PDA

View Full Version : TASERED 95yr OLD DIES OF INJURIES

mr claws
05-24-2023, 04:36 PM
Surprising, huh? The paragon among lawmen who took down such a ferocious adversary has been charged with 3 counts "assault" and put on leave WITH PAY! Well why not mate, put another shrimp on the barby. 95-year-old tasered by police in nursing home dies of her injuries (yahoo.com) (https://www.yahoo.com/news/95-old-tasered-police-nursing-133325018.html)

ruthless terrier
05-24-2023, 04:42 PM
good lord it was a 95 year old woman. what the fuck is wrong with people.

Kodiak
05-24-2023, 04:51 PM
Can't imagine any reason to taze an elderly woman. But my wifes mother passed away a couple of years ago in an old folks home at 91. The older she got, the meaner she was to her companions in the home. They told us the day before she passed she was hitting others with her walker. So I have no idea how they deal with it but they certainly didn't taze her.

mr claws
05-24-2023, 04:58 PM
Can't imagine any reason to taze an elderly woman. But my wifes mother passed away a couple of years ago in an old folks home at 91. The older she got, the meaner she was to her companions in the home. They told us the day before she passed she was hitting others with her walker. So I have no idea how they deal with it but they certainly didn't taze her.
We just put them in a comfy chair they couldn't rise from unassisted. Too bad we weren't in Australia, we could have simply clubbed them into submission.

Captain Kirk!
05-24-2023, 05:00 PM
That cop needs justice
edit
Then again, she had a knife...

Sunsettommy
05-24-2023, 05:01 PM
Local businessman and community advocate Andrew Thaler, speaking not long after the incident to Australian television, said Nowland was "about 5-foot-2 and weighs all of 43 kilos [about 95 pounds], she can't walk on her own without walking assistance."

The Police office must be a WIMP to be that intimidated by a very old frail woman but then why were police called for this simple matter?

mr claws
05-24-2023, 05:03 PM
That cop needs justice
Been my mother he'd got it the day I heard of it. ​FER SHUR!!!

Kodiak
05-24-2023, 05:05 PM
That cop needs justice
edit
Then again, she had a knife...

Thanks, I missed that part when I scanned the article!

mr claws
05-24-2023, 05:09 PM
The Police office must be a WIMP to be that intimidated by a very old frail woman but then why were police called for this simple matter?
EXCELLENT QUESTION!!! Looks like the NWO pussyfication of Australians is proceeding nicely.

Wilson2
05-24-2023, 05:14 PM
good lord it was a 95 year old woman. what the fuck is wrong with people.

Its the cop mentality and training. All they see is a weapon and then blindly proceed down the escalation of force protocol, and of course its all based on "officer safety". Most cops don't think at all.

People better stop assuming cops are there to "protect and serve" and protect your rights and the Constitution. Chances are your local cops will not skip a beat when the order comes down to confiscate your guns or food or round you up and ship you to a camp.

teeceetx
05-24-2023, 05:15 PM
A 95 yr old woman with a knife is dangerous?

Dangerous to a presumably fit police officer?

I don't think so!

What the hell is WRONG with these people?

ruthless terrier
05-24-2023, 05:19 PM
what the big bad cop couldn't reach out and take the knife? guess not.

Lone Gunman
05-24-2023, 05:39 PM
Its the cop mentality and training. All they see is a weapon and then blindly proceed down the escalation of force protocol, and of course its all based on "officer safety". Most cops don't think at all.

People better stop assuming cops are there to "protect and serve" and protect your rights and the Constitution. Chances are your local cops will not skip a beat when the order comes down to confiscate your guns or food or round you up and ship you to a camp.

one wonders if any of my locals will live to tell about it.

then again, i'm in one of those 'will not enforce' states, so it will require federal intervention; they may just bomb us out of existence.

Wilson2
05-24-2023, 05:42 PM
EXCELLENT QUESTION!!! Looks like the NWO pussyfication of Australians is proceeding nicely.

Remember Australia's covid response? Wildly extreme, including putting troublesome people in camps. At times they had isolation rules, go outside your house and you get sent to a camp.

And remember Australia's gun confiscation and bans.

Australia is no longer the land down under where the men are 6 ft 4 and full of muscle.

Matt
05-24-2023, 05:47 PM
This happened in Australia. No excuse for it anywhere though.

WarriorRob
05-24-2023, 07:06 PM
Police said the responding officers urged Nowland to drop a serrated steak knife before she moved toward them "at a slow pace" with her walking frame, prompting one officer to fire his taser at her.

https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/1817357/screenshots/5599133/oldlady.gif
https://media.tenor.com/YctxttUmGMYAAAAC/forehead-slap-slapping-forehead.gif

Northern Rivers
05-24-2023, 07:06 PM
Yeah...I brought this news to TPF a few days ago. I added the other police international embarrassment...when an overly-stoned French tourist was standing...fully clothed...in the surf at Bondi Beach (near Sydney)...with a knife...20' away from the cops...threatening to commit suicide. So??? A cop shot him..."so he wouldn't harm himself." :geez:

Northern Rivers
05-24-2023, 07:07 PM
This happened in Australia. No excuse for it anywhere though.Hey...we have a fair share of nuts, here. :dontknow:

Northern Rivers
05-24-2023, 07:18 PM
Remember Australia's covid response? Wildly extreme, including putting troublesome people in camps. At times they had isolation rules, go outside your house and you get sent to a camp.

And remember Australia's gun confiscation and bans.

Australia is no longer the land down under where the men are 6 ft 4 and full of muscle.

"Troublesome people" were primarily those newly entering the country and put into THE HILTON in Sydney or Melbourne for two weeks...that...snuck out. My oldest boy...coming back into the country...was in one for two weeks.

If you were sequestered in your own house...AFTER you said you were positive and agreed you'd wait out your two weeks at home...yep...you were taken to a HOTEL where officials were in the hallways.

Again...with the guns. I have A B and C on my license...with C being a semi-auto Ruger 10-22. However...if you have a police record of overt violence...including domestic violence...been in the nut house...no way would you get a license. If you have 100+ acres...or permission to shoot on someone else's 100+ acres...no problem. If you live in town...you need to be in a gun club. You also need to attend a gun safety course and have either a steel cabinet too heavy to move, or bolted to masonry.

The band, 'Men At Work', were fronted by a Kiwi...where they wrote and recorded...and, yes...for the most part...you'd rue the day you picked a fight with an Aussie male........or female!!!!

Just sayin'.....

LadyMoonlight
05-24-2023, 08:06 PM
Most Australians are just as outraged at this as people around the world. The cops should never have been called. I know people with dementia can be violent and strong, but a trained nurse could have disarmed her, talked to and calmed her, and gotten her back to her room. That is what should have happened. How a 95 year old, frail woman with a walker can be so dangerous to a grown man is beyond my understanding. The Police Commissioner, has publicly refused to view the video of the attack on the woman, stating on tv that she has no intention of looking at the video. How can she make a judgement on something she refuses to view?

donttread
05-24-2023, 08:27 PM
Surprising, huh? The paragon among lawmen who took down such a ferocious adversary has been charged with 3 counts "assault" and put on leave WITH PAY! Well why not mate, put another shrimp on the barby. 95-year-old tasered by police in nursing home dies of her injuries (yahoo.com) (https://www.yahoo.com/news/95-old-tasered-police-nursing-133325018.html)
Sometimes there are exceptions to procedure. I think I'd of taken my chances disarming her without the taser

Northern Rivers
05-25-2023, 01:58 AM
**BREAKING NEWS**
Police officer
Senior Constable Kristian White, 33
who tasered the 95 year old Grand Mother has just been charged and
is facing three charges including recklessly causing grievous bodily harm, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and common assault.

Wilson2
05-25-2023, 02:33 AM
"Troublesome people" were primarily those newly entering the country and put into THE HILTON in Sydney or Melbourne for two weeks...that...snuck out. My oldest boy...coming back into the country...was in one for two weeks.

If you were sequestered in your own house...AFTER you said you were positive and agreed you'd wait out your two weeks at home...yep...you were taken to a HOTEL where officials were in the hallways.

Again...with the guns. I have A B and C on my license...with C being a semi-auto Ruger 10-22. However...if you have a police record of overt violence...including domestic violence...been in the nut house...no way would you get a license. If you have 100+ acres...or permission to shoot on someone else's 100+ acres...no problem. If you live in town...you need to be in a gun club. You also need to attend a gun safety course and have either a steel cabinet too heavy to move, or bolted to masonry.

The band, 'Men At Work', were fronted by a Kiwi...where they wrote and recorded...and, yes...for the most part...you'd rue the day you picked a fight with an Aussie male........or female!!!!

Just sayin'.....

Ok, so with a little chest thumping added in you are trying to put lipstick on a pig. You lost your gun rights when the gun bans and severe controls went into effect in 1996, now you have to register and ask permission so you can use or maybe even own (but maybe not keep in your house) a gun, and if you are really lucky you can get a 10-22 pea shooter. In covid people were quarantined in their house, over what is basically a cold, and there were repeated lockdowns. And it wasn't just nice hotels and tourists, do your own research, there are plenty of videos of Australians in actual camps and for more than 2 weeks.

Its sad to see, but Australia is the poster child of a once strong vibrant nation reduced to sheep.

mr claws
05-25-2023, 04:16 AM
Most Australians are just as outraged at this as people around the world. The cops should never have been called. I know people with dementia can be violent and strong, but a trained nurse could have disarmed her, talked to and calmed her, and gotten her back to her room. That is what should have happened. How a 95 year old, frail woman with a walker can be so dangerous to a grown man is beyond my understanding. The Police Commissioner, has publicly refused to view the video of the attack on the woman, stating on tv that she has no intention of looking at the video. How can she make a judgement on something she refuses to view?
You gave your own answer... SHE!!! :tongue20:

Camp
05-25-2023, 06:10 AM
Will never forget how rotten Australia and New Zealand were with the China flu hysteria.

The day they outlawed private arm ownership is the day Australia went into the shit hole.

donttread
05-25-2023, 04:12 PM
Ok, so with a little chest thumping added in you are trying to put lipstick on a pig. You lost your gun rights when the gun bans and severe controls went into effect in 1996, now you have to register and ask permission so you can use or maybe even own (but maybe not keep in your house) a gun, and if you are really lucky you can get a 10-22 pea shooter. In covid people were quarantined in their house, over what is basically a cold, and there were repeated lockdowns. And it wasn't just nice hotels and tourists, do your own research, there are plenty of videos of Australians in actual camps and for more than 2 weeks.

Its sad to see, but Australia is the poster child of a once strong vibrant nation reduced to sheep.

COVID is real, that does not justify the actions taken by most countries but it is a lot more than a cold. Like most respiratory viruses there are degrees of how sick you get based upon many factors. But it was no cold that put my wife in the hospital and my son in the ER

donttread
05-25-2023, 04:16 PM
We just put them in a comfy chair they couldn't rise from unassisted. Too bad we weren't in Australia, we could have simply clubbed them into submission.

That's a restraint in a Nursing Home in some states. Government doesn't let you win.

BooBoo
05-25-2023, 05:37 PM
https://thepoliticsforums.com/threads/208418-Try-Not-To-Laugh