PDA

View Full Version : Britain has become a lawless country where good people have to live in fear

DonGlock26
01-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Britain has become a lawless country where good people have to live in fear

Like many in Britain, I know of more than one young person whose life has been cruelly extinguished in violent circumstances. My brother’s childhood friend Sven Badzak – an aspiring lawyer and son of a Tory activist – was murdered in 2021 in a case of mistaken identity on his way home from Waitrose after picking up orange juice for his mum. I remember him as a small child bursting into my bedroom when he came over to play, a cheeky and infectious ball of energy. Today he is the morbid subject of fascination in true crime podcasts. His murder was a surreal mixture of the psychopathic and the absurd. As they were sentenced, his killers lay down in the dock, cackled and booed at the judge as if he were a pantomime villain.

I’ll never forget morning assembly prayers alongside the equally ebullient Lewis Ghessen, either. I used to chuckle as he boomed “Our Father”, half-jokingly half-seriously, louder than anyone. At the age of 22, he would recite the Lord’s Prayer again while on the phone to the police just before being killed on impact by an express train on the tracks at Harrow and Wealdstone station. Before he died, he claimed he had been chased on to the line by phone muggers. Nobody has ever been held to account for his death.

We live in a country where politicians love to talk about “justice” – from human rights lawyer Sir Keir Starmer to Theresa May, the supposed slayer of “burning injustices”. With “liberty” the love language of the Right and “equality” the crusade of the Left, justice is just about the only unifying value left in our country. But like many, I have completely lost faith in British “justice”. Quite the contrary, ours feels more and more like a lawless country where there is no justice at all.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/britain-become-lawless-country-where-200036857.html

Sounds like the UK has become a "anarcho-tyranny".

Francis's term "anarcho-tyranny" refers to armed dictatorship without rule of law, or a Hegelian synthesis when the state tyrannically or oppressively regulates citizens' lives yet is unable or unwilling to enforce fundamental protective law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Francis_(writer)

teeceetx
01-23-2024, 09:21 AM
All of Western Civilization is falling before our eyes, and it seems few realize just how bad it is or will get.

Camp
01-23-2024, 09:36 AM
Moments like this I am thankful for the 2nd Amendment.

I can live with the law of the west again.

DonGlock26
01-23-2024, 09:46 AM

It would be an improvement.

Conservative Libertarian
01-23-2024, 10:25 AM

Under the old west system, it was brutal. However, the individual still had a chance at protecting themselves and the law was usually on their side when they did. It was the epitome of the old saying, 'An armed society is a polite society.'

mr claws
01-23-2024, 11:09 AM
Not to worry... Parliament, in keeping with their eternal quest to one-up OUR wayward colonial legislature's penchant for passing inane laws are on top of it, banning "scary looking machetes and knives"! Plain Jane machetes and knives are still good to go... for now. Read this for a feel of how far the Sceptered Isle has fallen, good laugh too! Ban on zombie-style knives fast-tracked by ministers after Idris Elba campaign (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ban-on-zombie-style-knives-fast-tracked-by-ministers-after-idris-elba-campaign/ar-BB1h7YnW?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=fc088e1eaa7544fea44673eda003648d&ei=11)

Big Wheeler
01-23-2024, 01:07 PM
UK politicians have been a disgrace since 1960 ish.The country my dad fought for and in which I spent my early years no longer exists.Our democracy no longer exists.The police have been emasculated.Justice applies more to those of us who drive cars than those who commit violent crimes.Everybody has heard of the multiple rapes etc.of white girls in several English towns by "predominantly pakistani men" perpetrated over many years and known to to local authorities and police who were afraid to rock the boat fearful of upsetting the local islamic population.There is now an epidemic of young males carrying and using machetes,zombie knives,etc.The vast majority are non whites but are rarely identified in the press.I live in an old mining town.This week there have been 3 drug related shootings and one youth carrying a machete chased off.Even low level anti social criminality by children aged from 9 - 13 or so is an epidemic.I have a home in Spain I prefer to live in but this is my wife's home town and there are friends she has known 70 years or more.

Neo
01-23-2024, 04:30 PM
It's called poverty, the 1% have all the money and we scrape by to heat and power our homes. Obviously the very poor will do what they have to to survive, if that means take.... they will take.

WarriorRob
01-23-2024, 05:20 PM
It's not much different over here in the Cities where you can't carry, the criminals own the streets and are armed to the teeth while law abiding citizens are unarmed, strange world we are living in.