PDA

View Full Version : Sunak Claims Success as Record 51,000 Migrants Granted Asylum in Britain Last Year

DonGlock26
01-02-2024, 09:55 AM
Rishi Sunak Claims Success as Record 51,000 Migrants Granted Asylum in Britain Last Year

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak lauded his government’s efforts to clear the backlog of asylum seeker applications while revealing that immigration officials granted a record-breaking number of migrants the right to remain in the country.

Britain’s Home Office cleared 112,000 asylum cases last year as it ramped up efforts to clear the backlog of undecided cases. There were 77,000 final decisions, with 51,469 migrants being granted asylum in the country. This represents the most asylum applications granted in history, far outpacing the previous high of 33,460 in 2002 under former Labour Prime Minister Tony Blair, GB News reports.

There are still around 99,000 migrants waiting on a decision for their asylum application, compared to 136,000 last year. The decline came as the government cleared the backlog of “legacy” claims — those made before the 28th of June in 2022 when new asylum laws came into place. There are still, however, around 4,500 “complex” legacy cases remaining on the books, which typically involve asylum seekers fraudulently claiming to be children or having previous criminal convictions.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/01/02/rishi-sunak-claims-success-as-record-51000-migrants-granted-asylum-in-britain-last-year/

The only hope for the UK is the Reform Party IMHO. Farage needs to take the helm and save his country.

Neo
01-02-2024, 11:13 AM
The only hope for the UK is the Reform Party IMHO. Farage needs to take the helm and save his country.
A lot of people would want that to happen, but not enough to put him in no10

Big Wheeler
01-02-2024, 12:03 PM
I've just renewed my passport at a cost of £75 ( 95 ish USD). In addition I've just learned that new electronic border controls will be introduced towards the end of 2024 to permit me to enter the Schengen area,me being a rebel Brit,requiring on line applications with photo i/d and fingerprint scanning.An inconvenience when travelling to my home in Spain.
On the other hand I could buy an inner tube and paddle out into the channel a few hundred yards,call the British emergency services and get picked up by the dover lifeboat or a "Border force"(stop laughing at the back)vessel our water bourne taxi service for aliens.Not forgotting to throw any i/d documents into the sea first,of course.
Of course I could roll up at the ferry office,tell them I've lost my papers.I'm sure those nice French border guys would wave me through.

Neo
01-02-2024, 12:22 PM
Big Wheeler Even at your age you could claim to be a juvenile and given first class accommodation with everything a foreign little Johnny could wish for.

Big Wheeler
01-02-2024, 06:27 PM
@Big Wheeler (https://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=4501) Even at your age you could claim to be a juvenile and given first class accommodation with everything a foreign little Johnny could wish for.
I'm glad to see someone acknowledge my youthful good looks.That's it then.A bit of lippy and away I go.

Neo
01-03-2024, 05:51 PM
Twas a very good performance from Richard Tice this evening on newsnight (BBC2) leader of Reform U.K.

He highlighted the incompetence of the conservatives and the immigrant loving New Labour Party…..he announced Reform U.K. will be putting forward a candidate in every constituency. :thumbsup20:

LongTermGuy
01-03-2024, 05:59 PM
I've just renewed my passport at a cost of £75 ( 95 ish USD). In addition I've just learned that new electronic border controls will be introduced towards the end of 2024 to permit me to enter the Schengen area,me being a rebel Brit,requiring on line applications with photo i/d and fingerprint scanning.An inconvenience when travelling to my home in Spain.
On the other hand I could buy an inner tube and paddle out into the channel a few hundred yards,call the British emergency services and get picked up by the dover lifeboat or a "Border force"(stop laughing at the back)vessel our water bourne taxi service for aliens.Not forgotting to throw any i/d documents into the sea first,of course.
Of course I could roll up at the ferry office,tell them I've lost my papers.I'm sure those nice French border guys would wave me through.
So true and well stated, shows the stupidity of Kum-by-Ya social, suicidal Diversity ....Makes me sick...

You want to live & save your Country Deport them all...24/7 non-stop....ya they will protest & bitch..be ready for it & do it...

Neo
01-03-2024, 06:32 PM
So true and well stated, shows the stupidity of Kum-by-Ya social, suicidal Diversity ....Makes me sick...

You want to live & save your Country Deport them all...24/7 non-stop....ya they will protest & bitch..be ready for it & do it...
“Vote for me, I’ll set you free”

It would take a landslide victory for Reform U.K. to implement a total U.K. mass deportation of illegals asylum seekers.

Big Wheeler
01-04-2024, 10:14 AM
If anyone wants to emigrate it's easy.Complete the paperwork and wait for a yes or no.Anyone who enters clandestinely destroying any i/d documents in the process is an illegal immigrant and therefore a criminal.Deportation should be immediate.Either that or imprisonment and then deportation.Where's the problem?

Neo
01-04-2024, 11:18 AM
If anyone wants to emigrate it's easy.Complete the paperwork and wait for a yes or no.Anyone who enters clandestinely destroying any i/d documents in the process is an illegal immigrant and therefore a criminal.Deportation should be immediate.Either that or imprisonment and then deportation.Where's the problem?

Spot on Big Wheeler bloke, that's exactly how I see it. :thumbsup20: