever and aware to the perils awaiting them from exposing and embarrassing the most dangerous and corrupt force on the planet.

Tommy Robinson did similar things. He at some point (after his numerous imprisonments) took pictures of legally required (and absent) "notices" that have to be put up on judiciary hearings regarding his area of activism, prior to entering the courtroom.

Then when was in the courtroom, he specifically, tactically did not mention anything in that courtroom that had not already been covered <cough cough> legitimately in the past by the MSM.

Of course they changed the rules, or invented new ones...and he landed in prison yet again. He might of had it even worse than Assange. These "freedom loving" authorities moved him at different months long intervals (since there are laws about how long you can hold a prisoner in solitary confinement)...and after 3 months, moved him to different prison - so that they could reset that "solitary clock" and put him solitary confinement, again and again and again.

Not even getting into them putting him into most predominantly occupied Muslim prisons, in which he got beaten regularly by them...before they started the "solitary" routine. That's another whole "freedom loving nations" response to journalists.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this spectacular Julian Assange thread, but it might be important to put perspective of how certain authorities of the Western Civilization freedom loving nations - deal with journalists.What were the bookends on that shelf????

How'd he know where to begin and where to stop?

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 07:24 PM
They've had years to find someone. Donald Trump is the most investigated man in history and they have bupkis on him too.That's because he's innocent. Assange shouldn't have played Secretary of State. He opened a can of worms he found in Pandoras box.

12icer
02-24-2024, 07:59 PM
The fact is in the realm of human existence in the beginning Adam and Eve roamed the earth and were fine, along came the serpent and the serpent was want to control the actions of the Humans.

In the times of man after, the serpents amassed into governments for no other reason than to control the lives of men.

The serpent must stay hidden or die as mankind has found him to be an abject danger to their existence.

Whenever one is exposed, all of them rear their heads to find the one who exposed them and be sure he is dealt with by his own kind by the same methods they used in the beginning.

As already said,, Man can live without government, governments cannot live without men.

Assange was trying to tell the world things the political ruling class was doing behind our backs against us, maybe with the right changes we can do away with the bad old government and put in a Mother Theresa type world leader.

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 08:13 PM
What were the bookends on that shelf????

How'd he know where to begin and where to stop?

Were the bookshelves green or blue?

Did he stop at the point of the beginning?

Northern Rivers
02-24-2024, 09:07 PM
Were the bookshelves green or blue?

Did he stop at the point of the beginning?The big thing was the purloined video of people being shot to bits in Baghdad...two Reuters journalists...others, unarmed and appearing innocent at the time. I think that trans nutter...Chelsea Manning (not sure)...gave him the video. Consequently, a lot more anger was forced upon US troops...and...how many decided...because of that video...to acquiesce and join in on the murders?

Indeed, it was a clusterfuk...bad intel...horrible mistake but...that's the insanity of war. Assange made it way worse.

Assange COULD HAVE had the video released, anonymously...but...that was bad for business.

Al Jazeera comments:

WikiLeaks video - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaqY12VHFv4)

Canadianeye
02-24-2024, 09:20 PM
Producing smoke and mirrors only slows down the mantis, oriole and the robber. The cicada still gets eaten, as does the mantis and oriole...and the robber always wins when none are left to witness him.

Neo
02-25-2024, 03:10 AM
speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

kazenatsu
02-26-2024, 11:04 PM
Sweden dropped charges against him for sexual attacks on two women, it took too long for him to be brought to court...., so let's just say he is due for jail time in America.
I've read in great detail about the events that led to the "sexual violation" charges in Sweden. And it seems to me that, based on the details of the story and what Assange is actually alleged to have done, this is something that would be very unlikely to have been charged as a crime had it happened in most parts of the U.S.

He was technically not actually charged with "rape". That is a mistranslation.

Both of the women admitted to being in a sexual relationship with him, and even continued to sleep in bed with him after the alleged "violation" occurred.

This has more to do with the feminist attitudes in Sweden, which is super-progressive and goes after men for perceived microaggressions in the bedroom.

The two women only went to police in the first place after they found out that Assange had been sleeping with both of them. That was when they really got angry at him. They initially went to police to see if they could compel him to get an HIV test, and that is when a female prosecutor, after listening to their angry complaints about him, told the two that what Assange did in the bedroom could be charged as a crime.

Canadianeye
02-26-2024, 11:37 PM
I'd only disagree with progressive or super progressive, since that is only the thinnest of layers, like a scab, on a much deeper wound/infection.

What it really is all about in Sweden and other Western social democracy nations - is an activist judiciary, which, promotes the causes on Progressivism from that level.

They shouldn't be, but they have been compromised. It is not about the Constitution, law or even equal justice from an impartial judiciary - it is about being an activist judiciary to further the cause of a narrative of those in political power.

One of the many many things that requires a massive correction.

In any event, they want a journalist imprisoned, silenced or dead for what he forcibly exposed about them.

Neo
02-27-2024, 01:56 AM
Assange behaved like a schoolboy in a sweet shop with these women. On the whole women do not usually make allegations in the bedroom department without some deviance involved!