PDA

View Full Version : Labour courts leading Republicans in readiness for Trump presidency

Moonie
01-20-2024, 10:15 PM
Labour courts leading Republicans in readiness for Trump presidency

Lammy leads charm offensive in case both parties end the year in government

Will Hazell, POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT and Tony Diver, (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/authors/t/tk-to/tony-diver/) US EDITOR, IN MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE20 January 2024

Labour is forging links with key Republicans in preparation for the potential return of Donald Trump to the White House.

The shadow foreign secretary David Lammy has held talks with the ex-secretary of state Muke Pompeo, while the influential conservative pollster Frank Luntz hosted Labour during a visit to Washington DC last year.

A senior Labour source said that the party was cultivating personal relationships to provide a “better understanding if we do get into government”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/20/labour-republicans-democrats-trump-lammy-luntz/

Moonie
01-20-2024, 10:17 PM
At least as a Briton living in America I can see the forthcoming chaos with an emotionally jaundiced eye.

Northern Rivers
01-21-2024, 05:42 PM
At least as a Briton living in America I can see the forthcoming chaos with an emotionally jaundiced eye.
.I concur. Same with me here in Oz.......

There is certainly one constant theme. People (90% bein' wimmin people) HATE The Donald "just because". No mention of any policy-related memes...just rancour. It's exasperating.....

Neo
01-21-2024, 06:04 PM
David Lammy, I wouldn't trust him to sell me a stamp.

Moonie
01-21-2024, 06:06 PM
Having been in the Army I have a cautious eye on leadership. Some people get there by connecting the dots.

Those that face difficulties (and mine were no worse than telling my superiors that they were wrong when I thought they were (which definitely doesn't do you any favours)) will not attain the rank deserved.

The Don is similarly placed (and I say that in association, not rank (obviously)).