PDA

View Full Version : Queen Elizabeth HAS DIED

Trinnity
09-08-2022, 09:05 AM
/edit

Queen Elizabeth II has died this afternoon at Balmoral Castle.
Charles is now King.

SKY NEWS LIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Auq9mYxFEE

(earlier OP)
It looks serious.

What do our British members think? How serious is this?

dinosaur
09-08-2022, 09:08 AM
Everything is serious at her age. Prayers for the Queen!

Taxcutter
09-08-2022, 09:23 AM
I wish her the best. She has had a truly remarkable reign.

Kodiak
09-08-2022, 09:26 AM
I saw a short clip of her yesterday and she is really looking frail.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
09-08-2022, 09:45 AM
She is the longest reigning monarch in British history. I remember her coronation in the early 1950's. I wonder if Charles will abdicate in favor of William who is the more popular I believe and Kate is certainly more loved than Camilla by far.

Dubler9
09-08-2022, 09:53 AM
I do not wish her to be ill. I am not a monarchist. Prince Charles is an absolute pillock. I never highly rate very, very rich people with servants as hard working struggling people.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 09:55 AM
The queen is on holiday at Balmoral Castle.

https://www.masala.com/entertainment/queen-elizabeth-health

Trinnity
09-08-2022, 10:58 AM
We're wondering if she's died and are waiting for the family to all get to Balmoral. Geez, this is strange.

Dubler9 Neo UKSmartypants

What are you hearing? What's your take on this?

Neo
09-08-2022, 11:06 AM
We're wondering if she's died and are waiting for the family to all get to Balmoral. Geez, this is strange.

@Dubler9 (https://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=5145) @Neo (https://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=4696) @UKSmartypants (https://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=5318)

She must be a very poorly old lady, she’s been going downhill for several weeks now apparently…. It doesn’t look good :(

Neo
09-08-2022, 11:07 AM
She is the longest reigning monarch in British history. I remember her coronation in the early 1950's. I wonder if Charles will abdicate in favor of William who is the more popular I believe and Kate is certainly more loved than Camilla by far.
Prince Charles is destined to be king.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Prince Charles is destined to be king.

God save us.

Trinnity
09-08-2022, 11:10 AM
If she's died, no way would they announce anything until after the family is all there. Harry is already in England now, right? That little chocolate teapot stayed in Canada.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 11:13 AM
There is a complete protocol for the eventuality of the death of the monarch and an orderly transition to the throne.

What Happens When Queen Elizabeth II Dies (https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/culture/a30044076/what-happens-when-queen-dies/)

Dubler9
09-08-2022, 11:50 AM
She has not died. Long live the Queen.

Dubler9
09-08-2022, 11:52 AM
The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral after doctors became concerned for her health, Buckingham Palace has said.

All the Queen's children have gathered at her Scottish estate near Aberdeen.

"Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen's doctors are concerned for Her Majesty's health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision," a statement said.

The Queen is "comfortable", it added.

It is very unusual for Buckingham Palace to put out a statement like this - it is usually unwilling to provide a commentary on the 96-year-old monarch's medical matters, which are seen as private.

Her son, Prince Charles, is at Balmoral with his wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.

Her grandson, the Duke of Cambridge, other sons, the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex, and his wife Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, arrived at Aberdeen airport just before 16:00 BST.

Prince William drove them alone in a car together to the Queen's Scottish estate, a journey of about 40 miles (64km).

TLSG
09-08-2022, 12:08 PM
The Queen may still be alive, but her country died a long time ago.

Common
09-08-2022, 12:10 PM

He wont abdicate anything, hes been waiting all his life to be king...I think after elizabeth Harry is going to find it harder to continue to be a prince...uh a phony prince

UKSmartypants
09-08-2022, 12:32 PM

@Dubler9 (https://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=5145) @Neo (https://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=4696) @UKSmartypants (https://thepoliticsforums.com/member.php?u=5318)

yes it seems everyone has rushed to Balmoral. makes you think she could be badly . She gone right downhill since Phillip died.

Holy shit, two minutes after i posted this she died...

Neo
09-08-2022, 12:32 PM
My wife just text me, the Queen has died. :(

Brat
09-08-2022, 12:33 PM
:sad20: RIP Elizabeth.

Common
09-08-2022, 12:36 PM
Oh man...RIP Queen Elizabeth, longest running ruler in history

Neo
09-08-2022, 12:37 PM
All the family was at Balmoral except Harry.

TLSG
09-08-2022, 12:39 PM
That's too bad, but really, what did she actually do all those years other than be a figurehead for British society? While her country was being sold out to the NWO and turned into a dumping ground for third-world trash, she was holed up in her palace sipping tea and sitting on thrones.

Brat
09-08-2022, 12:40 PM
Foxnews top headline Queen Elizabeth has died.

East of the Beast
09-08-2022, 12:41 PM
Rest In Peace Her Majesty

Brat
09-08-2022, 12:43 PM
I've always had a special fondness for Elizabeth; my Mom did too. Almost feels like a family member has passed. :sad20:

goodpen
09-08-2022, 12:44 PM
with dignity and a great love for her nation. God Bless her..

Neo
09-08-2022, 12:47 PM
I saw the Queen once, it was 1977 she opened the Building exhibition at Olympia. Waving to her…. I believe she waved back at me.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 12:49 PM
That's too bad, but really, what did she actually do all those years other than be a figurehead for British society? While her country was being sold out to the NWO and turned into a dumping ground for third-world trash, she was holed up in her palace sipping tea and sitting on thrones.

Is this an indictment of the recently departed queen or UK's constitutional monarchy?

Rutabaga
09-08-2022, 12:50 PM
r.i.p. queen elizabeth.:sad20:

potlatch
09-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Oh I am so sorry, may she Rest in Peace. My Mother's family is English-Irish and I read books about Elizabeth and Margaret when I was a young girl. I admired the Queen, she even worked as a mechanic during the War.

Neo
09-08-2022, 12:51 PM
In The Queens silver jubilee in 1977 my mother knitted a crown shaped tea cosy for her tea pot, my mother was very much for the royal family.

Trinnity
09-08-2022, 12:52 PM
The PM is expected to speak soon.

SKY NEWS LIVE
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Auq9mYxFEE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Auq9mYxFEE

QuaseMarco
09-08-2022, 12:55 PM
A sad day.

Neo
09-08-2022, 12:55 PM
Following the sad news of the Queen (https://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/the-queen) 's death aged 96, a long-held plan has now been put into place called Operation London Bridge (https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/plans-queens-funeral-highlight-security-24901984). It sets out exactly what will happen over the next 10 days, including where her coffin will lie in state, funeral preparations and what Charles (https://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/prince-charles-prince-of-wales) ' first week as King will involve.
The day of the Queen's death is referred to as D-Day (https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queens-secret-funeral-plans-leaked-24900752), with the coming days to be referred to as D-Day plus the number of days that have passed since her death. The first steps of D-Day are already underway, with flags lowered to half-mast as a sign of respect, a national minute's silence has announced and gun salutes

QuaseMarco
09-08-2022, 12:57 PM

I think you're being to harsh on her.

potlatch
09-08-2022, 12:58 PM

Click to Enlarge

TLSG
09-08-2022, 01:02 PM
I think you're being to harsh on her.

Harsh? I think it's a pretty honest assessment.

Canadianeye
09-08-2022, 01:02 PM
Rest in peace Elizabeth. I cannot even begin to fathom the weight of so many issues she shouldered over her entire life time, and her long reign as Queen.

Call_me_Ishmael
09-08-2022, 01:03 PM

Very very sorry to hear that.

QuaseMarco
09-08-2022, 01:05 PM
Harsh? I think it's a pretty honest assessment.

The Queen does not have the power you attribute to her. This is a Brittish thing. I don't think Americans (I being one) can really understand.

potlatch
09-08-2022, 01:05 PM
In The Queens silver jubilee in 1977 my mother knitted a crown shaped tea cosy for her tea pot, my mother was very much for the royal family.

My Father was there on business during her Silver Jubilee and he brought my Mother and I back necklaces with Silver Ingots with all tiny emblems stamped on them. I have the 'meaning' of each stamp written down. :smiley20:

Trinnity
09-08-2022, 01:09 PM
The Prime Minister is speaking NOW.

Watch Sky News live - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Auq9mYxFEE)

Taxcutter
09-08-2022, 01:13 PM
Bonny Prince Charlie is now Chucky III.

Not a lucky name for British Kings.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 01:15 PM

I've read that he might take another regnal name.

Knightkore
09-08-2022, 01:15 PM
The Queen is dead, long live the Queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joJC4J8XTUs&ab_channel=LaurenArnold

Taxcutter
09-08-2022, 01:16 PM
She went down doing her duty.

She inspected the Trooping of the Colors - a ceremony prized by the British - not but a couple months ago.

Jen
09-08-2022, 01:17 PM
I liked her. RIP.

This announcement signals that many things are about to change, but we knew that huge world change was about to happen. Right?

Jen
09-08-2022, 01:20 PM
The Queen does not have the power you attribute to her. This is a Brittish thing. I don't think Americans (I being one) can really understand.She was a figurehead who stood there regally representing Great Britain. Her death announcement represents change that is bigger than many of us may realize at this moment.

Crusader
09-08-2022, 01:22 PM
Not surprised at her age but still saddened. But what an amazing rule she had, she was one hell of a lady.

King Charles I guess ? Oldest ever to take the throne I think…long live the king.

but will he stay King Charles or will he pick a new name. King Charles’s have not been Briton’s best Kings.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 01:23 PM
She was a figurehead who stood there regally representing Great Britain. Her death announcement represents change that is bigger than many of us may realize at this moment.
I don't see how.

Yeah, she was a monarch, but also part of nature, and nature took her back.

Are you hinting at a broad conspiracy of events that have been pre-planned to be triggered by her death?

Authentic
09-08-2022, 01:27 PM
When I became politically aware, the three prominent world leaders were Reagan, Gorbachev, and QE2
(she overshadowed Margaret Thatcher in my young mind).

Two have recently died.

UKSmartypants
09-08-2022, 01:27 PM

oh eff off, you disrespectful hillbilly redneck, Have some respect.

UKSmartypants
09-08-2022, 01:31 PM
She went down doing her duty.

She inspected the Trooping of the Colors - a ceremony prized by the British - not but a couple months ago.

She invited Liz Truss to be the new PM, two days ago, Working, doing her duty, literally to the last day.

Charles will be King Charles III, and Camilla is now Camilla Duchesses of Cornwall, Kings Consort

This is where the americans get confused between Titles and Styles.

Think of it like a business

Business name - Charles II
Job description - King

Business name (Title) - Camilla Duchesses of Cornwall
Job description (Style) - Kings Consort

What'sThat?
Imagine what she has seen in her lifetime

Knightkore
I am wondering.....is this the final globalist piece to put on the world stage game board?

Are we seeing future history of a globalist police state in its infancy? Will we look back at Queen Elizabeth's death as the day it all started? Or was her death just like the passing of any other?

We shall see.

Jen
I don't see how.

Are you hinting at a broad conspiracy of events that have been pre-planned to be triggered by her death?It really has nothing to do with her death, but her death signals that certain things can begin to happen. Sort of a changing of the guard moment in time.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Charles as King. I am disgusted at the idea that Camilla will have some lofty title.

Jen
09-08-2022, 01:34 PM
I am wondering.....is this the final globalist piece to put on the world stage game board?

Are we seeing future history of a globalist police state in its infancy? Will we look back at Queen Elizabeth's death as the day it all started? Or was her death just like the passing of any other?

We shall see.We might look at this day as the day "it" all started, but I don't believe that what is starting is a Globalist victory. I believe (and hope and pray) that it will be Globalist/ Cabal defeat that begins on this day.

And you have stated it better than I was able to find the words to do. It will be the day that "it" all started. I am not prepared on this thread to describe what "it" is. I'm not sure I know exactly how to do that.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 01:36 PM
of eff off, you disrespectful hillbilly redneck, Have some respect.

Oh, you can do better than that.

How about Norwich born gormless plonker?

Knightkore
of eff off, you disrespectful hillbilly redneck, Have some respect.

To be fair America already gave the finger to the royalty hundreds of years ago & we beat your asses in the Revolutionary War & then had to come save you from your own dumbassery in WW2 from the monster Hitler you all let be unleashed upon the world. I frankly respect Churchill far more than a Queen who did nothing but sit & wave & was designed to be a royal pain in the rear & distraction than have any real meaning. Especially to a country who whipped your behinds.

{I want to add.....you all are having a helluva time with Russia cutting your energy off just before this winter.....and this time we've got problems of our own.....this time we won't be coming to save you. Now THAT is ironically hilarious. The sun sets on every kingdom I suppose.}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3mOvCMG24I&ab_channel=ArchEnemy

Taxcutter
The crowning of Charles III (an unlucky name for British kings) mark the final vindication of his ancestor Prince Louis of Battenberg, First Sea Lord at the outbreak of World War One.

As a morgantic Prince Louis was expendable and earned the rank of First Sea Lord the right way - on the decks of fighting ships.

Through Prince Phillip the morganatic house of Battenberg is now no longer morganatic.

Like that matters a lot in wartime.

Dubler9
09-08-2022, 01:41 PM
The crowning of Charles III (an unlucky name for British kings) mark the final vindication of his ancestor Prince Louis of Battenberg, First Sea Lord at the outbreak of World War One.

As a morgantic Prince Louis was expendable and earned the rank of First Sea Lord the right way - on the decks of fighting ships.

Through Prince Phillip the morganatic house of Battenberg is now no longer morganatic.

Like that matters a lot in wartime.
Louis was known to be the worst ships Captain and the most horrible Officer over his men and peers. He is also known, alleged, to be a pedophile. They say this is why the IRA killed him.

UKSmartypants
09-08-2022, 01:42 PM
Huge crowds amassing outside Buck Palace, because that represents the Monarchy. Apparently the crowd spontaneously sang the National Anthem.

Interestingly they put crowd barriers up last night, the were probably forewarned.

Jen
09-08-2022, 01:47 PM
I don't see how.

Are you hinting at a broad conspiracy of events that have been pre-planned to be triggered by her death?
I'm just saying that due to the longevity of her reign as Queen, her death has significance.

teeceetx
09-08-2022, 01:52 PM
RIP Queen Elizabeth.

With her, the real monarchy has died.

With Charles, the monarchy becomes woke and insignificant.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 02:01 PM
Louis was known to be the worst ships Captain and the most horrible Officer over his men and peers. He is also known, alleged, to be a pedophile. They say this is why the IRA killed him.

He made it easy taking his boat out of County Sligo.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 02:06 PM
I'm just saying that due to the longevity of her reign as Queen, her death has significance.

Alright.

They probably thought the same when QE1 died.

ruthless terrier
09-08-2022, 02:11 PM
The queen met every U.S. president since Harry Truman .. with the exception of Lyndon Johnson.

Matt
09-08-2022, 02:13 PM
RIP. That's a monumental loss to the UK.

GreenEyedLady
09-08-2022, 02:16 PM
Lord help the British people! Rip in Peace Queen Elizabeth.

Jen
09-08-2022, 02:17 PM
Alright.

They probably thought the same when QE1 died.Many deaths have great significance.

crcook84
09-08-2022, 02:23 PM
I'm not one to say anything against someone once they've died. However, I find it unfortunate that she had the power to dismiss Trudeau from his position as PM of Canada and didn't, even after everything he did during Covid.

Dubler9
09-08-2022, 02:26 PM
I'm not one to say anything against someone once they've died. However, I find it unfortunate that she had the power to dismiss Trudeau from his position as PM of Canada and didn't, even after everything he did during Covid.

The sovereign has no such power. Whatever the equivalent in Canada to our Parliament is - Parliament reigns supreme.
However, Trudeau is the most vile politician on the planet.

JMWinPR
09-08-2022, 02:46 PM

More importantly, it is not lucky for G.B.

JMWinPR
09-08-2022, 02:48 PM
Oh, you can do better than that.

How about Norwich born gormless plonker?

Plonker, Plonker you say. Whuts uh plonker?

UKSmartypants
09-08-2022, 02:56 PM

most Englishmen have known no other monarch. She has been the single fixed point in the history and progress of England all our lives. she has been a shining example of how to conduct yourself with dignity and class.

Oceander
09-08-2022, 02:56 PM
RIP, QEII

Oceander
09-08-2022, 02:57 PM
most Englishmen have known no other monarch. She has been the single fixed point in the history and progress of England all our lives. she has been a shining example of how to conduct yourself with dignity and class.

Absolutely. And not just for the English themselves, but for a lot of other people as well.

UKSmartypants
09-08-2022, 02:57 PM
The sovereign has no such power. Whatever the equivalent in Canada to our Parliament is - Parliament reigns supreme.

No. But the Canadian Governer-General can

Oceander
09-08-2022, 02:58 PM
No. But the Canadian Governer-General can

In very limited circumstances.

Trinnity
09-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Everyone keep it civil please...

Canadianeye
09-08-2022, 03:15 PM
In very limited circumstances.

Happened in Australia back in the 70's IIRC. GG and Graham.

Authentic
09-08-2022, 03:32 PM
Plonker, Plonker you say. Whuts uh plonker?

Translation:

Norwich born = inbred

Gormless = lacking common sense

Plonker = idiot

Knightkore
09-08-2022, 03:33 PM
Everyone keep it civil please...

https://media.giphy.com/media/y8fXirTJjj6E0/giphy.gifhttps://www.qwant.com/?t=images&q=bowing+gif&o=0%3AA1EF7320F23DF3B2D7306907219FF04ED0A12CD8
https://www.qwant.com/?t=images&q=bowing+gif&o=0%3AA1EF7320F23DF3B2D7306907219FF04ED0A12CD8

Always

Mr. Independent
09-08-2022, 03:34 PM
RIP Elizabeth

Neo
09-08-2022, 03:51 PM
She invited Liz Truss to be the new PM, two days ago, Working, doing her duty, literally to the last day.

Charles will be King Charles III, and Camilla is now Camilla Duchesses of Cornwall, Kings Consort

This is where the americans get confused between Titles and Styles.

Think of it like a business

Business name - Charles II
Job description - King

Business name (Title) - Camilla Duchesses of Cornwall
Job description (Style) - Kings Consort

I believe he will be Charles III now old chap.

Canadianeye
09-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Been a lot of talking with people about the Queen. Some who do not like the Monarchy, some who adored Elizabeth and even one who didn't care much for the Queen Mum. (which I've rarely heard from anyone).

But at the end of the day, Elizabeth, yes the wealthy Queen...was under a microscope from every angle from the day she was born, until the day that she died. There was no hiding from that unrelenting scouring of every single facet of ones life...whether she wielded limited powers as a figurehead or not.

Almost 100 years of the most intense scrutiny possible, that most would have withered to.

She didn't. That woman was iron in her duty to England.

UKSmartypants
09-08-2022, 05:03 PM
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/09/08/19/62213029-6593747-image-m-8_1662660325268.jpg

crcook84
09-08-2022, 05:24 PM

Check out this thread about that topic:

https://thepoliticsforums.com/threads/187387-The-Queen-has-the-power-to-dismiss-Trudeau

donttread
09-08-2022, 05:29 PM
Did i miss something? I see an OP about the queen dying followed by what appear to be well wishes and addressing her in the here and now?

Authentic
09-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Did i miss something? I see an OP about the queen dying followed by what appear to be well wishes and addressing her in the here and now?

Thread was made before her death was reported.

El Guapo
09-08-2022, 09:46 PM
Having always been a part of my life from singing "God save the Queen" to start each grade school day to taking an oath to her as I took up arms in service of my country ...she was an unwavering symbol of all that is good. Strange feeling to know that she now symbolizes that what was good - is gone.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
09-08-2022, 10:50 PM

On 9/12 2001 Queen Elizabeth changed the music played at the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palance to the Star Spangled Banner. The first time in British history this was done. She did this to make the Americans who were stranded in London feel more at home during that trying time. She certainly didn't need to do that but we were all grateful she did.

Star Spangled Banner played at Buckingham Palace- Sept 13, 2001 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToECtXPMvNM)

I tear up every time I hear that.

Dubler9
09-08-2022, 10:54 PM
She was also extremely brave when visiting Northern Ireland and shook hands with Former IRA people in the interests of the better/bigger good.

UKSmartypants
09-09-2022, 02:58 AM
She was also extremely brave when visiting Northern Ireland and shook hands with Former IRA people in the interests of the better/bigger good.

Considering the IRA had murdered not only her good friend and War Hero Airey Neave, and also killed her husbands grandfather Lord Mountbatten, shaking hands with their unrepentant murderers for the greater good took the sort of balls and dignity that only kings had in the past.

Trinnity
09-09-2022, 04:00 AM
I have no love for the dullard progressive globalist Charles. He's a deeply unattractive man whose personal indignities I cannot forget. Camilla I don't mind.

UKSmartypants
09-09-2022, 04:47 AM
Well hes king now. I suspect he might make a better King than Heir Apparent

Trinnity
09-09-2022, 05:43 AM
I'll so miss her outfits and hats. It'll never be fun to watch them like it was. Bummer.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
09-09-2022, 08:40 AM
I'll so miss her outfits and hats. It'll never be fun to watch them like it was. Bummer.
Maybe Charles will wear some of her hats.

Knightkore
09-09-2022, 08:44 AM
Charles could always be less transphobic & go out in drag, renaming himself Queen Elizabeth. Her legacy could um....."literally" live on. Isn't it wonderful to have such broad gender options?

Oceander
09-09-2022, 09:02 AM

Fingers crossed!

Trinnity
09-09-2022, 09:04 AM
I was gobsmacked he and Camilla got out of the car and shook hands with the crowd. One lady got to kiss his cheek. Remarkable.

Dr. Felix Birdbiter
09-09-2022, 09:15 AM
I was gobsmacked he and Camilla got out of the car and shook hands with the crowd. One lady got to kiss his cheek. Remarkable.
The Limey's do love their Royals, even the bad ones.

El Guapo
09-09-2022, 11:28 AM

Fingers crossed!

Don't get your hopes up. Bonnie Prince Chuck is a head stooge on the WEF board of directors.

UKSmartypants
09-09-2022, 11:46 AM
The Limey's do love their Royals, even the bad ones.

You havent a clue what you are talking about. Like Meghan Markle, you have no grasp of what royalty is about.

Authentic
09-09-2022, 11:50 AM
Now that the queen has died, I find these guys more interesting than the current crop of Royals.

They Might Be Giants - The Mesopotamians (official TMBG video) - YouTube (https://youtu.be/jAMRTGv82Zo)

Moonie
09-09-2022, 08:04 PM
From not having a Queen you Yanks can only rely on the queens of San Francisco or your ex-First ladies/creatures for your national inspiration.

JustPassinThru
09-10-2022, 12:12 AM
Having always been a part of my life from singing "God save the Queen" to start each grade school day to taking an oath to her as I took up arms in service of my country ...she was an unwavering symbol of all that is good. Strange feeling to know that she now symbolizes that what was good - is gone.

You'll probably disagree with me. You, and the Limeys who're here. And that's okay...

BUT...over and above my opinion that the British Royals are an obsolete vestige of a feudal past, that serve no meaningful modern role...and I'm unwavering in that opinion, and I also know it matters not one whit...

...beyond that, there's the sad reality that Elizabeth II presided over a period of Managed Decline for the former British Empire.

It exited WWII damaged but energetic. Unfortunately, the German and French Left had infected England, as it had the US. The Fabians and the Labourites were at the ready, to not-let a crisis go to waste.

It was as they were "normalizing" the wartime collectivism, the socialized medicine, the government control over who-gets-what (called Rationing in wartime; called Socialism in peace). Winnie was still fighting them...IIRC, having been replaced as PM, he again emerged for another period and served Elizabeth for two final years.

But the trend had started. Militant unionism; then organized opposition to business...to active sabotage on the factory floor and militant strikes. To demands, both for wages and for government nationalization...British Overseas Airways, a horrible service that could not compare to Pan Am or even Lufthansa. British Motor Company and Leyland Motors, combined with government encouragement, then given subsidies as they failed, and then, nationalization. As the British motorcar industry, one of the best in 1950, became known for troublesome, poorly-designed, poorly-engineered products that neither lasted in operation nor resisted corrosion. By 1980, only Jaguar and Land-Rover still had any customers. MG, Triumph, and Rover, the car line, had all alienated their last patrons.

Had it not been for Lady Margaret Thatcher, Britain could have kept declining to what Venezuela now is.

Elizabeth tried to moderate this; tried to manage it; tried to be a noble Head of State; but it became obvious over the years...the Tories were identified as supporters of the Crown, but the Crown sure didn't support the Tories. The Queen was, at heart, a Labourite.

I have never been impressed. Not with such a system, that gives reward to hereditary claims, not to merit. Not to that particular royal lineage. Not of the knavish devotion that so many Brits give it. Yes, I understand tradition; and the requirements of custom and manners. I'm reminded of the Navy practice of saluting officers. NO ONE in the field, except a gung-ho driver or aide-de-camp, snapped a Boot Camp salute at an officer. Most of the time, if not on parade, we gave a slouched, "Whatever" salute. And got one in return - and often with a wink and a smile. The officers were in on it.

I'd understand acceptance of the Crown at that level. Not at the level I'd seen it carried out.

JustPassinThru
09-10-2022, 12:16 AM

The Babylon Bee got it right:

"73-year-old Man Finally Gets His First Job"

UKSmartypants
09-10-2022, 04:02 AM
The Babylon Bee got it right:

"73-year-old Man Finally Gets His First Job"

In theory, Charles couldn't have gotten a credit card - after all, he doesn't own the house he lives in, and until now, didn't have a paying job.....

UKSmartypants
09-10-2022, 10:19 AM
Thousands more grieving and tearful Britons head to Buckingham Palace, Windsor and Balmoral | Daily Mail Online (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11199207/Nation-mourns-Majesty-tens-thousands-flock-Buckingham-Palace-Balmoral.html)

Wildrose
09-10-2022, 08:39 PM
From not having a Queen you Yanks can only rely on the queens of San Francisco or your ex-First ladies/creatures for your national inspiration.

We don't need to elevate others to give us inspiration.

Wildrose
09-10-2022, 08:43 PM
In theory, Charles couldn't have gotten a credit card - after all, he doesn't own the house he lives in, and until now, didn't have a paying job.....

He did however have millions in the bank.

gregonejeep
09-11-2022, 09:15 AM
As I did Diana, I am watching the whole ceremonial as each day passes now. But what is different today, is they are using drones to get a live view of the ceremonies and GREAT views of the people lined along the roads and the beautiful farmlands.

One LIVE UTOOB video is running now that I am going to stay tuned in on. Royal Channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH5biEr8aNw),

MAT49
09-11-2022, 11:45 AM
RIP!https://i.imgur.com/Jnz079J.png

Authentic
09-11-2022, 12:59 PM
Premier League matches have been postponed!

And the league wants the ones scheduled for next week in London to be moved to away team home grounds because of strain caused by the state funeral.

Football at risk of further disruption with Premier League clubs unlikely to agree on reversing fixtures - The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/3582177/2022/09/10/premier-league-fixture-disruption/)

donttread
09-11-2022, 07:25 PM
Thread was made before her death was reported.

But the thread tittle said "Queen Elizabeth has died"

Authentic
09-11-2022, 07:56 PM
But the thread tittle said "Queen Elizabeth has died"

True. It had a different title before the news broke.

Knightkore
09-12-2022, 08:22 AM
You'll probably disagree with me. You, and the Limeys who're here. And that's okay...

BUT...over and above my opinion that the British Royals are an obsolete vestige of a feudal past, that serve no meaningful modern role...and I'm unwavering in that opinion, and I also know it matters not one whit...

...beyond that, there's the sad reality that Elizabeth II presided over a period of Managed Decline for the former British Empire.

It exited WWII damaged but energetic. Unfortunately, the German and French Left had infected England, as it had the US. The Fabians and the Labourites were at the ready, to not-let a crisis go to waste.

It was as they were "normalizing" the wartime collectivism, the socialized medicine, the government control over who-gets-what (called Rationing in wartime; called Socialism in peace). Winnie was still fighting them...IIRC, having been replaced as PM, he again emerged for another period and served Elizabeth for two final years.

But the trend had started. Militant unionism; then organized opposition to business...to active sabotage on the factory floor and militant strikes. To demands, both for wages and for government nationalization...British Overseas Airways, a horrible service that could not compare to Pan Am or even Lufthansa. British Motor Company and Leyland Motors, combined with government encouragement, then given subsidies as they failed, and then, nationalization. As the British motorcar industry, one of the best in 1950, became known for troublesome, poorly-designed, poorly-engineered products that neither lasted in operation nor resisted corrosion. By 1980, only Jaguar and Land-Rover still had any customers. MG, Triumph, and Rover, the car line, had all alienated their last patrons.

Had it not been for Lady Margaret Thatcher, Britain could have kept declining to what Venezuela now is.

Elizabeth tried to moderate this; tried to manage it; tried to be a noble Head of State; but it became obvious over the years...the Tories were identified as supporters of the Crown, but the Crown sure didn't support the Tories. The Queen was, at heart, a Labourite.

I have never been impressed. Not with such a system, that gives reward to hereditary claims, not to merit. Not to that particular royal lineage. Not of the knavish devotion that so many Brits give it. Yes, I understand tradition; and the requirements of custom and manners. I'm reminded of the Navy practice of saluting officers. NO ONE in the field, except a gung-ho driver or aide-de-camp, snapped a Boot Camp salute at an officer. Most of the time, if not on parade, we gave a slouched, "Whatever" salute. And got one in return - and often with a wink and a smile. The officers were in on it.

I'd understand acceptance of the Crown at that level. Not at the level I'd seen it carried out.

Margaret Thatcher was the one who truly should be remembered for what was great about Great Britain & Churchill. This royal game is just that, a game, distraction. They are playing at something that the great British Empire lost hundreds of years ago & that final knife in the back of that Empire came when America, an upstart tiny country of just 13 colonies kicked them off our shores. Britain has been jealous ever since & been going with what doesn't work for at least the last 100 years. And they want the rest of the world to fawn over them? We have Hollywood over here that does that, that are rich, that are empty headed, entitled sychophants that we either fawn over or ignore. It's why Markle fits in so damn well.

Trinnity
09-12-2022, 08:48 AM
https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2022/09/11/gettyimages-1243137768_custom-354f54cfdf6f193fa34fe8f3e31d632409bbdf38-s1100-c50.jpg

NRAforlife
09-13-2022, 01:46 PM
The trade for the Queen for Biden is still on the table........

donttread
09-13-2022, 07:33 PM
True. It had a different title before the news broke.

OK

Trinnity
09-13-2022, 11:01 PM
Just saw this pic and wanted to post it. Queenly.

Gawd, she was great as Queening.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article27979685.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/5_David-Cholmondeley.jpg

Brat
09-14-2022, 01:24 AM
Yes, she was.

Brat
09-14-2022, 01:32 AM
And wow! Those boys acting as pallbearers; I read somewhere her coffin was lead-lined and weighed literally a ton!

El Guapo
09-14-2022, 11:53 AM
https://scontent.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/305983871_2165177817017588_5199352096809400548_n.j pg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=QDz0IHhAEl4AX9BN3aa&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=00_AT9WsvHnKPM8p6Zlm4-5pTChjYMRwwiCh_R8RuvJzfv-nw&oe=632714E9

Knightkore
09-20-2022, 01:57 PM
https://www.usasupreme.com/why-is-biden-playing-with-his-tongue-at-the-ceremony-for-the-late-queen-elizabeth-ii-photo-video/

https://www.usasupreme.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/why-is-biden-playing-with-his-tongue-at-the-ceremony-for-the-late-queen-elizabeth-ii-photos-750x445.jpg

Trinnity
04-24-2024, 11:00 AM
Just about made me cry.

https://imgs.search.brave.com/5MZQQYALwS13Mk7kTQZjGNdCFjBhT8Iq3yFFEpBuWU8/rs:fit:860:0:0/g:ce/aHR0cHM6Ly9oaXBz/LmhlYXJzdGFwcHMu/Y29tL2htZy1wcm9k/L2ltYWdlcy9uZXds/eS11bnZlaWxlZC1z/dGF0dWUtb2YtcXVl/ZW4tZWxpemFiZXRo/LWlpLWlzLXBpY3R1/cmVkLW9uLW5ld3Mt/cGhvdG8tMTcxMzgw/NjU5Ny5qcGc_Y3Jv/cD0wLjY3OXh3OjEu/MDB4aDswLjE1M3h3/LDAmcmVzaXplPTY0/MDoq

Queen Elizabeth's (new) statue.

Big Wheeler
04-24-2024, 11:13 AM
Lots of complaints from those who consider the statue a poor likeness of Her Majesty.

old dog
04-24-2024, 11:49 AM
Just about made me cry.

https://imgs.search.brave.com/5MZQQYALwS13Mk7kTQZjGNdCFjBhT8Iq3yFFEpBuWU8/rs:fit:860:0:0/g:ce/aHR0cHM6Ly9oaXBz/LmhlYXJzdGFwcHMu/Y29tL2htZy1wcm9k/L2ltYWdlcy9uZXds/eS11bnZlaWxlZC1z/dGF0dWUtb2YtcXVl/ZW4tZWxpemFiZXRo/LWlpLWlzLXBpY3R1/cmVkLW9uLW5ld3Mt/cGhvdG8tMTcxMzgw/NjU5Ny5qcGc_Y3Jv/cD0wLjY3OXh3OjEu/MDB4aDswLjE1M3h3/LDAmcmVzaXplPTY0/MDoq

Queen Elizabeth's (new) statue.

It's perfect.