PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Mosque Has £2 Million Govt Grant Suspended over Shocking Islamist Sermons

DonGlock26
09-05-2023, 07:35 AM
Birmingham Mosque Has £2 Million Govt Grant Suspended over Shocking Islamist Sermons

A £2 million government grant to a controversial Mosque has been suspended amid outcry over extremist Islamist statements made by its imams including apparently advocating for stoning women to death for adultery and waging jihad against unbelievers.

Social Investment Business, which initially green-lit £2.2 million in taxpayer money to build a youth centre at the Green Lane Masjid and Community Centre in Birmingham, has blocked the delivery of the grant while investigations are held into allegations of radical rhetoric being spouted in the mosque.

Last month, footage emerged from a sermon from Zakaullah Saleem, the mosque’s head Imam, appearing to show the Sheikh telling worshippers that women found guilty of adultery should be buried in the ground up to their waist in order to “protect her modesty” and then stoned to death, the Mail on Sunday reported.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/09/05/birmingham-mosque-has-2-million-in-govt-funding-suspended-over-shocking-islamist-sermons24880597/

This is just a taste of what is coming.

old dog
09-05-2023, 08:04 AM
Even without the radical rhetoric, why a Government Grant? :geez:

I once watched a video of a real stoning. Regret it, can't unsee it, can't forget it. It's evil.

Old Ridge Runner
09-05-2023, 08:24 AM
You can take the Moosie out of their 10th century habitat, but you can't take them out of their 10th century attitude. It's best to leave them in the sand pit that they were bred in with the rest of the sand fleas.

Trinnity
09-05-2023, 08:56 AM
You can take the Moosie out of their 10th century habitat, but you can't take them out of their 10th century attitude. It's best to leave them in the sand pit that they were bred in with the rest of the sand fleas.What's with the broad brushing? Islamists scare the shit out of me but not all Muslims want conquest. One of our members has a Muslim wife from a sect that's scholarly(?) not activist.

Big Dummy
09-05-2023, 08:57 AM
Took away their grant, but never mind they plot terrorism there. :geez:

Trinnity
09-05-2023, 09:02 AM
Took away their grant, but never mind they plot terrorism there. :geez:Well yeah, it's likely the govt is investigating this. Will these Islamists be deported or jailed? IDK, but they sure went back and forth with the Choudhry guy and then there was the beheading on the street in broad daylight. Yeah, England will see a rise in populistic rage exponentially. Stay calm and fix the problem, Brits. We have the same problems and there comes a breaking point of non-violent voting the bums out. That time is now. Call for elections. Get it going on social media.

old dog
09-05-2023, 09:44 AM
What's with the broad brushing? Islamists scare the shit out of me but not all Muslims want conquest. One of our members has a Muslim wife from a sect that's scholarly(?) not activist.

I know there are millions of good Moslems around the World. They need a Martin Luther style reformation.

Modern Christians and Jews know that some of the practices in the Old Testament are historical artifacts only.

Trinnity
09-05-2023, 09:57 AM
I know there are millions of good Moslems around the World. They need a Martin Luther style reformation.
It's exactly the problem- Islam is 500 years overdue for reformation. Such barbarism in the modern world is devastating in myriad ways. Joe Obama is destroying Civilization. Get busy, get the elections clean in "your" state, and vote the bums out. Tell everyone you can, why!

BooBoo
09-05-2023, 10:10 AM
From inside the Link of the OP :

Not All Muslims ARE GOOD ;

The Imam was also reported to have called on the government to take “legal action” against the former Batley School Grammar School teacher who was forced into hiding with his family amid death threats in response to him showing his class a caricature of the Islamic prophet during a class on blasphemy.

Another Imam at the Green Lane Masjid, Abu Usamah al-Thahabi allegedly compared British ISIS bride Shamima Begum to young white girl victims of largely Pakistani grooming gangs in the north of England. Al-Thahabi was previously featured in a Channel 4 documentary in which he was recorded telling congregants that a “jihad” would soon come against the “kuffar” — a derogatory term for unbelievers.

Trinnity
09-05-2023, 10:41 AM
Not All Muslims ARE GOOD ;Not all people are good.

TLSG
09-05-2023, 11:19 AM
Trash is trash. Religion is irrelevant to this fact.

Old Ridge Runner
09-06-2023, 09:11 AM
What's with the broad brushing? Islamists scare the shit out of me but not all Muslims want conquest. One of our members has a Muslim wife from a sect that's scholarly(?) not activist.

I haven't met a good, polite one yet.

El Guapo
09-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Note the wording. "Suspended". Not revoked, not cancelled... suspended. Meaning they'll be getting the money anyway, just later. After they memory hole the issue.

Trinnity
09-06-2023, 10:00 AM
I haven't met a good, polite one yet.How many have you met and talked to? How many do you know?

Note the wording. "Suspended". Not revoked, not cancelled... suspended. Meaning they'll be getting the money anyway, just later. Maybe, maybe not. There's an investigation. How about you keep up with this long term and let us know how it works out? I think pressure is building from the public to dial back the immigration acceptance and the Islamist terrorism that came with it. Everybody has to learn the hard way over and over..... in this case until Islam has a reformation, the radical Imams will push terrorism.

El Guapo
09-06-2023, 10:08 AM
The last paragraph of the story reveals the extent of the 'investigation'.

For its part, the West Midlands Police said that after reviewing the videos of Imam Saleem’s speech, the force was “satisfied that there are no criminal offences” within the incendiary remarks.

I read the article. Hence my comment.

El Guapo
09-06-2023, 10:14 AM
A quick search reveals that Christian churches get no government funding in England.

Do Christian churches receive government grants in England? - Google Search (https://www.google.com/search?q=Do+Christian+churches+receive+government+ grants+in+England%3F&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA736CA736&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

Trinnity
09-06-2023, 12:08 PM
The last paragraph of the story reveals the extent of the 'investigation'. I read the article. Hence my comment.I didn't read the article. Why do you think the UK govt values the free speech of Islamists but not anyone else? I do know if you say the wrong thing you can be arrested.

Are churches off limits regarding free speech?

For that I'll ask our UK residents.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
09-06-2023, 05:32 PM
The Brits have no one to blame but themselves. They have a senseless policy of if you come from a former British Colony you have full citizenship status. That opened the gates for every Anti Western actor to flock to England bringing their 3rd Century attitudes into the modern world.

It might be worth nothing the Crusades were not triggered by a hatred for Muslims but by the ever increasing encroachment of Muslim culture into Western Europe. The Crusades were not a war of dominance over Muslims but an attempt to remove them from Christendom

Northern Rivers
09-06-2023, 10:59 PM
What's with the broad brushing? Islamists scare the shit out of me but not all Muslims want conquest. One of our members has a Muslim wife from a sect that's scholarly(?) not activist....and we have a new-ish member stuck with it...or else. :sad20:

Some may remember we had a thread on Imam Tawhidi...but...like Salmon Rushdie...he's gotta hide, now. His push was both universally praised...and universally hated. He wanted to modernise the religion but...well...he's now gotta hide.

Northern Rivers
09-06-2023, 11:02 PM
I haven't met a good, polite one yet.Maybe, you don't deserve to? Ever consider that?

I'm getting one through HS and into university. One of most deserving...nice...souls I've ever come across. :headbang:

Today...I've heard this about Muslims and even worse about "hippies".

Too much hate out there...........

old dog
09-07-2023, 07:00 AM

Æthelberht of Kent initiated Sanctuary in Churches for all who were subject to arrest. They had 40 days to confess their sins and go into exile or surrender to the Crown for trial. By 1066 this was universal in England. This practice was abolished by James I in 1623.
Churches in UK are not off limits to Johnny Law.

Old Ridge Runner
09-07-2023, 07:50 AM
Maybe, you don't deserve to? Ever consider that?

I'm getting one through HS and into university. One of most deserving...nice...souls I've ever come across. :headbang:

Too much hate out there...........

I don't hate them, I am of the opinion that if they cannot abide by our laws and live under them than they should stay in their own sandbox instead of coming over here and demand that we change to suit them.

Old Ridge Runner
09-07-2023, 08:10 AM
How many have you met and talked to? How many do you know?

Maybe, maybe not. There's an investigation. How about you keep up with this long term and let us know how it works out? I think pressure is building from the public to dial back the immigration acceptance and the Islamist terrorism that came with it. Everybody has to learn the hard way over and over..... in this case until Islam has a reformation, the radical Imams will push terrorism.

None on both accounts. However, as I state previously, if they cannot come here, abide by our laws, and practice their religion peacefully than they can stay the hell home.

We have a block on immigration from certain Middle Eastern nations, but what good does it do when we have our leaders open the border so wide you can drive a herd of whales through it.

Old Ridge Runner
09-07-2023, 08:19 AM
I didn't read the article. Why do you think the UK govt values the free speech of Islamists but not anyone else? I do know if you say the wrong thing you can be arrested.

For that I'll ask our UK residents.

Then UK doesn't value the free speech of the Islamist, they fear the Islamist. They fear that if they make an example of the radicalism, they are afraid of the past coming back and the radicals start cutting heads off in the middle of the street like they did with those soldiers a few years back.

Trinnity
09-07-2023, 09:54 AM
...and we have a new-ish member stuck with it...or else. :sad20:Huh? :thinking:

Maybe, you don't deserve to? Ever consider that?
Too much hate out there...........I think of Hillary Clinton and Bill Ayers as the result of the hippy movement...they hated The Man so they became The Man and with a decidedly communist bent. They hated capitalism but they took all the money they could get and still do. Those 2 people have caused untold misery and death. I'll w/hold broad brushing hippies but....grrr

There's too much casual hate on the forum but it's the dialogue of frustration and the need to fix blame for their problems. If people mean the bigoted or vicious things they write, they should have the decency not to write them or find another forum where hate is welcome.

I live in a region almost 70% black; mostly descendants of slaves who didn't leave the south. We have Indians and Mexicans too. A lot of intermarriage all around. If I'm not friends with the people here, I'll have no friends. Why would I want to have no friends? My friends are nice people and are from their 20s to their 90s. I like people but not bigots. That's where I stand.