PDA

View Full Version : 'It's retraumatising them': Refugees face homelessness

Neo
01-04-2024, 06:14 PM
Refugees are being forced into homelessness due to a worsening housing crisis, ITV News's North of England Correspondent Rachel Townsends reports
Hundreds of refugees are being evicted from their homes and forced into homelessness (https://www.itv.com/news/topic/homelessness)after being granted the right to live in the UK.
Working as a dentist in Sudan, Amal had a home and was happy. But civil war forced her to flee and after a two year wait, the Home Office (https://www.itv.com/news/politics) granted her leave to remain in the UK.
But with that came a notice of eviction from her shared house in Middlesbrough.
"I couldn't find a place so I was officially homeless," she told ITV News.
Amal described the hardest part of her experience as the "unknown future" and not knowing where she will be sleeping the following night.
She is one of hundreds of refugees all with a legal right to live in the UK, but with nowhere to go.
https://www.itv.com/news/2024-01-02/refugees-forced-into-homelessness-after-being-granted-right-to-live-in-uk
================================================== ======

The world has turned, economically no country can take in immigrants and asylum seekers, the tax burden especially in the U.K. is too high.
The immigrants and asylum seekers should be shown the door and encouraged to move to a country of their choice…not the U.K.

Neo
01-04-2024, 06:23 PM
Yesterday I talked to a Nigerian site security man, he has lived here for 10 years so he says. He told me if he’d known how hard it is to pay the bills just to live here in Essex he’d never have come.
Of course I told him the harsh realities, due to at least 500,000 people coming to live here by asylum, illegal and from the commonwealth countries the demand for houses, especially rented accommodation would double in the next five years, that’s a conservative amount.
The reason I told him this was rents have trebled in 2 years. In 3 years an extra 1.5 million people could come to the U.K., this could increase demand to somewhere exceeding Canada.
Its a reality the immigrants have no idea of what will befall them, basically they will become slaves…as if they didn’t already know that to the renter of housing.

Kodiak
01-04-2024, 06:36 PM
Yesterday I talked to a Nigerian site security man, he has lived here for 10 years so he says. He told me if he’d known how hard it is to pay the bills just to live here in Essex he’d never have come.

So what's stopping him from going back?

Trinnity
01-04-2024, 07:30 PM
bills

Jeb!
01-04-2024, 08:32 PM
The vermin can create their own UK inside of Sudan.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
01-04-2024, 11:02 PM
There is a lot of sadness in the world.

Physics Hunter
01-05-2024, 12:24 AM

Yeah, and the Libs (UK and US) are importing it by the millions!

ruthless terrier
01-05-2024, 12:38 AM

and also a lot of violence.

mr claws
01-05-2024, 05:46 AM
No problemo. They'll just build homes away from home. 73167

Gator Monroe
01-05-2024, 06:15 AM
It will be like Dr. Zhivago ( Housing the 30 + Million Illegals Visa Overstayers and Refugee who get in under Xiden )